• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[NEED RUSH HELP] Pokémon Game Dilemna

UPDATE:

So after school i went to search for shops around our area (and some nearest stores...) and went to look for FireRed GBA copies...

TO my dismay... all have the same copies like mine... and the gist is: These are all stores in malls!... T_T

I can't believe this... all of them have 10 pages for the inside leaflet (that tells of a page 20+) and all of them have saved games from the start (either a variation of A and repititions)....

However, i now noticed that in the top of the box... it has Made in Japan and Philippines (yes, i'm from the PH).... hmm.. i can't understand this..

But i haven't been in the store where i bought my game... now, what do you think i should do?... :(

Well, it seems like it's just your country or something. Just forget about it. The game works, right? Is it in bad condition? I would just keep it and play it.

Now i've visited the store where i bought the game..... the salelady tells me that their GBA games are from Taiwan.. :|

I dunno if that's original or not... but really, i would like to have an original... i think i'm just going to sell this to someone and buy a legit game....

Thanks for all the help people... :D

Moppi said:
Now i've visited the store where i bought the game..... the salelady tells me that their GBA games are from Taiwan.. :|

I dunno if that's original or not... but really, i would like to have an original... i think i'm just going to sell this to someone and buy a legit game....

Thanks for all the help people... :D

Don't do it; it's very unethical to sell off a pirated copy of a game.

From what I have read of this thread, your copy of FireRed is a definite fake. Real copies of Pokémon games come from Japan or the U.S., for the Japanese and English versions respectively. English version, if I remember correctly, does not come from Japan, and never from the Philippines (South-East Asian countries (and I'm not ashamed to say my country, Singapore, is in the mix too - although they are now starting to crack down on such people) are well known as a pirating haven). What's more, the store where you brought the game from is providing contradicting information by saying that they are from Taiwan (which, again, is impossible - and Taiwan is also notorious for it's pirates too), which clearly shows that they are either lying or do not know the real origins of their games.

I once had the misfortune of owning a pirated Pokémon game too (the Crystal version). The cartridge looked very different from the offical ones, and the trainer guide was also mysteriously missing some pages. What's more, the game's font looked different from screenshots in the trainer guide, and the English was... well, let's just say that quality was non-existent. I, too, had got it from a shop in a shopping mall (although it's one of those older, more old-fashioned ones - the opposite of the kind of shopping malls people associate with modern Singapore). Because of this incident, I did not buy another piece of Pokémon merchandise for some time (and that also marked the start of the period where I lost interest in Pokémon), and when I started again, I was constantly worried that it might be a fake or something until I could examine it.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom