• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Netflix has secured exclusive rights to Pokemon Journeys/PM2019 in the US

I skipped to the Leon Vs. Lance fight (as that's one of my favorite Pokemon battles in the series) and was disappointed to see they removed the Galar Trainer Battle and Galar Gym Battle themes (but kept the Galar Wild Battle theme); that Dynamax Battle just doesn't have the same grandiose nature as it initially did. And here I had a brief hope this series would be different.

At this point, I'm no longer surprised at music replacement. Power of Us was a fluke since Goldfarb has gone on a trip during the movie's dub production. Maybe we should all collectively pay for him to go on more trips so he becomes "unavailable" more frequently.

I don't see how that explains why Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution didn't have its soundtrack changed, nor why both films still have ending themes done by Goldfarb and his team. Until someone comes out and says why these things are done the way they are, I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer.

I don't see how that explains why Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution didn't have its soundtrack changed, nor why both films still have ending themes done by Goldfarb and his team. Until someone comes out and says why these things are done the way they are, I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer.
Most likely for Copyright reasons, it's a strange beast at least, and a necessary evil at most.

...so about this whole Neflix thing.

Their whole "let's release 12 episodes all at once" thing is kind of killing dub fans' discussions, isn't it? Social media and message boards are all abuzz with dub conversation for like the first two or three days or so after a new batch drops and then...nothing. Just three months of crickets, basically. There's no new dub content coming out every single week like it used to and so there's nothing new for dub fans to talk about until the next batch comes out.

When Episodes 13-24 drop in September we're going to see the same thing; two or three days of people posting clips, talking about what was changed from the Japanese version, and updating Bulbapedia entries...and then nothing again until December.

I don't know about you but this feels like a real downgrade to me.

...so about this whole Neflix thing.

Their whole "let's release 12 episodes all at once" thing is kind of killing dub fans' discussions, isn't it? Social media and message boards are all abuzz with dub conversation for like the first two or three days or so after a new batch drops and then...nothing. Just three months of crickets, basically. There's no new dub content coming out every single week like it used to and so there's nothing new for dub fans to talk about until the next batch comes out.

When Episodes 13-24 drop in September we're going to see the same thing; two or three days of people posting clips, talking about what was changed from the Japanese version, and updating Bulbapedia entries...and then nothing again until December.

I don't know about you but this feels like a real downgrade to me.
It's actually somewhat making me miss the days when the dub would be on weekly and for the most part, there wouldn't be a single speck of silence but alas this is the price we must pay when a dubbed show moves to Netflix.

The site has always had more discussion regarding the Japanese version than the dub, but the Netflix release format definitely had a huge impact on the amount of dub discussions here. A lot of people have already gone through the first twelve episodes, so there isn't much left to talk about until we get the next batch of episodes. That's one reason why I'm still trying to watch only one or two episodes a week. As tempted as I am to see more of the series and be better able to form my own opinions about it, especially since I'm curious how I'll feel about Goh by episode twelve, I also want to keep having new episodes to look forward to each week.

I got used to watch shows weekly by the time I started watching subbed anime. In my homecountry Pokemon (and other anime\cartoon episodes'd air daily, from Monday to Friday, in the usual season batch (there was an exception as far as I remember, when Cartoon Network would air new AG episodes only on Saturday while keeping the weekdays for reruns only). The problem was that reruns were something very constant, sometimes lasting a few months as the newer season was being dubbed.

So I wouldn't mind watching a bunch of episodes in a single row (in the case I followed the dub), I do that a lot with other series.

To be fair, there was hardly any discussion in the dub threads since 2010s. On the other hand, opening up separate threads for dub episodes seems pointless now. Maybe we should change the system to a single thread for 12 dub episodes?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom