• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Need more ideas for beta series Chaos Rising: Monster edition

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello all.

Once again I'm trying to come up with new ideas for Chaos Rising. Because I've hit bit of a writer's block, along with RL events, I've been trying to grease my creativity gears by doing sub-documents that list things like character profiles, known magical spells, Legendary Gear abilities, and so on. This is mainly to keep my thoughts organized and keep track of various elements in the series. As a result, I want some help for ideas, this time ideas for different monsters.

Since Celtic's primary way of boosting the Shroud is by feeding it materials such as monster parts, I wanted to come up with some more monsters to both further the Shroud's abilities/forms, but also for basic reference such as name, drops and species/category. I've already got a few ideas for future monsters, one of which will get its own chapter as it and its drops has some impact in the future, but I need some more ideas. Now, normally I could just use ideas from other RPGs, but I'd rather be a bit more creative this time around, especially since I've already copied a few ideas from other RPGs early on, so I'd rather not fall into that rut. Names and base idea are allowed to be basic if need be, even punny if one so desires (ie: Skeleton Soldier, Nue Chimera, Killjoy, etc), so it's not like every monster needs a "serious" name, so you're not just restricted to anything too "intimidating" to fit the idea of a monster. I mean, one of my monster names that'll crop up later on is a Jack Rabbicorn (as in a Jack Rabbit with a horn on its head) and another is called a Clobbster (which is a lobster that clobbers), so it's not like everything needs to be deadly "serious" when it comes to monster names. I'm open to pretty much all ideas so feel free to post any idea you think would work in a setting like Chaos Rising. If you have any drop ideas as well to go with them (to name some I've come up with (though not all of them have appeared yet): Black Pearl, Single Magic Vial, Gold Herb, Beast Bone, Yggdrasil Leaf, Oracle Crystal, Magic Water, Fairy Acorn, Magic Candle) then feel free to post them too.

Thanks in advance and take care.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom