• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Negaishipping - Ash/Iris

I think the shipping is cute, although I honestly don't think Ash deserves Iris, she's way too good for him.

New Image of Champion Iris
champion_iris_by_kurumierika-d54hwv4.png
Does Anyone now want to support Negaishipping !
Or you people still into Advanceshipping and Pokeshipping .
The Only thing missing now is ''Chemistry'' !

I think they did it to make people more interested in Iris. Negaishipping is pretty underrated I think.

You know , I don't really like the idea of Iris falling in love with Ash first!
But I like the idea of Ash falling for Iris first
By the way , Does anyone else think Champion Iris's hairstyle has a little similarity with Katara from ''Avatar, The last Airbender''???

Iris becoming God Champion of Unova in the games serves as sort of a foreshadowing of the Dragon Master she will become. this in turn would make people more interested in the character of Iris from the show since we see who she will become, which in itself makes the shipping become more common for her in a sense.

that's all I've really got to say about that for now.

P.S. I love this outfit.

Black_2_White_2_Iris.png

i believe that the writers have realized that its been 15 years. much of the time the story plot often involved Ash journeying w/ a female companion and, at the end of the series, the girl leaves to tend to her own quest or agenda while Ash continues to move on w/ his quest. the girl may have developed a secret crush on him during their travels but their feelings would usually be left hidden. thus, their relationship w/ Ash wouldn't grow into anything more than friendship. this became somewhat repetitive in the story which basically began w/ Misty developing feelings for Ash as they're friendship grew more and more during the course of their adventures together until her departure back to her home city to return to her duties as gym leader and other personal goals. by now, im sure the writers have seen this and perhaps thought that its time for Ash to experience love for the 1st time. Iris has great potential to be Ash's girlfriend. unlike the rest of the female companions who kept their feelings totally in the dark and unseen, she is very expressive, not being too shy to tell anyone how she feels. although she does keep her feelings hidden, she displays great care and likeness to Ash that even Dento could detect some chemistry happening between the two. Ash may be able to not only experience a new emotion that he never had before but also mature a little after having loved someone other than his mom, friends, pokemon, etc. he needs this before he becomes an older and much stronger pokemon trainer and Iris i believe could help him feel what its like to have loved another.

Last edited:
I can see iris getting handed the title of champ at the end of BW and then ash falls in love with her since shes a pokemon master

Well, I have to confess, as much I as I predicted the NegaiShipping to come out of an episode such as today's, I didn't expect to be as pleased with it as much as I was!

A lot of people have mentioned the exchange scene when they were discussing the NegaiShipping, but my favourite parts was the fact that Ash is geniunely worried for Iris, and hangs out in the tree at night, awake. Personally, I believe it is since he knows she will be in the trees, and it'd make an eye-level viewpoint. Also, the moment when Ash accidentally sets the table for three as opposed to two, and he realises solemnly. The realisation (and Dento's little knowing smile) is what I particularly was fond of there. The exchange was also, in my opinion, kind of shippy, as the Pokemon kind of knew what to do for their trainers. Also, Iris showing off the flower in her hair after Ash gave it to her was cute. <3

This thread looks dead but I couldn't stop myself from posting in this thread.Negaishipping feels so natural.The hints are really adorable.They look perfect with eachother.I am excited for Iris's possible return in XY! :)

In retrospect I'm surprised this ship wasn't more popular. It was basically Pokeshipping 2.0 since Iris teased Ash almost the same way Misty did. Its overshadowed now because of Amourshipping obviously, but it had potential while it was there.

Omg, Iris and Ash are so adorable together! Something just clicks, y'know? Every interaction is cute, and I wish that Amourshipping didn't hog the spotlight so bad. But when I do watch the XY anime, I'll probably understand the appeal.

I have watched only a few episodes of BW. But I had liked their chemistry back then.
I think this is a very cute pairing! :)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom