• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Need Team Help

UnseeingRaccoon

Trying to get back into pokemon
Reaction score
Alright, so I was recently part of the BadAss tournament and I lost. I was using my main OU team. I don't really know what else to say so here the team is.

Hitmonlee@Life Orb
Jolly
Reckless
252 att/252 speed/6 HP
Fake Out
Earthquake
Power Up Punch
Rock Tomb

Not typical I know. But depending on what I see in the preview I like using it as an antilead/early sweeper. Fake Out to break lead sashes PUP to boost my attack and give STAB Earthquake for coverage and Rock Tomb for if I predict a switch to a faster pokemon I have a chance of outspeeding.

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Impish
Iron Barbs
252 Def/252 HP/6 Att
Power Whip
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Spikes

My alternate lead and physical wall. I love switching in on Azumaril with Aqua Jet, seeing its health plummet, and proceeding to set up leech seed on their switch in. I can also usually find time to set up rocks and 2 layers of spikes. Thinking of swapping spikes for T-Wave but I already have other status spreaders.

Florges@Lum Berry
Calm
Flower Veil
252 SpDef/252 HP/6 SpAtt
Aromatherapy
Wish
Toxic/Moonblast
Protect

I know its taunt bait if I go with Toxic instead of Moonblast but I like to spread status, as it means I dont have to deal with any one pokemon for extended periods of time. It is untested but it sounds good on paper because its bulkier and faster than sylveon. Its ability is useless but so was Sylveons so Im not worried about it. Im thinking this will work better because Im tired of all the paralysis my team has been dealing with resently. I know eevee has heal bell but that was a tutor move and I dont have B2/W2 so... Yeah. Any thoughts on this instead of the Sylveon behinde the spoiler?

Talonflame@No Item
Adamant
Gale Wings
252 Att/252 Speed/6 HP
Acrobatics
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Roost

I like this pokemon. I hate fighting others but since I took the time to breed this one perfect stats I can usually outrun other talonflames and ko them after SR. I like Acrobatics instead of Brave Bird cause it still hits hard and has no recoil. The lack of item is annoying but eh, whatever. Roost if I come in on SR and predict a switch and U-Turn to get out of there. Flare Blitz is for anything that resists my priority.

Aegislash@Leftovers
Shiny
Brave
Stance Change
252 Att/6 Def/252 HP
Kings Shield
Shadow Sneak
Iron Head
Swords Dance

His Kings shield is a staple, Shadow Sneak, for priority because of abysmal speed, Iron Head for fairies and the like plus secondary STAB, and Swords Dance to boost my power.

And last but not least...

Blastoise@Blastoisinite
Timid
Torrent/Mega Launcher
252 SpAtt/252 Def/6 Speed
Scald
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse

I love my Blastoise. It throws people off guard. Scald is for STAB and when I get a burn against a physical attacker its just beautiful, Ice Beam for the dragons, Aura Sphere for coverage, and Dark Pulse for the ghosts/psychics/any thing it'll hit well.

Alright, so thats the line up. I would really appreciate any and all feedback. But please only constructive criticism, because nobody likes Trollz.

Swapped pokemon
Sylveon@Lum Berry
Gentle
Cute Charm
200 SpDef/58 SpAtt/252 HP
Toxic
Wish
Protect
Moonblast

Special wall and healer. I can usually wish protect stall while toxic whittles down their health. Lum berry because I got fed up with other toxic users. Self explanatory move set, and I only have Gentle nature because it was the best IV special defense boosting nature that hatched from the first 50 eggs.

Last edited:
Well one problem is that you're using StanceDance Aegislash. Use The Crumbler (Mixed Pivot Aegislash).

Aegislash @ Life Orb/Spooky Plate
Stance Change
Quiet/Brave
244 Atk/252 Sp Atk/12 Speed
~Shadow Ball
~Shadow Sneak
~Sacred Sword
~Iron Head/King's Shield/Flash Cannon

Before anyone asks, the 12 Speed EVs are to outrun Sassy Tyranitar.

Honestly speaking, I would like to switch Aegislash out if at all possible. I just havent found anything quite as good yet. I am thinking another steel type though.

Amibpom @ King's Rock / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: @ 4 Hp / 252 Attk / 252 Speed
~Beat-Up ~Fake Out ~Return ~Brick Break

This set works way better than that Hitmonlee set. It can break shashes, barriers and can get a 2-Turn flinch. Only thing you need is Bulky Walls that can take hits so you can get more Fake Outs in.
If you wanna run Hitmonlee, you shud use the item Normal Gem on it and the Ability Unburden.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Admant
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Attk / 4 Spe
~Tailwind ~Brave Bird ~U-Turn ~Flare Blitz

Choice is probably the best item on Talonflame. Having an artificially +1 in Attk and Priority Brave Bird will definitely destroy souls or get rid of major threats if not countered.
As for Tailwind, you can get a boost for your team if your just sending it to get a free switch in. And of course, always run a rapid spinner / defogger if your ganna use T-Flame.
Good partners for Talonflame are Gastrodon, Ferrothorn, and Venasuar.

I had the choice set before but the recoil killed me after about a 3 pokemon sweep. I like the acrobatics set because it still hits hard and I like to have as much recovery on my team as possible. But I love the look of that ambipom set. I'm definitely going to try it when I get a chance to breed one.

Ambipom really should run U-Turn, as it will be switching out a lot anyway and wants to get damage off as it does so. Brick Break can be replaced if you don't mind being walled by Bisharp and Lucario, or Return can be replaced if you don't feel the need for STAB outside of Fake Out.

If you're opting for an Acrobatics Talonflame, I would recommend a berry or something otherwise edible over simply having no item at all.
I personally do not pull out Choice-Band Talonflame until late-game, where everything else has already taken a bit of prior damage.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom