• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

I'd generally shy away from minor/one letter variations to get around a listing, but I think the risk of confusion is pretty low in this case, especially if you want to stylize it as AperillaShipping instead of APerillaShipping. I'll also mention UnaPerillaShipping as an option too, if you like that one more.
I've discovered a pretty precise hidden meaning in the English version (Aperillashipping) because, in Spanish, "Apertura" ("Opening up") is something both Arven and Atticus learned to do around the end of the game.

Arven for opening up about his problems and other personal issues with his friends in Area Zero, and Atticus for opening his heart to the possibility of having a treasure/friendship outside of Team Star members.

The "Apertura" of their hearts was something that melt my heart <3

And considering that Florian is pretty underrated (even ignored) for the moments, let's see some suggestions for shippings involving him:

LegendsPathshipping: Arven & Florian

Takaramonoshipping: Nemona & Florian

StarDanshipping: Florian & Penny

Last edited:
Get ready for the single greatest ship name of all time, folks:

JellyDonutShipping - Brock & Larry

In all seriousness, though--here are some names I've come up with (just cross-gen for now, since Gen IX seems to be covered for the most part):

HellaCashMoneyShipping - Gholdengo & Meowth
SufferingArtistShipping - Brassius & Piers
LanguageShipping - Salvatore & Bellis (Pokemon Masters)
HomeBodyShipping - Saguaro & Sawyer (Pokemon Masters)
CutiePatootShipping - Iono & Rachel (Pokemon Masters)
GeniusStreamerShipping - Clemont & Iono
AbstractArtShipping - Brassius & Burgh
StaraptorShipping - Darach & Larry
DraconicArtShipping - Drayden & Hassel
DirectingChairShipping - Clavell & Rose
InsidiousFlameShipping - Malva & Mela
HairyCrabShipping - Hala & Kofu
HeadbangShipping - Marnie & Mela
FoodSculptureShipping - Brassius & Siebold
FarmersMarketShipping - Brassius & Milo
OssanShipping - Kabu & Larry
PepperedBeetShipping - Arven & Bede
PunkRapShipping - Piers & Ryme
CloudySpecsShipping - Bianca & Penny
SchoolyardSmackdownShipping - Bea & Dendra
RotomAppShipping - Jacq & Raihan
RemixGambitShipping - Giacomo & Grimsley

That list had me sweating a bit, but thankfully none of the S/V ships I named are taken (yet).

Yeah... And faulty it really is when you try to look for important stuff like shipping names, and sometimes you get questionable content, to put it mildly. I'm hoping you didn't find any of that D:

PaldeaShipping - Florian & Juliana

Fairly sure this one ship has already been named before, but I'll try my luck.
I've seen a bunch of Twitter activity wherein PaldeaShipping is being referred to the ship between Arven & Nemona.

If nothing has been decided yet, then...

EphemeralArtshipping: Hassel & Brassius

HerbaMysticashipping: Arven & Juliana

Paldeashipping: Arven & Nemona

GreatestTreasureshipping: Florian & Juliana

LakeHouseshipping: Turo & Sada

WonderGendershipping: Grusha & Rika

Tuldrashipping: Kendra & Tulip (AKA as PsychicFightershipping)

NaviStarShipping: Atticus & Penny

SeginStarshipping: Giacomo & Penny

Perillashipping: Arven & Atticus

Giarvenshipping: Arven & Giacomo

RuchbahStarshipping: Ortega & Penny (?)

CaphStarshipping: Eri & Penny

SchedarStarshipping: Mela & Penny

FairyPoisonshipping: Atticus & Ortega

FightyFireshipping: Mela & Eri

Miraifortshipping: Raifort & Miriam

Mirdrashipping: Kendra & Miriam

LavenderWivesshipping: Miriam & Kendra & Tulip (?)

Some few of these are already used in Shipping Wiki, I don't know if it's gonna facility things:

Happy New Year btw <3
Well, it's been quite some time since Pokémon Scarlet and Violet have been released, and it seems that even the Shipping Wiki (Fandom) agrees that PaldeaShipping refers to Arven and Nemona. Meanwhile, GreatestTreasureShipping has been recognised as the ship between Florian and Juliana, courtesy of Twitter posts coming from a few active supporters of this ship.

So yes, I would like to redo my ship name submission...

PaldeaShipping - Arven & Nemona
GreatestTreasureShipping - Florian & Juliana
LakehouseShipping - Professor Turo & Professor Sada

DynameisterShipping - Henry Sword & Casey Shield
Note: I actually also considered LegionnaireShipping as an alternative name in this PokéSPE ship, but it seems that there is already LegionShipping on the shipping list, so I guess I decided to go with the other name I proposed so as to avoid potential confusion.

Last edited:
I'd generally shy away from minor/one letter variations to get around a listing, but I think the risk of confusion is pretty low in this case, especially if you want to stylize it as AperillaShipping instead of APerillaShipping. I'll also mention UnaPerillaShipping as an option too, if you like that one more.
I vastly perfer Aperilla over UnaPerilla but if the tiny change is really such a problem I'm willing to go with Apertura instead unless thats too similar to Apatura that I see on the list wheeeze

I vastly perfer Aperilla over UnaPerilla but if the tiny change is really such a problem I'm willing to go with Apertura instead unless thats too similar to Apatura that I see on the list wheeeze
I keep leaning for Aperillashipping because this has more than one meaning behind, specially if it was said how <<the risk of confusion is pretty low, especially if it's stylized as "Aperilla" instead of "APerilla">>

I could also like to support some suggestions for specific ships from the last games or one from the current PokéSpe arc:

LetsgopeShipping: Chase & Elaine

BrownishShipping: Trace & Elaine

BackantoShipping: Trace & Chase

DynameisterShipping - Henry Sword & Casey Shield

GloryWinnerShipping: Victor & Gloria

HopePiersShipping: Piers & Hop (?)

SkyFallenShipping: Rei & Akari

ClanLeaderShipping: Adaman & Irida

NemopenShipping: Nemona & Penny

AreaZeroShipping: Arven, Nemona, Penny & Florian/Juliana (?)

LegendsPathShipping: Florian & Arven

VictoryPathShipping: Nemona & Juliana

TakaramonoShipping: Florian & Nemona

Stardanshipping: Florian & Penny

StarfallShipping: Juliana & Penny

HerbaMysticashipping: Juliana & Arven

SuperChampionShipping: Nemona & Geeta

DelicatesesShipping: Saguaro & Katy

SaguadraShipping: Saguaro & Kendra

WelcomeCupShipping: Clavell & Juliana/Florian's Mom (?)

ScarVioShipping: IA Turo & IA Sada (?)

Medalishipping: Larry & Treasure Eatery Chef (?)

Some suggestions for un-named or unknown ships, at least for the moments:

LézardsShipping: Sawyer & Trevor

Chaserstyleshipping: Quillon x Danika

TimelessPromiseShipping: Goh & Horace

MewProjectShipping: Goh & Gary Oak

Clegohshipping: Clemont & Goh

DoraHuntShipping: Goh & Iris

LumiéreVerteShipping: Serena & Chloe (also known as GreenlightShipping)

IceBloomShipping: Chloe & Regina

SaikouShipping: Korrina & Bea

OsananajimiShipping: Chloe, Goh & Horace (?)

SeaintellectShipping: Goh & Misty

NorthernSpringShipping: Regina & Soleil (?)

And the last ones for today:

CrystaICaveShipping: Trace & Green

GrelaineShipping: Green & Elaine

Last edited:
Well, it's been quite some time since Pokémon Scarlet and Violet have been released, and it seems that even the Shipping Wiki (Fandom) agrees that PaldeaShipping refers to Arven and Nemona. Meanwhile, GreatestTreasureShipping has been recognised as the ship between Florian and Juliana, courtesy of Twitter posts coming from a few active supporters of this ship.
The Shipping Wiki isn't generally something I use as an authoritative source (actual activity on sites like Tumblr and Twitter are far more important) but I'll have a look at their discussion pages to see if they raised any strong evidence for it. Sometimes they list the most popular names for a pairing and sometimes, especially early in a generation like this, someone lists one name while another one becomes far more popular.

Edit, after I investigated this a little further: PaldeaShipping is going to be closely monitored but it looks like Arven x Nemona is indeed the most popular pairing for the name at the moment. GreatestTreasureShipping, however, seems to only be used by the submitter and one or two other people right now. This pairing and name will be monitored for growth as all submissions are at the start of a generation, but it seems very unlikely to me that the most popular name for a protagonist ship would only have two or three users at this point.

I think we'll be able to keep it as Aperilla then. The confusion should be pretty minimal.

Last edited:
No ship submissions from me this time around, but I just wanted to say I'm happy to see this much activity in this thread. Back in October, I thought of coming back to the forums and noticed how the discussions in this part of Bulbagarden were somewhat limited. I don't know if me submitting tons of PLA ships here helped in the surge of activity, but I'm happy for how things are turning out now. :D

not scarlet/violet, but i came across another ship name in the wild

LochNessShipping - Raihan & Nessa

seems fairly common on tumblr, and its used at least somewhat on twitter. the name is also already taken on the list though

not scarlet/violet, but i came across another ship name in the wild

LochNessShipping - Raihan & Nessa

seems fairly common on tumblr, and its used at least somewhat on twitter. the name is also already taken on the list though
This one has kind of a funny history. It was actually submitted on Serebii all the way back in December 2019, and rejected in the update a few days later because of the conflict and minimal usage. I still believe that was the correct decision at the time in 2019, but there does seem to have been a lot of growth since then. I'll revisit the issue in the next update.

I have noticed that there are two names for the Leon/Raihan pairing on the list
That's embarrassing lol, thanks for pointing this out! It looks like OutcomeShipping was mistakenly accepted prior to the SWSH update and the conflict wasn't noticed later. There are a few different ways to handle this (submission times, community usage) but all of them end with TrueRivalShipping staying on the list. Perhaps OutcomeShipping will be moved to a future untouchables list as an alternative, but I don't think it'll remain on the main list.

FightClubShipping - Marshal & Dendra
WingChunShipping - Dendra & Tulip

submitting some names of my own, mostly based off masters

DistressedFashionShipping - Gladion & Serena
GoldenRayedShipping - Ethan (game) & Lillie
GothFashionShipping - Furisode Girl Kali & Helena (masters)
LabCapeShipping - Lance & Professor Sycamore
PitchBlackShipping - Hilbert & Marnie
PokedexHelperShipping - Trevor & Dawn
RevelInRivalryShipping - Bede, Hugh & Wally
StylishSelfieShipping - Furisode Girl Kali & Naomi (Masters)

here to submit a whopping three ship names i came up with!

SyncEvolutionShipping - Professor Bellis (Masters) & Professor Sycamore
CruelPoisonShipping - Grimsley & Rika
SugarChefShipping - Katy & Siebold

Back again with some PLA ships, this time featuring Zeke & Wanda, the brother and sister from the "Gone Astray..." missions.

LostButSeekingShipping - Rei & Wanda (PLA)
MichkaShipping - Zeke & Akari
PainPerduShipping - Beni & Wanda (PLA)
SensooToKeiwaShipping - Arezu & Wanda (PLA)
ZekShipping - Zeke & Zekrom

There's a "(PLA)" tag because there is another Wanda existing, in this case it's Wally's cousin from Verdanturf Town.

EDIT : Gonna add some S/V ships I thought of earlier.

DoloreanShipping - Ortega & Valerie
Gangsta'sParadiseShipping - Giacomo & Plumeria
SedokaShipping - Atticus & Janine
TheTimeIsNowShipping - Brawly & Eri
VolcanoBakemeatShipping - Kiawe & Mela

Last edited:
Despite having been in this fandom for a long time I just realized that I have never named a ship lol. How do you even name a ship?

Does Ingo x Anthe have a name? I have a head canon that she patches his torn coat and he decides to stay with her in Hisui, which results in a bittersweet ending for Emmet as his brother won't return.

TrainCemeteryshipping? Or maybe AbandonedRailwayshipping?

Despite having been in this fandom for a long time I just realized that I have never named a ship lol. How do you even name a ship?

Does Ingo x Anthe have a name? I have a head canon that she patches his torn coat and he decides to stay with her in Hisui, which results in a bittersweet ending for Emmet as his brother won't return.

TrainCemeteryshipping? Or maybe AbandonedRailwayshipping?
This is indeed how you name a ship lol. PLA names are still a work in progress, but assuming this pairing hasn't already been named, you're free to name it. Both of those names seem free as well. If it is free, which name would you like?

This is indeed how you name a ship lol. PLA names are still a work in progress, but assuming this pairing hasn't already been named, you're free to name it. Both of those names seem free as well. If it is free, which name would you like?
I think I will go with TrainCemeteryshipping since it has the feeling of something that is long gone. I like the other name as well since it has a nostalgic feeling to it but I think this one feels more like a poignant reminder of the passing of time.

New Year, new rarepairs

MysteriousStoneShipping - Geeta & Steven
AegisRockShipping - Byron & Ariana (AegisReflectorShipping is listed as Ariana & Bastiodon so... Aegis something)
TheologyShipping - Volo & Wallace

Back
Top Bottom