• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

So, forgive me if there are reasons for their removal, but I've noticed that a number of ships I'm familiar with are not on the list, and I swear to god they used to be, so can I query what's going on? The ships in question are:

Ethan/Silver - HunterShipping
May/Lisia - ContestQueenShipping
May/Courtney - ExpanseShipping
Dawn/Cynthia - GirlPowerShipping
Dawn/Marley - ChoqueShipping
Dawn/Cheryl - ElationShipping
Lucas/Barry - ClingyShipping
Hilbert/N - IsshuShipping
Serena/Diantha - KalosChampionShipping
Serena/Emma - AbandonmentShipping
Serena/Shauna - BoutiqueShipping
Gloria/Marnie - GothGFShipping
Victor/Bede - BrattyShipping

There's also May/Zinnia, Serena/Malva, Gloria/Klara, but I can't remember off-hand what their shipping names were.
I just did a bunch of ctrl+F searches and all of those pairing names are on the list for the pairings you indicated, including AlphaIdealsShipping - May & Zinnia, BurningHeartShipping - Malva & Serena (XY), and DollFashionShipping - Gloria & Klara. Not entirely sure what the issue was. If you were searching pairings and not ship names, there might've been an issue with the syntax or tags you were using. In any case, they're definitely all there.

Another submission that completely slipped my mind even though I talk about each person like all the time, haha! I've double checked but if the pairing is already in there, then my apologies.

MoschariShipping - Grimsley, Morty & Siebold

Hmm...maybe FlowerBladeShipping - Roserade & Lurantis?

EDIT to add two more.
GhostRibbonShipping - Froslass & Sylveon
GhostFlowerShipping - Froslass & Roserade

Last edited:
Got some movie-character ships today :) Was surprised none of these had names yet!

ApotheosisShipping - Zero & Arceus
AtheotesShipping - Zero & Sheena
PseudoprophetesShipping - Kevin & Zero

Was considering stalling until I have more ships names before submitting, but...got tired of holding onto these. Can just make a longer post later.

SkaterGirlShipping - Chloe & Marnie
TripwireShipping - Clyde & Roark

Hello

ByTheSeaShipping - Nessa x Siebold x Wallace
BarberShopQuartestShipping - Molyane x Steven x Wikstrom x Byron

Please don't ask why I had the urge to name these. I ship them both platonically and with a passion.

i dont believe its on here already, but ive seen cheren/lear be called RoyalLectureShipping a little bit on tumblr! theres only about a page of content on the tag, but ive seen use from a few different people and i havent seen any other ship names for them myself, so i thought id mention it
ive also seen one person (again on tumblr) calling lear/lysandre RoyalBloodShipping, havent seen any other names for them so again, thought id mention it!
also im not sure if theres any other pokemon characters called lear, but just in case, both of these are lear from pokemon masters!

and, may i coin cheren/avery as PromotedNerdShipping? ive looked for a ship name for them and have yet to find one, but alas thats just the way it goes sometimes with rarepairs. if ive missed one though i apologise!

i dont believe its on here already, but ive seen cheren/lear be called RoyalLectureShipping a little bit on tumblr! theres only about a page of content on the tag, but ive seen use from a few different people and i havent seen any other ship names for them myself, so i thought id mention it
ive also seen one person (again on tumblr) calling lear/lysandre RoyalBloodShipping, havent seen any other names for them so again, thought id mention it!
also im not sure if theres any other pokemon characters called lear, but just in case, both of these are lear from pokemon masters!

and, may i coin cheren/avery as PromotedNerdShipping? ive looked for a ship name for them and have yet to find one, but alas thats just the way it goes sometimes with rarepairs. if ive missed one though i apologise!
Please send all Tumblr pairing names you can find! Tumblr has been one of the biggest sources of names with real-world usage recently but it's so decentralized that it's super hard to get all of them. Any names from Tumblr (or any other actual community for a pairing, as opposed to people naming pairings they don't care about for the sake of naming pairings) are super helpful!

Names aren't officially accepted until I can put out a new update but I'd have to imagine that one will be all good.

haven't seen these so i'll list them unless they already exist but couldn't find 'em from name-searching so. billy and lunick surprises me quite a bit

SongbirdShipping - Ryuki & Grimsley
TheGreatestShipping - Ryuki & Lear
NoiseMakingShipping - Ryuki & Billy (Ranger)
DietCokeShipping - Billy (Ranger) & Lunick
PassaggioShipping - Billy (Ranger) & Jackie Walker

ive been looking for hop/marnie content and the ship lists ive found list them as DoubleSweetRivalShipping, but i can find barely any content for that. however ive seen at least a bit more under WyndonShipping. on tumblr, the doublesweetrivalshipping tag has only one post, while the wyndonshipping tag has about a page, with a variety of different people populating it. i havent found anything on twitter under doublesweetrivalshipping, but there was one person using wyndonshipping. and while i dont use much other social media sites, a quick google search of doublesweetrivalshipping comes up with barely anything, and wyndonshipping, while still not much, does have noticeably more results

in situations like these, would the name be changed on this list, or the alternative added as well, or something of the sort? or is it a matter of whatever the first name coined is? hop/marnie doesnt have much content as is, but the official name appears to have a lot less content than the alternative ive found used. what happens in a situation like this?

Hi! I would like to propose a new name for this shipping

SweetSpringVoiceShipping - Brendan & Ethan (game) & May

Last edited:
Here's a few I'm proposing for the Masters EX protags/rival:
SyncPairShipping - Scottie & Bettie
PasioShipping - Paulo & Scottie
CentraShipping - Paulo & Bettie
(PasioShipping for Paulo & Scottie seems to actually be in use, judging from a cursory Google search? Otherwise I'd have submitted it for the two protagonists.)

And a handful of random ones:
FurretShipping - Cail & Rui
KusaShipping - Erika & Melanie
CherryPetalShipping - Chloe & Sakura
PokétopiaShipping - Nate (Battle Revolution) & Cyndy
MagmafallShipping - Terrell & Marina (Battle Revolution)

And just resubmitting this one under a different name, since it looks like it didn't make it in the first time:
DesideriumShipping - Gary & Chloe

Thanks a bunch :bulbaLove:

I have a few ship names for Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

AncientFortuneShipping - Rei (game) & Akari (game)
EsperWingShipping - Rei (game) & Sabi
HisuianBraviaryShipping - Akari (game) & Sabi
ClanLeaderShipping - Adaman & Irida
ConcealedShipping - Iscan & Palina
Cynthia'sAncestorsShipping - Zolo & Cogita

Last edited:
ive been looking for hop/marnie content and the ship lists ive found list them as DoubleSweetRivalShipping, but i can find barely any content for that. however ive seen at least a bit more under WyndonShipping. on tumblr, the doublesweetrivalshipping tag has only one post, while the wyndonshipping tag has about a page, with a variety of different people populating it. i havent found anything on twitter under doublesweetrivalshipping, but there was one person using wyndonshipping. and while i dont use much other social media sites, a quick google search of doublesweetrivalshipping comes up with barely anything, and wyndonshipping, while still not much, does have noticeably more results

in situations like these, would the name be changed on this list, or the alternative added as well, or something of the sort? or is it a matter of whatever the first name coined is? hop/marnie doesnt have much content as is, but the official name appears to have a lot less content than the alternative ive found used. what happens in a situation like this?
This isn't the first time this has happened and it probably won't be the last. One of the biggest issues bringing the list back has simply been the lack of awareness, and that's created a lot of situations where people have made up names when they weren't aware one was already listed. Some of those names have caught on now and the name added before is virtually unused. This has always been decided on a case-by-case basis but I've generally held that naming rarepairs on the list isn't meant to preempt a bona fide community and I think in retrospect that I was too quick to accept SWSH names. All of the things you named are considered. By the looks of this post, WyndonShipping was coined or at least used by more than one person after DoubleSweetRivalShipping's acceptance on Dec 8 2019, as I initially held it back for monitoring and accepted it when nothing came up within a month. I won't make a final decision until the next update so I can take the time to research the situation a bit more but judging by my past decisions, Wyndon will probably be added in some form.

And just resubmitting this one under a different name, since it looks like it didn't make it in the first time:
DesideriumShipping - Gary & Chloe
I don't recall exactly what happened with this one, if it was a clerical error or intentional but it doesn't look like I have any notes of it. The only thing I can think of would be deferring to see if anything rises from the Gary x Chloe community should one have formed, since both are featured in Journeys. I'll have to follow up on that at next update. If everything looks clear, would you like the first name or the new name to be added?

I have a few ship names for Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

AncientFortuneShipping - Rei (game) & Akari (game)
ClanLeaderShipping - Adaman & Irida
I'm absolutely deferring on these until it's out of the launch window and clear if these pairings will have active communities. They're both major enough to warrant it.

I don't recall exactly what happened with this one, if it was a clerical error or intentional but it doesn't look like I have any notes of it. The only thing I can think of would be deferring to see if anything rises from the Gary x Chloe community should one have formed, since both are featured in Journeys. I'll have to follow up on that at next update. If everything looks clear, would you like the first name or the new name to be added?
No worries! I thought maybe the original one I submitted was too close to the existing "EffloresceShipping" on the list, so I just put in a different name.
From what I've seen I don't think an existing name (or even a community) for it has popped up anywhere, but of course I could be wrong about that since I haven't done a deep dive on it or anything yet. If it's all good, then the first one is fine :) Thanks!

Hello! I was wondering if there was a ship name listed for Shauntal & Wicke?

If not, I'd like to submit HalayaShipping for it.

I had submitted this name to the pkmnshippinglist on tumblr a couple years back, but I understand they're still being collected. I will double check and see what hasn't been sent here.
Could not find it this name there so here it is for good measure. Thank you!

What's the consensus on accepting Hisui pairing names?

There's been lots of chatter about a ship name for Adaman and Irida. It looks like some are using JewelShipping, but that's already a pairing. Thematically, people are discussing the origins of their English names. The popular JP pairing combines their names like usual, and SekiKai sounds good enough to be the pairing itself with "Shipping" attached.

Based on the names suggested on Twitter, maybe AncientJewelShipping?

Back
Top Bottom