• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

need game designing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngsage3

that one guy.
Reaction score
hi
does anyone know where i can download some safe, free videogame designing software?

thanks

What computer language do you plan on using to code it?

computer language??? i just wanna make a game...

computer language??? i just wanna make a game...

Yes, computer language. You generally need to program stuff in games.

Anyways, seems you want to go easy on the hardcore stuff, so I'd recommend mainly graphic- and button-oriented game making software such as the RPG Maker family, if you're aiming to make a game that has turn-based battle methods and/or will handle a quest-type story.

Yeah and you need to know some kind of programming language in order to make a good one and there will be several for each language.

read this for some help in choosing

A basic language is VB6. There are tuts all over youtube.

If you want something to make games without knowing programming though, try the UDK. It's free, and you need to know how to make unreal maps, but it lets you make 3d games.

For a beginner, Game Maker seems easy to use. I also like Games Factory 2, but it only works in 2D.

I used Game Maker for a few years and I can thus say it is very versatile if you give it some time, that is, you're ready to learn to think things on a moderately low level. For example: you aren't adding a "jump" command to the space key, but rather adding a series of commands that check if you can jump and if you can, move your character upward).

Stencyl should be an easier tool for game creation, though it is currently in private beta phase, so you need to apply for it to possibly get the program currently.

Remember, the easier you want it to be, the more the program also limits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom