• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: Needd assistance with my fanfic

ShinyUmbreon1

Reaction score
Hey, I’ve got an idea for a fan fiction the main character is a girl basically me who starts her first journey around Unova with her best friend Charlie the Minccino
I’ve figured out Pokemon she’s going to catch and her rivals and other characters that will appear throughout
I’m trying to figure out what Gym Leaders she will battle and how the league will work

In terms of the League, it will be much easier to write an Elite Four style challenge than a tournament. I recently learned that tournaments are much harder to write than they look - if you want to go down that route, I would especially recommend giving yourself time in the narrative to set up who the rivals are, and what the stakes are for them. It's not just about why the protagonist wants to win - it's also about why her opponents want to win as well. Given that you seem to be going for traditional rival style characters that might be naturally done throughout the story

In terms of the League, it will be much easier to write an Elite Four style challenge than a tournament. I recently learned that tournaments are much harder to write than they look - if you want to go down that route, I would especially recommend giving yourself time in the narrative to set up who the rivals are, and what the stakes are for them. It's not just about why the protagonist wants to win - it's also about why her opponents want to win as well. Given that you seem to be going for traditional rival style characters that might be naturally done throughout the story

I thought the league in a tournament style would be difficult to write
Considering there’s only 155 Pokemon in the Unova dex and older Pokemon in the postgame
To make varied teams I’d have to use the older Pokemon from the postgame

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom