• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

Also I'd like to add that I've seen a lot of people call Steven x Cynthia DarkSteelShipping rather than LoliShotaShipping. Idk what the policy is for two names for one pairing, but I just wanted to put this out there because I didn't see DarkSteel in the list but I did see LoliShota.
Yeah, that's at least a 14-year-old conflict. The DarkSteelShipping folks honestly have a good case and LoliShotaShipping is probably the type of name that should be on the untouchables, but there's 9 and a half years worth of list administration between then and esm8m's departure. Altering an SM name that obviously preempted its own community is one thing, but there's really no way I can just go changing something from the DP era unless one of the more senior folks at Bulbagarden requested it.

Edit: This was already partially addressed, DarkSteelShipping is in the alternate section of the untouchables.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's at least a 14-year-old conflict. The DarkSteelShipping folks honestly have a good case and LoliShotaShipping is probably the type of name that should be on the untouchables, but there's 9 and a half years worth of list administration between then and esm8m's departure. Altering an SM name that obviously preempted its own community is one thing, but there's really no way I can just go changing something from the DP era unless one of the more senior folks at Bulbagarden requested it.

Edit: This was already partially addressed, DarkSteelShipping is in the alternate section of the untouchables.
Understandable. I never knew it was a 14-year conflict, though I did see discourse over the name online. Then again, DPPt and RSE have been around a lot longer than I've been a Pokémon (I got into the series around 2016), so my perception of time is a little skewed.
Also, who's esm8m?

Understandable. I never knew it was a 14-year conflict, though I did see discourse over the name online. Then again, DPPt and RSE have been around a lot longer than I've been a Pokémon (I got into the series around 2016), so my perception of time is a little skewed.
Also, who's esm8m?
Yeah, it is kinda crazy that Gen 4 was 14 years ago now. Makes you feel old. Bulbagarden and Serebii both have nearly two decades worth of posts in their archives, so it's helpful to search through them if you're interested in that type of history.

esm8m was the person who managed the list directly before me, for most of Gen 6 and a little of Gen 7.

A couple of submissions!

PliersShipping - Piers & Plumeria

EyeshadowShipping - Piers & Guzma & Plumeria

FlaremShipping - Lysandre, Aliana, Bryony, Celosia & Mable

The ship name is a mix of 'Team Flare' and 'harem.'

A couple of submissions!

PliersShipping - Piers & Plumeria

EyeshadowShipping - Piers & Guzma & Plumeria
FlaremShipping - Lysandre, Aliana, Bryony, Celosia & Mable

The ship name is a mix of 'Team Flare' and 'harem.'
PrettyBoyBlueShipping - Cress & Luca (Pokemon Duel)
UrashimaShipping - Marlon & Ryuki
All of these look good, I'd imagine they'll all be on the next update coming soon-ish.

I also want to make a note of my immense disappointment in Bulbapedia's decision to decimate over a decade of history in the Project Shipping articles. Watching that type of mass deletion makes me wonder whether or not the shipping section of this forum will be preserved in the long term, or if this list will ultimately need to find an alternate host. I really hope it doesn't have to come to that.

I never knew this forum existed and was hoping for updates somewhere since the NeverEnding Romance page hasn't been updated since Gen 7. This is amazing!

Anyhoo.... ????? No Ash & Verity? This shocked me, honestly. The only idea I currently have is the following, but if it's not good, I'm open for other names from others.

RebootShipping - Ash & Verity

I never knew this forum existed and was hoping for updates somewhere since the NeverEnding Romance page hasn't been updated since Gen 7. This is amazing!

Anyhoo.... ????? No Ash & Verity? This shocked me, honestly. The only idea I currently have is the following, but if it's not good, I'm open for other names from others.

RebootShipping - Ash & Verity
Thrilled we can help!

Honestly this one is kind of a funny story, I recall delaying it to see if a name would emerge from the community as this pairing looked fairly important, but that was never followed up on. I'll make sure to do some digging, and there should be an answer in the next update.

I don't know if these already have a name, but here they are anyway:

PunkLadyShipping: Roxie & Marnie.
SoloistShipping: Roxie, Ryuki, Piers and Lisia.
PunkVocalistShipping: Roxie, Ryuki and Piers.
PunkBandShipping: Roxie, Ryuki, Piers & Marnie.

I’m still curious to know the name of the shipping Mareanie X James
Poisonshipping? Purpleshipping? Purplepoisonshipping? Toxicshipping?

ImprudenceShipping - Tucker & Liza (Hoenn)
DesertSnakeShipping - Aarune & Lucy

'Imprudence' is a word similar to the word 'improvidence,' which is used as the ship name for Tate, who is the twin brother of Liza, and Tucker. That is all.

Last edited:
HisuiShipping: Akari & Rei (Pokémon Legends: Arceus main characters)
This one is going to be pretty funny no matter what. There's technically already a HisuiShipping for Drake & Steven Stone, which has existed since around the first half of 2013. As far as I can tell however, no one actually uses this name for this pairing, but the name HisuiShipping has a fair bit of usage by exactly one person who uses it for an OC pairing with Butch. That's definitely not how it works on our end; the list has never seriously recognized OCs and that's not about to start. There's a semi-tradition that <region name>Shipping is used for the two player characters or a variation, but I don't think there's ever been a case where the name of a region was already on the list. I'm probably going to let whatever Rei x Akari community that forms make the name decision for themselves, but if they want HisuiShipping, I don't think I've ever seen such a good reason to add a duplicate.

Last edited:
This one is going to be pretty funny no matter what. There's technically already a HisuiShipping for Drake & Steven Stone, which has existed since around the first half of 2013. As far as I can tell however, no one actually uses this name for this pairing, but the name HisuiShipping has a fair bit of usage by exactly one person who uses it for an OC pairing with Butch. That's definitely not how it works on our end; the list has never seriously recognized OCs and that's not about to start. There's a semi-tradition that <region name>Shipping is used for the two player characters or a variation, but I don't think there's ever been a case where the name of a region was already on the list. I'm probably going to let whatever Rei x Akari community that forms make the name decision for themselves, but if they want HisuiShipping, I don't think I've ever seen such a good reason to add a duplicate.
This is such a funny coincidence oh my goodness

btw I looked it up and "hisui" is Japanese for "jade". The more you know.

This is such a funny coincidence oh my goodness

btw I looked it up and "hisui" is Japanese for "jade". The more you know.
No wonder why I want to see Hisuian Arcanine (or Hisuian Growlithe's evolution in general) have jades on it.

Also...

ViridescentShipping - Harley & Morgan (because of Harley's clothes and because of Morgan's hair)
GreenDayShipping - Harley & Dana (get it?)

Back
Top Bottom