• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

Since S/V ships are now live, I can repost the only S/V shipping related I had posted back in November, but had removed due to the rule in place. I'm throwing in another S/V ship, for free. I'm making it a spoiler to differentiate it from al the PLA ships I've submitted lately since I came back.

GattiAmariShipping - Glameow & Sprigatito
SaturnGamingShipping - Saturn & Iono

Time to unleash my grand total of two lol

BluePepperShipping - Arven & Larry
ProteanShipping - Greninja & Meowscarada

Last edited:
I haven't found a ship name for them anywhere but also couldn't come up with one I liked, so thank you lol
If you don't mind, what's the reasoning behind this ship name? It's always fun to know the behind the scenes
It's simple, while "Bond" represents the great bond of friendship between the characters (Leon and Sonia are childhood friends, it is implied that Sonia and Raihan know each other well and Raihan and Leon are rivals), "Draconic" is an adjective related to dragons (Raihan's specialty).

Happy new year to everyone! SV pairings are now open for submission and I see some of you didn't wait long after the clock struck midnight lol

Collecting names with real-world usage is the first priority, and if anyone has any knowledge of these names, it will be greatly appreciated!

While not a rule (at least not specific to this thread; any Bulbagarden rules obviously supersede this), I will ask that people please use spoiler tags for SV pairings especially if the names or characters contain any spoilers, as a courtesy to those who haven't finished the games.

Finally, I do want to stress that while submissions (and thus first-to-file claims) are now open, acceptances are a completely different matter, and some/all SV submissions may be deferred to future updates while everything is sorted out. Thank you to everyone for your patience!

Happy new year to everyone! SV pairings are now open for submission and I see some of you didn't wait long after the clock struck midnight lol

Collecting names with real-world usage is the first priority, and if anyone has any knowledge of these names, it will be greatly appreciated!

While not a rule (at least not specific to this thread; any Bulbagarden rules obviously supersede this), I will ask that people please use spoiler tags for SV pairings especially if the names or characters contain any spoilers, as a courtesy to those who haven't finished the games.

Finally, I do want to stress that while submissions (and thus first-to-file claims) are now open, acceptances are a completely different matter, and some/all SV submissions may be deferred to future updates while everything is sorted out. Thank you to everyone for your patience!
Quagsire & Clodsire = Derpyshipping

Some more SV ships!

DigitalFlareShipping - Giacomo & Mela
JockSandwichShipping - Dendra & Miriam (I believe I've seen it more used than HealthySandwichShipping)
OperationShipping - Florian & Penny
SeniorRivalShipping - Arven & Nemona
VanillaCupcakeShipping - Larry & Katy

BaronRojoShipping - Giacomo & Roxie

I can't believe I found a shipping name that's so perfect for this pair.

Hi! There are some people who use LighthouseShipping for Arven & Florian in Tumblr

AppleCrumbleShipping - Florian & Mela
TarteTatinShipping - Juliana & Mela

Last edited:
i am here with ship names from tumblr! ive been spending awhile looking through tags and searches looking for names, and though theres always more to find, I think its time i post what I've found so far here.
these were mostly found through tumblrs (somewhat faulty) tag system and (equally as faulty) search system, so ofc there will be things missed. ill add about how much stuff is in their tags for a sense of how common they are relative to each other
(i dont know how to do the little collapsible spoiler box thingies, really sorry for the length)

names that were fairly common (there wasnt much):
EphemeralArtShipping - Brassius & Hassel (about 20 pages of content in the tag)
LakeHouseShipping - Turo & Sada (about 11 pages of content in the tag)
PlainDoughnutShipping - Larry & Saguaro (only about 3 pages of content in the tag, but by a variety of people. one of the more widespread names)
VanillaCupcakeShipping - Larry & Katy (about 3 pages, same as plaindoughnut)

names that were less common (usually under 2 pages of stuff in the tags)
EloquentRemixShipping - Atticus & Giacomo (just over 2 pages of content by 2 people, though theres some engagement in the form of asks and stuff from others)
PermaFrostShipping - Grusha & Rika (over a page of content by a variety of people)
SnowyStreamerShipping - Grusha & Iono (a few posts by 2 people)
StarfallShipping - Juliana & Penny (over a page of content by a variety of people. there is also a single person using GoldStarShipping)
TimeMixShipping - Arven & Giacomo (just under a page of content by a few different people)
ZeroShipping - Clavell & Turo (just under a page of content by a few different people)

then some ships names i found only a single person using. theres sometimes one or two more people that ship the pairing, but not much
AITrainShipping - Emmet & Turo (considering the name, its likely ai turo)
AncientFlowerShipping - Oleana & Sada
BakingStreamShipping - Iono & Katy
BlueChiliShipping - Larry & Rika
BrownSugarShipping - Katy & Rika
CharmQuarkShipping - Elesa & Iono
(same person also coined StrangeQuarkShipping for a queerplatonic version of the ship, though im not sure if this list differentiates between those kinds of names)
ConstellationShipping - Atticus, Giacomo, Ortega, Eri, Mela & Penny
CopierShipping - Larry & Nanu
ShockingBusinessShipping - Larry & Iono
TechnoWizardShipping - Ortega & Penny
TerminologyShipping - Jacq & Salvatore

then some names that ive found, each i only found used by one person, but the ships themselves are much more common than that. including these names anyway since theyre all i could find, also including relative popularity of the ship itself
BossBattleShipping - Nemona & Penny (relatively common ship)
ESPShipping - Dendra & Tulip (hard to find content as its mostly untagged but theres a fair amount)
EyebagShipping - Brassius, Hassel & Larry (the ship itself is actually fairly common but most of the posts are just tagged with brassius/hassel)
FightSquadShipping - Carmen & Eri (ive seen maybe a dozen people shipping this. carmen is a prominent team star grunt from eris base in case anyones forgotten)
LaTierraShipping - Geeta & Rika (seen shipped by at least a dozen people)
NurseHistoryShipping - Miriam & Raifort (not a very common ship but im including it here anyway since a rather popular blogger has been posting content of them so a bigger community might end up coming about)

then finally some ships that i found a variety of names for but all seemed to have about equal (if small) usage, making it hard to place which will be the more common one
Arven & Juliana - HerbaMysticaShipping, PicnicShipping & SandwichShipping (all used by a few different people, under a page of content each)
Arven & Nemona - PaldeaShipping, PrimeraMysticaShipping & SeniorRivalShipping (ive heard paldeashipping is more common on twitter but i havent checked myself)
Atticus & Penny - NaviStarShipping, SewnEeveeShipping & StealthModeShipping (seen these suggested here and there, but not really used yet)
Dendra & Miriam - HealthyBattleShipping, HealthySandwichShipping & JockSandwichShipping (each used by one person, though the ship is definitely more common than that)
Eri & Mela - EstrellaShipping & FlarePunchShipping (used by one person each, though the ship itself is more common)
Giacomo & Penny - ChiptuneShipping & SeginStarShipping (used by one person each. actually saw chiptune on ao3, not tumblr)
Grusha & Jacq - FoggyGlassesShipping, GlaciologyShipping & SnowScienceShipping (all these were suggested in the notes of one post and im not sure if a decision was come to)
Hassel & Larry - CompassShipping, NormcoreShipping, RoostShipping & WorkDayShipping (each used by one person. somewhat common of a ship)
Jacq & Larry - MixMatchSuitsShipping & RegularNameShipping (used by one person each)
Jacq & Professor Willow - CoinedShipping, OurpleShipping & PostcardShipping (all thrown around in the notes of a single post, doesnt seem a consensus was come to)
Mela & Nemona - ChaosBattleShipping & FruitfulHarvestShipping (used by one person each)
Ortega & Eri - ValientShipping & ValiantShipping (used by one person each. seems one missspelled it, but i dont know which)
Raifort & Sada - PreservedPastShipping & TragicHistoryShipping (used by one person each)
Raihan & Iono - InfluencerShipping, SocialShipping & StreamerShipping (only saw these used by one person, but i can assume since theyre using three different names that they were coined elsewhere that i didnt find)

and not scarlet/violet, but another name i found while looking
PicnicShipping - Leon, Milo, Piers & Raihan (used by one person)

surprisingly, im pretty sure the only one of these characters who shares a name with any other characters already on the list is rika. unsurprisingly, i am referring to the scarlet and violet character.

there was a lot of names i dug up this time, a lot being very rarely used, but i included them in part just so i can look back on this list in a few months time and check where things are at on tumblr. sorry for how long and wordy and messy this is (or your welcome, if thats what youre looking for!). theres still more i want to look into (like the protagonist and rival ships, or more of the teachers), but ill leave that for another time

Last edited:
i am here with ship names from tumblr! ive been spending awhile looking through tags and searches looking for names, and though though theres always more to find, I think its time i post what I've found so far here.
these were mostly found through tumblrs (somewhat faulty) tag system and (equally as faulty) search system, so ofc there will be things missed. ill add about how much stuff is in their tags for a sense of how common they are relative to each other
(i dont know how to do the little collapsible spoiler box thingies, really sorry for the length)

names that were fairly common (there wasnt much):
EphemeralArtShipping - Brassius & Hassel (about 20 pages of content in the tag)
LakeHouseShipping - Turo & Sada (about 11 pages of content in the tag)
PlainDoughnutShipping - Larry & Saguaro (only about 3 pages of content in the tag, but by a variety of people. one of the more widespread names)
VanillaCupcakeShipping - Larry & Katy (about 3 pages, same as plaindoughnut)

names that were less common (usually under 2 pages of stuff in the tags)
EloquentRemixShipping - Atticus & Giacomo (just over 2 pages of content by 2 people, though theres some engagement in the form of asks and stuff from others)
PermaFrostShipping - Grusha & Rika (over a page of content by a variety of people)
SnowyStreamerShipping - Grusha & Iono (a few posts by 2 people)
StarfallShipping - Juliana & Penny (over a page of content by a variety of people. there is also a single person using GoldStarShipping)
TimeMixShipping - Arven & Giacomo (just under a page of content by a few different people)
ZeroShipping - Clavell & Turo (just under a page of content by a few different people)

then some ships names i found only a single person using. theres sometimes one or two more people that ship the pairing, but not much
AITrainShipping - Emmet & Turo (considering the name, its likely ai turo)
AncientFlowerShipping - Oleana & Sada
BakingStreamShipping - Iono & Katy
BlueChiliShipping - Larry & Rika
BrownSugarShipping - Katy & Rika
CharmQuarkShipping - Elesa & Iono
(same person also coined StrangeQuarkShipping for a queerplatonic version of the ship, though im not sure if this list differentiates between those kinds of names)
ConstellationShipping - Atticus, Giacomo, Ortega, Eri, Mela & Penny
CopierShipping - Larry & Nanu
ShockingBusinessShipping - Larry & Iono
TechnoWizardShipping - Ortega & Penny
TerminologyShipping - Jacq & Salvatore

then some names that ive found, one i only found used by one person, but the ships themselves are much more common than that. including these names anyway since theyre all i could find, also including relative popularity of the ship itself
BossBattleShipping - Nemona & Penny (relatively common ship)
ESPShipping - Dendra & Tulip (hard to find content as its mostly untagged but theres a fair amount)
EyebagShipping - Brassius, Hassel & Larry (the ship itself is actually fairly common but most of the posts are just tagged with brassius/hassel)
FightSquadShipping - Carmen & Eri (ive seen maybe a dozen people shipping this. carmen is a prominent team star grunt from eris base in case anyones forgotten)
LaTierraShipping - Geeta & Rika (seen shipped by at least a dozen)
NurseHistoryShipping - Miriam & Raifort (not a very common ship but im including it here anyway since a rather popular blogger has been posting content of them so a bigger community might end up coming about)

then finally some ships that i found a variety of names for but all seemed to have about equal (if small) usage, making it hard to place which will be the more common one
Arven & Juliana - HerbaMysticaShipping, PicnicShipping & SandwichShipping (all used by a few different people, under a page of content each)
Arven & Nemona - PaldeaShipping, PrimeraMysticaShipping & SeniorRivalShipping (ive heard paldeashipping is more common on twitter but i havent checked myself)
Atticus & Penny - NaviStarShipping, SewnEeveeShipping & StealthModeShipping (seen these suggested here and there, but not really used yet)
Dendra & Miriam - HealthyBattleShipping, HealthySandwichShipping & JockSandwichShipping (each used by one person, though the ship is definitely more common than that)
Eri & Mela - EstrellaShipping & FlarePunchShipping (used by one person each, though the ship itself is more common)
Giacomo & Penny - ChiptuneShipping & SeginStarShipping (used by one person each. actually saw chiptune on ao3, not tumblr)
Grusha & Jacq - FoggyGlassesShipping, GlaciologyShipping & SnowScienceShipping (all these were suggested in the notes of one post and im not sure if they decided on one)
Hassel & Larry - CompassShipping, NormcoreShipping, RoostShipping & WorkDayShipping (each used by one person. somewhat common of a ship)
Jacq & Larry - MixMatchSuitsShipping & RegularNameShipping (used by one person each)
Jacq & Professor Willow - CoinedShipping, OurpleShipping & PostcardShipping (all thrown around in the notes of a single post, doesnt seem a consensus was come to)
Mela & Nemona - ChaosBattleShipping & FruitfulHarvestShipping (used by one person each)
Ortega & Eri - ValientShipping & ValiantShipping (used by one person each. seems one missspelled it, but i dont know which)
Raifort & Sada - PreservedPastShipping & TragicHistoryShipping (used by one person each)
Raihan & Iono - InfluencerShipping, SocialShipping & StreamerShipping (only saw these used by one person, but i can assume since theyre using three different names that they were coined elsewhere that i didnt find)

and not scarlet/violet, but another name i found while looking
PicnicShipping - Leon, Milo, Piers & Raihan (used by one person)

surprisingly, im pretty sure the only one of these characters who shares a name with any other characters already on the list is rika. unsurprisingly, i am referring to the scarlet and violet character.

there was a lot of names i dug up this time, a lot being very rarely used, but i included them in part just so i can look back on this list in a few months time and check where things are at on tumblr. sorry for how long and wordy and messy this is (or your welcome, if thats what youre looking for!). theres still more i want to look into (like the protagonist and rival ships, or more of the teachers), but ill leave that for another time
this is the single greatest post in this thread. pack it in boys, it's over.

No but seriously, this list is so insanely helpful. I can't even begin to explain. This is literally dozens of real world names that I doubt we would've had otherwise. I can't imagine I would've found all of them myself. Thank you so much!

That list had me sweating a bit, but thankfully none of the S/V ships I named are taken (yet).

these were mostly found through tumblrs (somewhat faulty) tag system and (equally as faulty) search system

Yeah... And faulty it really is when you try to look for important stuff like shipping names, and sometimes you get questionable content, to put it mildly. I'm hoping you didn't find any of that D:

PaldeaShipping - Florian & Juliana

Fairly sure this one ship has already been named before, but I'll try my luck.

Hi I'm the one who came up with lakehouseshipping for Sada/Turo if yall need an explanation I made a whole video lol

I'm also here to suggest perillashipping for Arven/Atticus that one has a MUCH simpler explination

Perilla is a type of Mint that is Poisonous

If nothing has been decided yet, then...

EphemeralArtshipping: Hassel & Brassius

HerbaMysticashipping: Arven & Juliana

Paldeashipping: Arven & Nemona

GreatestTreasureshipping: Florian & Juliana

LakeHouseshipping: Turo & Sada

WonderGendershipping: Grusha & Rika

Tuldrashipping: Kendra & Tulip (AKA as PsychicFightershipping)

NaviStarShipping: Atticus & Penny

SeginStarshipping: Giacomo & Penny

Perillashipping: Arven & Atticus

Giarvenshipping: Arven & Giacomo

RuchbahStarshipping: Ortega & Penny (?)

CaphStarshipping: Eri & Penny

SchedarStarshipping: Mela & Penny

FairyPoisonshipping: Atticus & Ortega

FightyFireshipping: Mela & Eri

Miraifortshipping: Raifort & Miriam

Mirdrashipping: Kendra & Miriam

LavenderWivesshipping: Miriam & Kendra & Tulip (?)

Some few of these are already used in Shipping Wiki, I don't know if it's gonna facility things:
1673063443913.png
1673062698255.png
1673063638864.png
1673063660518.png

Happy New Year btw <3

Attachments

• 1673062176621.png
    1673062176621.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 1673062198751.png
    1673062198751.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 1673062467209.png
    1673062467209.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 1673062712957.png
    1673062712957.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hi I'm the one who came up with lakehouseshipping for Sada/Turo if yall need an explanation I made a whole video lol

I'm also here to suggest perillashipping for Arven/Atticus that one has a MUCH simpler explination

Perilla is a type of Mint that is Poisonous
We don't technically need explanations for shipping names but I bet there will be someone searching for it someday who will definitely appreciate it. Nothing is official until an update, but given that 3 people have independently brought this name to me now and there seems to be quite a bit of content for it, I feel confident that LakehouseShipping is going to be added.

PerillaShipping is actually already in use (and LakehouseShipping isn't, believe it or not), is there a different name that you'd like for it?

We don't technically need explanations for shipping names but I bet there will be someone searching for it someday who will definitely appreciate it. Nothing is official until an update, but given that 3 people have independently brought this name to me now and there seems to be quite a bit of content for it, I feel confident that LakehouseShipping is going to be added.

PerillaShipping is actually already in use (and LakehouseShipping isn't, believe it or not), is there a different name that you'd like for it?
by FIint x... WaIIy? LMAOOOO

But after thinking about how the meaning of Perilla is a type of "Poisonous Mint" and how this actually works like something to reference these two characters from Paldea, together with considering how there are a lot of ships with a some especific "words in common"...

What about a little variation here? Instead of "Perillashipping" only, let's turn the Paldean one into "Aperillashipping" (?) Short, I know, but the "A" could be a reference to how the names of these two characters start with the same letter (?) Plus, it can be read like a little sentence: <A perilla (is a poisonous mint)> and can be translated into spanish like <Una perilla (es una menta venenosa)> because "Perilla" sounds the same in english and spanish

But after thinking about how the meaning of Perilla is a type of "Poisonous Mint" and how this actually works like something to reference these two characters from Paldea, together with considering how there are a lot of ships with a some especific "words in common"...

What about a little variation here? Instead of "Perillashipping" only, let's turn the Paldean one into "Aperillashipping" (?) Short, I know, but the "A" could be a reference to how the names of these two characters start with the same letter (?) Plus, it can be read like a little sentence: <A perilla (is a poisonous mint)> and can be translated into spanish like <Una perilla (es una menta venenosa)> because "Perilla" sounds the same in english and spanish
I second Aperilla

I second Aperilla
I'd generally shy away from minor/one letter variations to get around a listing, but I think the risk of confusion is pretty low in this case, especially if you want to stylize it as AperillaShipping instead of APerillaShipping. I'll also mention UnaPerillaShipping as an option too, if you like that one more.

Back
Top Bottom