• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Netflix has secured exclusive rights to Pokemon Journeys/PM2019 in the US

As I've suspected, Netflix uses a gimped version. It's funny that they don't use a full opening of "The Journey Starts Today" despite moving to a digital streaming service, and even funnier, not featuring a "skip intro" button during the intro. I do appreciate that the WTP and "Seizure warning" notice is the same as the JPN version, but other than those, not really surprised.

As I've suspected, Netflix uses a gimped version. It's funny that they don't use a full opening of "The Journey Starts Today" despite moving to a digital streaming service, and even funnier, not featuring a "skip intro" button during the intro. I do appreciate that the WTP and "Seizure warning" notice is the same as the JPN version, but other than those, not really surprised.
Wait, there's a Seizure warning?

Wait, there's a Seizure warning?
Yup, here is a screenshot from the Netflix App on my phone.
It applies if are watching it through Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xfinity, etc.

Attachments

• Optimized-Screenshot_20200612-134830.jpg
    Optimized-Screenshot_20200612-134830.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 119

Oh whoops, I totally forgot that the skip intro button doesn't exist in the first episode of any Netflix show. I'll bet this feature will be useful in future episodes.

As a Canadian, I'm disappointed it's not on our version of Netflix, but from what I heard and seen of, I'm impressed. Streaming is going to do this series nicely.
I'm hoping it may appear on Netflix later since it has some Sun/Moon episodes--after Teletoon has run through them.
I also suspect they'll eventually appear on Pokemon.com since every dubbed Sun/Moon episode is there right now, but it could be quite some time.

I'm hoping it may appear on Netflix later since it has some Sun/Moon episodes--after Teletoon has run through them.
I also suspect they'll eventually appear on Pokemon.com since every dubbed Sun/Moon episode is there right now, but it could be quite some time.
Pokemon.com only has Sun and Moon and the original series. They had the other seasons but there are only available for a couple of months and then they disappear.

Pokemon.com only has Sun and Moon and the original series. They had the other seasons but there are only available for a couple of months and then they disappear.
They added more and more of Sun and Moon as it went on; I'm suggesting the same will happen for Journeys. I think they had all of XY for a bit before removing it for Sun and Moon, but I could be misremembering.
Edit: They also currently have all of BW; they seem to keep Kanto and the OI up constantly, the most recent, and cycle through the others.

I'm not surprised, sadly. If anything, this confirms my worst fears and is likely why we haven't seen any news regarding a home video release of Movie 22. This likely doesn't bode well with home video releases of seasons 23 onwards either.

I suspect Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution we'll get it released on DVD and Blu-Ray this fall. Too lucrative of a market to not release that on home video. Sun And Moon Ultra Legends will get released I'm going to guess August. No way they will not allow Pokemon to get home video releases they still make very good money from that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that TPCI would want to keep releasing DVDs. They're going through re-releases of older seasons, so I assume that means that they sell well enough. Being considered a Netflix original could mean that it takes them longer to put out DVDs for the newest seasons, but I doubt that they'd be okay with losing on that extra bit of cash.

It still feels weird watching the series on Netflix, though the lack of commercials and having all of the episodes neatly compiled in one place is nice. Big bummer about no Japanese audio track, though. That would've been a nice option to have.

My biggest problem is that I don't want to watch every episode in one fell swoop, so now there's 10 episodes left just sitting there and taunting me :(

I haven't even started watching the series and I'm already too tempted to go through all of the episodes. A part of me kind of wants to watch them weekly, but another part of me wants to go through the episodes faster just so that I can get a better impression of the new series, as well as the dub voices for some of the characters.

I haven't even started watching the series and I'm already too tempted to go through all of the episodes. A part of me kind of wants to watch them weekly, but another part of me wants to go through the episodes faster just so that I can get a better impression of the new series, as well as the dub voices for some of the characters.
Then you can just skip forward to check voices (like, if you wanna know/hear the dub voice a character whose debut is in episode 3, then just skip to episode 3 and listen to some lines he/she/it says) and then watch the episodes weekly.

Then you can just skip forward to check voices (like, if you wanna know/hear the dub voice a character whose debut is in episode 3, then just skip to episode 3 and listen to some lines he/she/it says) and then watch the episodes weekly.
As tempting as it is, I'm extremely strict on keeping the tradition of watching Pokemon episodes every week (Netflix kinda ruined it haha, but I can manage...), not going ahead and definitely not watching the original JPN version. I actually got really angry for "cheating" at the WTP for the first episode weeks before because of Canada's early viewing lol.:LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom