• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Need help.

Chichi

Reaction score
i'm new here so i don't know much, but i have a Lv. 48 venasaur (i restarted my game) and it knows these attacks:

1. sunny day
2. solarbeam
3. frenzyplant

i need another attack.
any suggestions?

Okay don't double up on moves, it is redundant. Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Sludge Bomb/Earthquake is usually used iirc. Razor leaf can be thrown there too.

I'd personally recommend Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Sludge Bomb, and any of the following: Secret Power, Earthquake, Swords Dance, or Body Slam.

The in-game environment permits moves like Secret Power, so if you've used the majority of the physical attacks listed above, Secret Power could be used as a decent filler. It's certainly better than keeping it with Tackle. Keep in mind, there are many opportunities to provide Venusaur with good in-game movesets outside of my suggestion, there are just too many to name.

Vulvasore
|Overgrow|Adamant|Leftovers|
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis

This thing is a tank that have survive quite a lot of abuse thanks to Seed and Sythesis. T-tar can ruin your day though since Sandstream will reduce Sythesis' usefulness.

Some people make it Modest and go for Magical Leaf or Hidden Power Grass, which is arguably better since nothing is immune to Grass... but no 30% chance of poison and less damage. =/

I like

-Swords Dance/Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake
-Sleep Powder/Synthesis

Ingame you should have mostly sweepers. Competitively, go Sludge Bomb, Synthesis/Earthquake, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder.

Go for a tank,

@lefies
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Earthquake

Done alot of good things for me this little bugger.

sub is not needed. and eq is mainly for tyranitar on netbattle. I'd just put razor leaf over eq

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom