• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Need Help in GSC

Akamadoushi

Red Mage
Reaction score
Instead of making separate posts for everything I decided to make one thread with all of my failings, with bullet points.

• Heracross, Aipom, and Pineco. Bulbapedia just says to headbutt trees but I haven't seen them. Do they only appear at certain times of day, certain areas, etc. (I have noticed that only a couple of different pokémon appear when headbutting trees in one place) or is it totally random and they're just very rare?
  • Jynx. The wiki says she appears on the first floor of the Ice Path during daytime and morning. During extended training sessions on Crystal, I've never seen her. Can she be anywhere on the 1st floor, or only on a certain side (as there are two areas for 1st floor)?
  • I have Buena's number. Does this serve any purpose aside from novelty?

Oh goody... my time to shine.

Well, first of all, Heracross and Pineco appear in mountainous areas, such as Routes 43, 44, and 45, Mahogany Town, and Blackthorn City. Aipom and Spearow and HootHoot appear in more forested areas, such as Route 29, 30, 31.

Jynx should appear on both sides of the ground level. I don't know what to tell you other than keep looking.

Buena has a nightly radio program called "Buena's Password". It can be listened to on your PokeGear radio. Every night she says a password (usually DROWZEE, POTION, or something simple like that). Walk up to the second floor of the Radio Tower (except during the Rocket takeover) and tell it to her, and she gives you a point. You save these points in a Blue Card, which she gives you. 2 points is an Ultra Ball or Full Restore. 3 points is a Rare Candy or a Nugget. 5 points is a Protein, Iron, Calcium, Carbos, or HP Up.

Well, first of all, Heracross and Pineco appear in mountainous areas, such as Routes 43, 44, and 45, Mahogany Town, and Blackthorn City. Aipom and Spearow and HootHoot appear in more forested areas, such as Route 29, 30, 31.

Jynx should appear on both sides of the ground level. I don't know what to tell you other than keep looking.

Thanks! ^_^

Buena has a nightly radio program called "Buena's Password". It can be listened to on your PokeGear radio. Every night she says a password (usually DROWZEE, POTION, or something simple like that). Walk up to the second floor of the Radio Tower (except during the Rocket takeover) and tell it to her, and she gives you a point. You save these points in a Blue Card, which she gives you. 2 points is an Ultra Ball or Full Restore. 3 points is a Rare Candy or a Nugget. 5 points is a Protein, Iron, Calcium, Carbos, or HP Up.

Oh I get that, I meant I got 30 points on my blue card and she gave me her phone number. So far she just calls during the show to say she's on a break and ask how I'm doing, or if I call her before/after she show she asks what the weather outside is like. I was wondering if she gives away items on occasion like some of the NPCs do from time to time or if it's just a pointless novelty for saving up 30 points.

Huh, didn't know that. I never saved up 30 points, I spent it like there was a hole in my pocket. Interesting, perhaps if I get a Crystal again sometime I'll try that.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom