• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Netflix's "The Toys That Made Us" Series

Which franchise did/do you have toys from that were covered in "The Toys That Made Us"

• Star Wars

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Barbie

• He Man and the Masters of the Universe

• G.I. Joe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Transformers

• Lego

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Hello Kitty

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Power Rangers

• My Little Pony

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Professional Wrestling

• Total voters

owenpeterson

Reaction score
Considering it's the holiday season, I figured I'd share with you the Netflix original streaming documentary series "The Toys that Made Us". It discusses the various toy franchises in history. The lines covered in it are Star Wars, Barbie, He Man, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, Transformers, Lego, Hello Kitty, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and Professional Wrestling. I think the series is great and I recommend watching it.

What did you think of the series? I also added a multiple vote poll asking which of the toy lines covered in the series did you have in your collections.

I only watched the MLP one because I played with them when I was really little and have become a little bit of a collector as an adult. It was interesting to see the history of how the toyline began. But seeing as that's the only episode I have watched, I can't comment on the show in general.

My favorites are the 4 episodes from Season 3: TMNT, Power Rangers, MLP, and Wrestling.
I had a few Power Rangers toys when I was younger. Now I have 9 of the classic Red Ranger figures from the Super Megaforce line from Mighty Morphin to Wild Force. I also have the SH Figuarts Armored Red Ranger figure.
I also have quite a few MLP Vinyl figures as well as large plushies.
For Wrestling I have a few classic Hasbro WWF figures.

I loved the episode about Transformers, because my husband and I are collectors of the toyline. It was also great to see Mr. Peter Cullen again; he's a really awesome guy. (I should know. I have met him.)

Well, I believe that in my childhood I must have had one or another Lego toy. Other than it, I never had any toys from above listed franchises. And, honestly, I really don't like any of these franchises. On the other hand, my sister already had Barbie and Hello Kitty toys.

About the series, I haven't watched it yet.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom