• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

Hello! I was wondering if there was a ship name listed for Shauntal & Wicke?

If not, I'd like to submit HalayaShipping for it.

I had submitted this name to the pkmnshippinglist on tumblr a couple years back, but I understand they're still being collected. I will double check and see what hasn't been sent here.
Could not find it this name there so here it is for good measure. Thank you!
Please submit any names you remember giving to the Tumblr page! The Tumblr page used a submission process where names couldn't be seen until the operator accepted and published them, but at some point all of that stopped and the previous list manager (the only one with the login info to my knowledge) vanished. Anything submitted to that page after July 8 2017 has been lost, probably forever.

What's the consensus on accepting Hisui pairing names?

There's been lots of chatter about a ship name for Adaman and Irida. It looks like some are using JewelShipping, but that's already a pairing. Thematically, people are discussing the origins of their English names. The popular JP pairing combines their names like usual, and SekiKai sounds good enough to be the pairing itself with "Shipping" attached.

Based on the names suggested on Twitter, maybe AncientJewelShipping?
I'm letting Legends shippers sort things out in their own communities just as everyone has done before them. After we're a bit past the launch window, I'll start taking whatever names have the most real-world usage. There's already been another name submitted for Adaman x Irida so that one would take precedence if there's somehow no community to name the pairing themselves.

I'm not seeing any usage of JewelShipping for that pairing but JewelShipping - Misty & Starmie does have some actual usage. I'm honestly not sure if people are actually shipping Misty and her Starmie or Misty and any Starmie or (maybe the most likely) misremembering that Misty's Starmie was a completely separate Pokemon from her Staryu, which was on her team far longer than Starmie was. Misty's Staryu was also the subject of the controversial nude Pokemon card in Japan which might contribute to the issue. Regardless, there's no documented name for Misty and Staryu either as a generic or as her own specifically.

All of that is a long-winded way to say that I'd rather not have to add Adaman & Irida as JewelShipping if possible but it's ultimately up to the community and I can't exactly override them. There's just enough with Misty & Starmie that I'd really rather not trample it but not so much that I wouldn't add the duplicate if it became overwhelmingly common for Adaman & Irida.

Spoilers: Legends Arceus characters (Third area)
Does Iscan x Palina have a ship name? If not, I would like to propose StarCrossedLoversShipping
I highly appreciate you using Arceus spoilers and again I'll have to say that I'm giving Arceus pairings a good bit to settle.

Is there really no ship name for AshxKoko (movie)? I checked the list here & didn’t see it :( It’d be nice to have a name for it to not get mixed up with Ash x tapu koko xc

Anyways if somehow free, I’ve seen people use jungleShipping somewhere, though not surprisingly it’s taken. other names just in case: HomoTarJaneShipping (they are so similar to Tarzan x jane), OkoyaShipping (jungle that movie takes place), SoTJShipping (the movie acronym), or SecretJungleShipping.
I know, I’m so decisive /s

Some more Koko(movie) ships:
N(BW) x Koko: PKMNSpeakerShipping
Annabel x Koko: PKMNHeartShipping
Goh x Koko: Gen8SharedSpotlightShipping (they shared spotlight/screen time with Ash)
Koko x Zinnia: WildNCrazyShipping
& I think WildBoisShipping fits Tommy (kangaskhan kid) x Koko better.

Last edited:
EatFreshShipping - Grimsley & N (BW)

WHO WHO CALLED IT THIS MY FRIENDS LITERALLY CALL IT SUBWAYSHIPPING HELP
Does your friend happen to be giovannienjoyer? That's the person who named the pairing on page 9 of this thread.

I have no idea if we're out of the "Legends just came out" window yet but through observation I think some communities have figured out what they want their ships to be called? At least on Tumblr anyways, Twitter still seems confused honestly haha. I'm doing my best to find PL:A names but it's really hard with a generation of fans who half of them will look at the way we name ships and laugh/call it stupid.

Seems the citizens of Tumblr have nearly unanimously been tagging their Adaman/Irida content as ClanLeaderShipping so I think they kinda agreed on that one for the most part. The other one on Tumblr that seems to be at a point of agreeance is oddly, Adaman/Volo (y'know, the guys who I don't remember ever interacting once) where the fans have been commonly tagging content as AppraisalShipping. Leave it to the fans to name the nevermet with two bishounen men first and THEN the characters that have interacted, I guess. (I'm actually kinda impressed they managed to do that, actually...)

We're about a month after release so idk if this is spoilers anymore but I'm seeing very minimal usage for SecretSeaShipping for Iscan/Palina over on Twitter, very minimal as in there are like 10 tweets that pop up when you search it, half of which are from the same 2 people but users are claiming that's their name to people who ask so ??? I thought that was minimally interesting to note as Tumblr and other platforms haven't even bounced around a single name idea.

I have no idea if we're out of the "Legends just came out" window yet but through observation I think some communities have figured out what they want their ships to be called? At least on Tumblr anyways, Twitter still seems confused honestly haha. I'm doing my best to find PL:A names but it's really hard with a generation of fans who half of them will look at the way we name ships and laugh/call it stupid.

Seems the citizens of Tumblr have nearly unanimously been tagging their Adaman/Irida content as ClanLeaderShipping so I think they kinda agreed on that one for the most part. The other one on Tumblr that seems to be at a point of agreeance is oddly, Adaman/Volo (y'know, the guys who I don't remember ever interacting once) where the fans have been commonly tagging content as AppraisalShipping. Leave it to the fans to name the nevermet with two bishounen men first and THEN the characters that have interacted, I guess. (I'm actually kinda impressed they managed to do that, actually...)

We're about a month after release so idk if this is spoilers anymore but I'm seeing very minimal usage for SecretSeaShipping for Iscan/Palina over on Twitter, very minimal as in there are like 10 tweets that pop up when you search it, half of which are from the same 2 people but users are claiming that's their name to people who ask so ??? I thought that was minimally interesting to note as Tumblr and other platforms haven't even bounced around a single name idea.
Honestly "how long is long enough" is a very inexact science. I remember back in Gen 7 we made a point of having names polled on Serebii by launch which made some issues with people who weren't aware until afterwards, particularly those who actually wanted to see Ash's interactions with the girls in the anime. Then for Gen 8, we waited right around three weeks for the dust to settle and ended up having to change a few names that preempted their own communities, either because of a submission here or on Serebii, or because we went with a name on Tumblr that ended up not catching on. Right now I'm erring on the more conservative side, but I'll hope to have something concrete by April.

All of that said, thank you very much for monitoring names on Tumblr and Twitter! All of those reports are very helpful because it can be really difficult to get an accurate survey of the situation. There's just no central meeting place like in generations past. I do hope all of these names catch on, if only because they're all unused right now.

The whole situation with Iscan x Palina is honestly a great example of why I'm choosing to wait. Sometimes the very first name has a little bit of usage but it's abandoned by a larger group. Of course, who knows if that group will ever materialize at all and there's a limit to how long we can wait for them. If nothing ever comes of it, Iscan x Palina will probably be added as SecretSeaShipping.

On that note I've seen some pretty consistent use of AdamantOrbShipping for Adaman/Melli! I just wanted to get the word out on here as a record of the current name being used (at least on tumblr). It doesn't seem to be on the list yet either, as a bonus.

I'm back with a new shipment (heh) of names I've seen in circulation for the new game! These are all names that are seeing actual usage and not my own submissions I'm not creative enough to make a ship name anyways orz Shoutout to a user on Tumblr for making a post doing exactly what we're doing (compiling names they've see real world usage for) and making me aware of them!

For names I can definitely tell you there's real usage for, there's semi consistent usage of SurveyShipping for Professor Laventon/Cyllene (the Tumblr tag isn't completely barren or overtaken by one person type of consistent) so unless someone throws forth another name and the fans decide they like that one better than Survey, I think this one is gonna become THE name for them.

As necropyromancer noted, I've also seen sorta consistent usage of AdamantOrbShipping for Adaman/Melli (I was gonna make this post anyways today but they beat me to it haha I'm glad other people are looking for names too)! I love how the fans are working overtime to name only Adaman pairings for the most part haha. I've seen this name mentioned a couple times on Twitter as well.

There's been minimal usage of SkyFallenShipping for Rei/Akari going on, minimal as in the same three posts are on both Tumblr and Twitter with Tumblr having an additional fourth post but I haven't seen another name for them yet.

The Tumblr post of observed names mentioned a few other names that I couldn't find usage on (at least on Tumblr) so I'll refrain from mentioning them for now. They did mention some names popping up on AO3 so maybe I'll check there later on but that's about it for names I've seen with real usage! I don't think any of these mentioned names are on the list yet either, good job for doing your research beforehand ship namers!

I'm back with a new shipment (heh) of names I've seen in circulation for the new game! These are all names that are seeing actual usage and not my own submissions I'm not creative enough to make a ship name anyways orz Shoutout to a user on Tumblr for making a post doing exactly what we're doing (compiling names they've see real world usage for) and making me aware of them!

For names I can definitely tell you there's real usage for, there's semi consistent usage of SurveyShipping for Professor Laventon/Cyllene (the Tumblr tag isn't completely barren or overtaken by one person type of consistent) so unless someone throws forth another name and the fans decide they like that one better than Survey, I think this one is gonna become THE name for them.

As necropyromancer noted, I've also seen sorta consistent usage of AdamantOrbShipping for Adaman/Melli (I was gonna make this post anyways today but they beat me to it haha I'm glad other people are looking for names too)! I love how the fans are working overtime to name only Adaman pairings for the most part haha. I've seen this name mentioned a couple times on Twitter as well.

There's been minimal usage of SkyFallenShipping for Rei/Akari going on, minimal as in the same three posts are on both Tumblr and Twitter with Tumblr having an additional fourth post but I haven't seen another name for them yet.

The Tumblr post of observed names mentioned a few other names that I couldn't find usage on (at least on Tumblr) so I'll refrain from mentioning them for now. They did mention some names popping up on AO3 so maybe I'll check there later on but that's about it for names I've seen with real usage! I don't think any of these mentioned names are on the list yet either, good job for doing your research beforehand ship namers!
Thanks for working to confirm the veracity of these names! I know the type of list post you're talking about, I remember the same thing around when SWSH launched. Some of them are solid and some of them are wishful at best.

Just so you know, SurveyShipping is definitely at a point now where I'd be comfortable listing that name, as long as there aren't any others in the running. Once you're at five or ten distinct individuals, that's a larger community than at least 98% of the list. For some rarepairs it never gets much bigger than that. SkyFallenShipping isn't nearly as large as I'd like yet (especially as I anticipated this being one of the most popular) so I'd continue watching on that one. Thanks again for all the help!

Note to self: WhoNeedsAshShipping - Goh & Serena (XY)

ProjectMewShipping - Quillon & Danika

I feel like everyone is going to ship them. I mean, fair enough. There is ship material for these two.

I see some people shipping Melli and Ingo but haven't seen enough that seem to have come up with a name for them?
I'm proposing HighlandsWardenShipping

Some ships name either I made or ones I saw being used on tumble by various people...

CloudedPastShipping - Alain & Iris
DeductionShipping - Hugh & Emma
GlamourGirlShipping - Nessa & Valerie
KalosSidekickShipping - Trevor & Mairin
RadioPunkShipping - Piers & DJ Mary
RunningLateShipping - Cameron (Unova) & May
StageDanceShipping - Tierno & Miette
UnorthodoxResearchShipping - Professor Sycamore & Xerosic

Last edited:
HumanShipping - Brodie & N
GalaxyExpressShipping - Emmet & Zero
FyreFestivalShipping - Jimmy (Kalos) & Shamus
SkilletShipping - Everett & Kevin
AntHillShipping - Guzma & Roark
SevenSeasShipping - AZ (XY) & Wallace
DeckedShipping - Paul & Ronald
DourShipping - Paul & Wes
AncientMewShipping - Biruritchi & Lawrence III
SpiritLinkShipping - Alain & Lawrence III

Hello! Back again with a list of ships my friends and I have been entertaining the past couple of months. I scoured tumblr, twitter, and the masterlist as much as I could to check if these pairings and names were good to go, but let me know if some are used; I log my favorites and am always open to updating them.

AngeionShipping - Grimsley, Caitlin & Shauntal
BattlersCollectiveShipping - Grimsley, Marshal, Morty, Siebold, Volkner & Elesa
CamaronShipping - Eusine & Grimsley
DicotShipping - Grimsley, Marshal & Shauntal
DolmadeShipping - Grimsley, Karen & Shauntal
DolcettoShipping - Siebold & Gena
(note: Gena is a baker from the XY anime! I don't see too many ships with her but I adore her)
EmrysShipping - Grimsley & Lorelei
FuseboxShipping - Grimsley & Volkner
GrenacheShipping - Eusine, Grimsley, Siebold & Volkner
MacopomeShipping - Marshal & Siebold
MoscatoShipping - Grimsley, Nanu, Will, Karen & Shauntal
PinotNoirShipping - Grimsley, Nanu & Shauntal
SepalShipping - Marshal, Caitlin & Shauntal

As far as names from the community (with the Submas resurgence), there's been traction for some ships regarding the two. One that's been confusing a lot is ConductorShipping. It's listed as two different ships (Emmet & Elesa / Steven Stone & Elesa). I've seen history of Conductor as Emmet & Elesa on Tumblr and Twitter, but also on Twitter (largely due to big RP groups) I see Conductor more as Elesa and Steven Stone. Is there anything to do in terms of distinction for the two?

ConductorShipping - Steven Stone & Elesa / Emmet & Elesa

Also, many have begun adopting TrainwreckShipping for Emmet & Volo, but it is listed as Norman and May (though in my opinion, Emmet & Volo taking up that tag recently might be for the best). Not sure how the Legends logging has been going, but I wanted to inform about this.

For other logging, I have also seen PrivateVarnishShipping for Emmet & Lear. It's gaining popularity more on Twitter, and some hits on Tumblr as well.

I've noticed in the list, FallerShipping, LionheartShipping, TrainShipping are each listed as two ships. As of lately, I see Faller more used as Looker & Anabel (and from over the years).
With LionheartShipping, it's taking more reign with Leon & Sonia. And, TrainShipping with Hop & Victor (surprisingly??).

But, I would like to know if they are interchangeable ships in the same vein as some protag ships (and possibly ConductorShipping)!

FallerShipping - Anabel & Selene
FallerShipping - Looker & Anabel
LionheartShipping - Leon & Sonia
LionheartShipping - Pearl & Torahiko (Luxray)
TrainShipping - Emmet, Ingo & Marshal
TrainShipping - Hop & Victor

I don't know too much about how the list works, but I love knowing more! I'm so passionate about it, I advocate for it a lot, and I just enjoy archiving/researching in general. I'm doing what I can to help people out online with this, so I wanted to come here and ask for clarification. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
As far as names from the community (with the Submas resurgence), there's been traction for some ships regarding the two. One that's been confusing a lot is ConductorShipping. It's listed as two different ships (Emmet & Elesa / Steven Stone & Elesa). I've seen history of Conductor as Emmet & Elesa on Tumblr and Twitter, but also on Twitter (largely due to big RP groups) I see Conductor more as Elesa and Steven Stone. Is there anything to do in terms of distinction for the two?

Also, many have begun adopting TrainwreckShipping for Emmet & Volo, but it is listed as Norman and May (though in my opinion, Emmet & Volo taking up that tag recently might be for the best). Not sure how the Legends logging has been going, but I wanted to inform about this.

For other logging, I have also seen PrivateVarnishShipping for Emmet & Lear. It's gaining popularity more on Twitter, and some hits on Tumblr as well.

I've noticed in the list, FallerShipping, LionheartShipping, TrainShipping are each listed as two ships. As of lately, I see Faller more used as Looker & Anabel (and from over the years).
With LionheartShipping, it's taking more reign with Leon & Sonia. And, TrainShipping with Hop & Victor (surprisingly??).

But, I would like to know if they are interchangeable ships in the same vein as some protag ships (and possibly ConductorShipping)!

I don't know too much about how the list works, but I love knowing more! I'm so passionate about it, I advocate for it a lot, and I just enjoy archiving/researching in general. I'm doing what I can to help people out online with this, so I wanted to come here and ask for clarification. Thank you for your time.
ConductorShipping predates my involvement with the list (as a general rule, any duplicate that's separated with a backslash is before my time. I tend to add duplicates as completely separate entries). It's honestly hilarious that you ask because this exact issue was apparently a mistake about 11 years ago. Luna Tiger, the former list manager for several generations, asked the original namer, KK the Prophet, if they'd be willing to change the name in this profile post. KK then declined in this profile post, and that's how the duplicate was added. It seems Steven x Elesa was first to file, but Emmet x Elesa gained considerable real-world usage before the list was updated. This was an era where management was much more steadfast in submission decisions (Luna even said "I never try to find compromise in these situations") as it was an era where the list had a much larger influence. If this happened today, I'd probably take the same action and add both of them as was done and as I've done for other pairings. In any case, this was settled over eleven years ago, and while I doubt KK the Prophet would awake from their decade-long slumber if I made an alteration, I do tend to and want to respect the past precedent. Even if I did make a change, it wouldn't do much to persuade users on Twitter and Tumblr to act differently.

TrainwreckShipping as Norman x May dates to at least July 2005 and actually has a decent amount of usage, mostly disgust but 10 Serebii users apparently prefer it to SandstormShipping. In any case, the list has a lot of rather questionable and NSFW material on it, most of it from 15+ years ago before the former untouchables section was created. I don't plan to audit all of the names for appropriateness (in part because I don't want to imply any endorsement to whatever might remain), and in that same breath, nearly all of what's on the list is there because of its age and not because of any endorsement of the pairings.

In any case, it looks like Emmet x Volo has a significant amount of usage as TrainwreckShipping. I might allow this pairing to mature a bit more but chances look good that I'd call this another case of "nothing that can be done."

LionheartShipping and TrainShipping were both accepted early in Gen 8 when I just started managing the list after it had been dormant for most of Gen 7. Both of these pairings were named simply because it looked like the support was overwhelming. TrainShipping is honestly regrettable in hindsight because of how popular the subway boys have become, but with or without the duplicate, these issues would remain. FallerShipping is a bit more special because the pairing was previously accepted as ChiefShipping in one of the final Gen 7 updates (very early in Gen 7 at that) and the Faller name came to prominence later. My comments on the issue at the time are here and here, but the short version is that due to the very strong usage for Faller as Looker x Anabel, the duplicate would be added.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "interchangeable" but when a duplicate is added, it shouldn't necessarily be taken as something wrong with the original listing. Often it's due to an extenuating circumstance (often just a pragmatic decision that the list should represent the names used by the community, as it was originally intended) but previous names are kept if there was nothing improper with their submission. There is precedent for this (GeekChicShipping comes to mind) but I think it would be fair to say I've added duplicates more frequently than my predecessors. Whether that's for better or for worse is simple opinion.

Thank you very much for your questions! I'm happy people are interested in this process and in the list. It's very fun for me when I get to discuss it with someone.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your questions! I'm happy people are interested in this process and in the list. It's very fun for me when I get to discuss it with someone.

Thank you answering and including links! I really enjoy seeing parts of the list's history, things I might have missed, and messages I hadn't read, so thank you again for clearing this up for me.

By "interchangeable," I meant if it was known there were duplicates and these names could mean any of a name's listed ships, depending on the content being presented (like fics or art) which I believe you answered thoroughly so thank you! Like, I didn't know so now I do and for future reference. I wasn't intending for it come off like it was wrong or anything, so my apologies for any misunderstanding. I don't know the proper terms for many things, but I am learning!

I suspected that most of the overlap would be a 'nothing can be done' case, so it's nice to have confirmation in a way. It's difficult to argue with real world usage, in which it is good to consider.

In that case, I am wondering how changing names goes? Is the two updates rule still standing? I'd noticed that the ship name for N (BW) & Piers has usage under another name on Tumblr, MathRockShipping, for a while. Earliest ones I could find on Tumblr were August 2020 here and here. For Twitter, Tumblr is influencing its usage, but those came after I named it (two Twitter hits here and here). I originally named it ChoiceKingdomShipping back here in August 2021, so mistressdratha's Tumblr name definitely predates mine about a year. But, the situation is MathRock is listed as Conway & Roxie.

Would this just be another duplicate or left as is? There aren't many posts on Tumblr for the name, though it's still significant enough to recognize since most of the Tumblr usage is for N & Piers, and the people involved do have more influence. Any changes that might have to be made, I'm completely up for it. I know the community is definitely more than just those two sites and I do need to check the forums more, so please feel free to correct me on anything!

Thank you! And thank you for your patience with my many edits; I keep accidentally replying before I am done :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom