• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

and btw, how do you submit ship names? is there like a format for your post you have to do to make them legit submissions?
Just drop them in this thread! You can submit just one or as many as you want in a single post.
As for format, you could just copy the format used on the list to make things easier for the manager when it comes time to update it. In your case it'd be:

AliceinFreezerShipping - Kofu & Wulfric

But as long as you make it clear you're making a submission, it should be perfectly fine. :thumbsup:

i know we're now allowed to submit SV shipping names, but what's the policy for DLC ships? just because i was thinking of coming up with some ideas since most of these ships don't have names yet

Just drop them in this thread! You can submit just one or as many as you want in a single post.
As for format, you could just copy the format used on the list to make things easier for the manager when it comes time to update it. In your case it'd be:

AliceinFreezerShipping - Kofu & Wulfric

But as long as you make it clear you're making a submission, it should be perfectly fine. :thumbsup:
okie! though i guess you've done it for me nyow haha

Here's a couple of mine... I assume because the front page date asks we not name SV ships until "after January 1st, 2023" that we are permitted to now in October of 2023? Listed in alphabetical order to help...

AuraAuditionShipping - Diantha & Riley
BulliedShipping - Sophocles & Eri
BusinessClassShipping - Clay & Burgh
CentralShipping - Kiyo (Karate King) & Erika
CountrysideShipping - Dana & Hayley
CutePolicyShipping - Chase (LGPE) & Misty
ExhaustShipping - Giacomo & Mela
FashionRebelShipping - Sidney & Malva
FreshTakeShipping - Cilan & Alexa (XY)
GiftedKidShipping - Dexio, Sina, & Ilima
HonorAmongThievesShipping - Silver (game) & Zinnia
HotBoySummerShipping - Gordie & Marlon
IncompleteShipping - Cyrus & Brigette
ReformedShipping - Eldes & Faba
LackeyShipping - Ein & Dakim
LeftBehindShipping - Mira & Jovi
MajordomoShipping - Darach & Fantina
MechanicalDollShipping - Jupiter & Aliana
NinjaStarShipping - Ortega & Atticus
OptimalShipping - Thorton & Lovrina
PaintedZebraShipping - Piers & Mars
PerformanceTestShipping - Juan & Argenta
PoisonPalletShipping - Trace (LGPE) & Janine
PoliteAsPieShipping - Garret & Milo
PowderedSugarShipping - Bea & Katy
RazzleDazzleShipping - Razell (Colosseum) & Dazell (Colosseum)
ReformedShipping - Eldes & Faba
ScaldingTeaShipping
- Hilbert & Cress
SingleDoubleShipping - Michael & Nita
StarStreamerShipping - Curtis & Iono
SugarpalmShipping - Palmer & Roseanne
ThickGlassesShipping - Molayne & Jacq
VanGoghShipping - Brassius & Olympia
WrestlerShipping - Crasher Wake & Arley
YoungTalentShipping - Liza & Poppy

Last edited:
Thanks!

I updated my list with my full ships now that aren't already included or named by I am just sitting here's post.

I also noticed UltraSpaceShipping (x) (x) isn't on the list, it seems to be equally, if not more, popular than the MeanBeanShipping listed (most tumblr posts in MeanBeanShipping are also tagged UltraSpaceShipping, there are no results through Spotify playlists nor through AO3).... They're both Mohn & Lusamine ships. Is it possible ships can have 2 names? I am unfamiliar with fandom regular consideration there. I had known it as UltraSpaceShipping since SM released and only looking at this list did I realize it had an entirely different tag dedicated to it. UltraSpaceShipping has also never been claimed for anything else except Mohn & Lusamine... thanks!

Last edited:
SmeltShipping - Kabu & Peony
CaptivePrinceShipping - Looker & Shielbert

(both of these were come up w by friends who don't use the forums rather than myself, so i'm submitting them for them)

soo i just scanned through this thread an i didnt see any ship names for carmine & nemona, which i frankly consider a crime personally (im joking its fine theyre not really a super big ship i completely understand). so! i figured id mention that people shipping them on tumblr, though there arent that many, seem to be using the name FruitfulBattleShipping! im also pretty sure this name isnt currently taken by any other ships, so it should be fine!

Roxie/Marnie? If so, which sounds better:
PlatformShoesShipping, or RockinRollShipping? (The second was originally gonna be RockinChordShipping, but then I decided nah)

Roxie/Marnie? If so, which sounds better:
PlatformShoesShipping, or RockinRollShipping? (The second was originally gonna be RockinChordShipping, but then I decided nah)
hmmm i personally like the sound of RockinRollShipping better! just kinda feels a bit better to say, yknow?

If this isn’t allowed, you can tell me to delete it, but what the actual heck are some of these ships (and names)? No hate to people who ship these, but personally, human x Pokémon ships make me uncomfortable and some of these names are just… what

Edit: I was scrolling the list and I found this ship…
28008Shipping - Max & Lorelei / Max & Prima
This, for one makes me uncomfortable knowing people ship this and two, what is that name

Fandoms are weird sometimes. Not you guys though, you’re great

If this isn’t allowed, you can tell me to delete it, but what the actual heck are some of these ships (and names)?
For the record, the Neverending Romance list is almost 20 years old, and has been consistently receiving tons of submissions and being updated throughout that entire time. The landscape of the internet, especially in fandom spaces, was drastically different back in the 2000s, and unfortunately that does mean there are going to be some old distasteful jokes or pairings on the list that would be problematic today. That's just the way things were back then, sadly. :s

As we stated in the original post, we do not condone every name or pairing on the list — but Neverending Romance is intended as a reference document, it's for archival and preservation purposes only. Removing questionable ship names from the list would be like pretending they never existed, and it'd be detrimental to those who want to know how to avoid or block the pairings they don't want to see.

i've seen a lot of people bring up some of the more uncomfortable pairings on the list on social media+stuff and i get the discomfort but gosh YEAH i really appreciate having it listed somewhere just so i know how i can avoid them, bc i think it's better that i know of them and can avoid things that make me uncomfortable than not know about them and stumble across something i'd rather not see randomly;;

ah.. this is the right thread, though. this is both a reference sheet for "official" ship names as well as a place where people submit their ideas for ship names. ^^;
yeah i think she meant to post that in the general thread, or thought i was posting in the general thread. idk but either way she probably got the two mixed up

oops, sorry, there's been too many notifs for this and the general chat thread popping up at the same time. i was clicking a notif for the general chat thread, and a new one for this must've popped right as i clicked it. XD

Back
Top Bottom