• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Negaishipping - Ash/Iris

Re: Ash/Iris shipping thread

^Voted for WishfulShipping! ;3

But Negai sounds pretty cool too. But it'll be wierd because it's Japanese unlike the past 3 ships...

Hmmm... knightshipping is still my choice, because of that "knight" thing about Iris manerisms on calling Ash (some guys thought it's disgusting the whole "knight-in-shinning-armor", but I think it's cool for this shipping).

Hmmm... knightshipping is still my choice, because of that "knight" thing about Iris manerisms on calling Ash (some guys thought it's disgusting the whole "knight-in-shinning-armor", but I think it's cool for this shipping).
Except Knightshipping is already taken.

I'm not on the ball for any of the names (none "fit" right, in my mind). I even wonder if she'll be around longer than any of the first three episodes.

I'm still pissed that White isn't going to be a travel companion. (I can hope for Black though. There's still hope for him.)

But this ship does have potential.

So Ash is her knight, huh? Does that mean he'll be Tuxedo Mask to her Sailor Moon, heh heh?

I'm not really sure about any of the names (although I like "BadHairDaysShipping" but that was a joke...I think?) but I do think this ship has potential.
I'd like to see how it works out.

So Ash is her knight, huh? Does that mean he'll be Tuxedo Mask to her Sailor Moon, heh heh?

Awe no that'd be cuteXD
I wonder if there will be an episode where Ash is dressed as a knight and saves Iris?

I'm pretty sure it's from her perspective, since I highly doubt any "knight" stuff is from Ash's.

I'm equating this as a samurai+patron relationship, if anything. If she calls him "Satoshi-dono," it's certainly more then case in her own characterization, though I doubt it will be played as so. You don't need to speak archaically and stuff in archaic mind-sets at the same time.

It'd be a quirk at the very most, and nothing to be heavily played on. Because if she feels she does need a protector, well, that won't last very long, unless the whole point of her is to learn how to battle, and maybe do gym battles.

...Maybe Ash will become Brock, this time around. As in the third wheel, as time goes on (which would only set the stage for Ash's departure by the end of that arc). Straight-up mentoring and maybe explaining (even though we learn as he learns).

I'm pretty sure it's from her perspective, since I highly doubt any "knight" stuff is from Ash's.

I'm equating this as a samurai+patron relationship, if anything. If she calls him "Satoshi-dono," it's certainly more then case in her own characterization, though I doubt it will be played as so. You don't need to speak archaically and stuff in archaic mind-sets at the same time.
So...would this make them more like Louise and Saito?

So...would this make them more like Louise and Saito?
More like Mugen+Jin and Fuu (or at least that was the first thing that came to mind *after lots of thinking; I watch too much*)...but obviously without their dynamic, just the relationship: bodyguard-style.

All the other ships that are named after the regions are for the two playable game characters.
Only for about half the regions. That applies to Hoenn, Orre, Almia, and Oblivia.

Kanto- Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle
Johto- Male PC/Female PC/Rival (games and Special manga)
Sinnoh- Palmer/Johanna
Isshu- Male PC/Rival

And we don't have a Fioreshipping or Holonshipping.

Awe no that'd be cuteXD
I wonder if there will be an episode where Ash is dressed as a knight and saves Iris?
Honestly, I kind of expected this to be done for Dawn.
Seriously, am I the only one to notice how Ash's power of aura is similar to Iris' "pokemon communication" (which, incidentally, resembles Sheena and Annabel's special powers)?

Last edited:

Surprise... surprise... a new season for Pokemon. OH and look a new traveling partner? How quaint. Personally i think Ash should just find a girl and stick with her. So here's to saying Iris will be the one. XD

But here is something interesting though. In that spoiler, did it say that Iris had the power to communicate with Pokemon? And that she goes around preventing bad things from happening? So does that mean that the plot will NOT revolve around Ash going around "gottacatchemalling" and collecting badges to enter some tournament to be the greatest Pokemon master lolhax0red? Please tell me that is the case! Because if it is, there is plenty of potential for growth and character development and .... ok maybe I'm hoping for too much...

BACK ON TOPIC!

So! This ship definitely has some potential. Were going to have to wait how the first couple of episodes work to know for sure. Just the fact that Iris calls ash her Knight gives the writers cannon fodder for romantic puns and situations, (whether they decide to use them is the question.) It also might give ash a chance to be more heroic, and i mean heroic in the epic sense not the "I'm gonna love all the Pokemon in the world and stop team rocket." Sense...

again maybe I'm asking to much.

I just have on question...WHAT IS UP WITH HER HAIR? is her character design final?

But here is something interesting though. In that spoiler, did it say that Iris had the power to communicate with Pokemon? And that she goes around preventing bad things from happening? So does that mean that the plot will NOT revolve around Ash going around "gottacatchemalling" and collecting badges to enter some tournament to be the greatest Pokemon master lolhax0red? Please tell me that is the case! Because if it is, there is plenty of potential for growth and character development and .... ok maybe I'm hoping for too much...

This could demonstrate more originality on the writers' part than I've seen from them in the last four years.

I've a thought on her hair; she's got even more than Hikari, making her the "prettiest" Satoshi has yet travelled with.

So in the Pokemon Universe, more hair means prettier?

But it would be nice to see some obvious romantic tension between the leads. Just to switch it up a bit.

Last edited:

But it would be nice to see some obvious romantic tension between the leads. Just to switch it up a bit.
It would get old pretty fast, though. Romance in this show is either quick or quiet, and the fanbase would get frustrated pretty quickly (shipping is srs biznus) if it was more than one-sided. If it manages to be two-sided (but unconfessed), then too long without resolve would make the show static (since it's not shoujo) since Iris isn't a character that would only make occasional appearances (a la Drew) and constant interaction would mean constant go-to.

But if she's more obvious than Misty was (I don't think Iris is going to be as argumentative, which gave her a second dynamic away from her crush, including their friendship), or at least doesn't have more quirks (like Angie did, being loud and overly competitive) or a dead-set goal...her time on the cast is going to be short. We'll see how it plays out.

Wouldn't it be something if her Kibago and Ash's Gible hooked up?

You mean some Pokemon love going on? Didn't they try this last season?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom