• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

Ok it's not been used in anything yet because the ship is really rare (The ship's total content AFAIK consists of about four art pieces in total, one being a five minute sketch I did and the three others being from one artist on Twitter) but I had an epiphany regarding a possible ship name for a rarepair that I've became fond of recently.

SpringSpriteShipping for Florian & Ortega. (Spring from Florian's Japanese name 'Haruto' (which means well... spring), and Sprite from the type of Fairy of the same name), alternatively one could call the ship 'SpringStingShipping' instead since Ortega's name is Spanish for nettle. Not sure which of the two I like for the ship more though, would be cool with either. What do y'all think?

Also got a couple of less serious/more jokey ship name ideas (I'm not a big shipper of mons, just thought these would be pretty funny names for the people who get the references.)
JurassicParkShipping for Tyrantrum & Baxcalibur (Representing Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus, the two main big bad carnivores of the OG trilogy)
XilienForcesShipping for Hydreigon & Armaldo (Because they look like Ghidorah and Gigan respectively, two of the main threats in the Godzilla series, both of which had ties to the Xilien race in one of the films they starred in)

SpringSpriteShipping for Florian & Ortega. (Spring from Florian's Japanese name 'Haruto' (which means well... spring), and Sprite from the type of Fairy of the same name), alternatively one could call the ship 'SpringStingShipping' instead since Ortega's name is Spanish for nettle. Not sure which of the two I like for the ship more though, would be cool with either. What do y'all think?
personally, i prefer SpringSpriteShipping. its very cute

submitting a ship name ive been seeing a bit lately

HanaMusaShipping - Delia & Jessie

its mostly one person on tumblr making content for them, but theyre also a relatively popular blogger and ive seen the name and ship spreading a bit because of their influence

also, because of a recent masters event, victor x mallow has been floating around a bit. ive seen a bunch of different names suggested, but none really decided on. probably worth keeping an eye on it, but i wouldnt be surprised if it mostly fades away after this initial run of the event

Does anyone know how these pairings are called ? I saw fanarts of them but I haven't seen the names.

Irida/Palina
Melli/Adaman
Arezu/Mai
Cyllene/Zisu

Does anyone know how these pairings are called ? I saw fanarts of them but I haven't seen the names.

Irida/Palina
Melli/Adaman
Arezu/Mai
Cyllene/Zisu
I don't know if there is another name for them that the fandom came up with, but for Irida/Palina, I came up with GalateaShipping at the bottom of page 16 of this thread. While I did try to coin a name for Cyllene/Zisu (BladeBlossomShipping), I've heard there's another name for it, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. For the rest, I have no clue of their shipping names.

Irida/Palina
Melli/Adaman
Arezu/Mai
Cyllene/Zisu
melli/adaman seems to be pretty common as AdamantOrbShipping
arezu/mai ive seen called DiamondGalShipping by one person
cyllene/zisu ive seen called CaptainShipping by a few people
and surprisingly ive never seen an irida/palina ship name myself

though this is just what ive found on tumblr, no clue what its like on other sites

IndependenciaShipping - Friede & Delia

I couldn't help myself lmao

TomeOfHearts - Hop & Sonia

I’m the only person that I know of that has used this ship!! It’s a play on Two Of Hearts & for me, both of them are Historians and therefore, Tome.

Re: Victor/Mallow

This Reddit post throws around a few ship name ideas (aside from portmanteau names, there’s Flappletun, Palentines, AppleCurry, CurriedApple, ApplePie, AppleDumpling, Stew, and CurryMalasada (spelled as CurryMasala). Some of those names are probably taken, which might narrow it down, but also… others probably aren’t lol.

Was brainstorming names for a different Trip ship but this one jumped out at me from a list of camera terms and I couldn't resist the pun so:

TripodShipping - Chili & Trip

EDIT: Don't want to double post so here are the actual names I wanted to submit but was still working on haha.
ContreJourShipping - Trevor & Trip
HolyOrderShipping - Riley & Volo
LegendarySnapshotShipping - Todd Snap, Trevor & Trip
NikonShipping - Todd Snap & Trip

Last edited:
Back with another round of ship names:

InspectionShipping - Nurse Joy & Latias
ParadiseLostShipping - Volo & Giratina
SolidarityShipping - Adaman, Irida, & Volo
PrestissimoShipping - Meloetta & Hilda
EyesOnMeShipping - Chaz & Yancy
MagentaPaintShipping - Zinzolin & Anthea
ProsAndConsShipping - Colress & Concordia
BottledUpShipping - Baraz & Lucianne
CorruptVisorShipping - Ghetsis & Aliana
RoundaboutOrbitShipping - Latios & Morgan
TechnicalOrderShipping - Zygarde & Kimia
HoshihanaShipping - Jirachi & Furisode Girl Blossom
YoruShipping - Darkrai & Furisode Girl Kali
AoiMizuShipping - Manaphy & Furisode Girl Linnea
ArtifactHeroShipping - Elio & Victor
SongsOfTheSeaShipping - Kanoa & Ida
PersonOfInterestShipping - Faba & Soliera
SandGrassShipping - Hapu & Zossie
ParentalFeelingsShipping - Gordie & Peonia
OppositeSidesShipping - Gym Challenger Yue & Gym Challenger Wei
StarsOnTheRocksShipping - Gym Challenger Cher & Gym Challenger Vega
BattleOnTheBattlefieldShipping - Gym Challenger Kent & Gym Challenger Deneb
RivalsOfPaldeaShipping - Penny, Arven, & Nemona
BigDipperShipping - Giacomo, Mela, Atticus, & Ortega
TypeMatchupsShipping - Iono & Rika (there's a bit of fanart of these two but I can't for the life of me find a ship name for them)
MaquillarseShipping - Salvatore & Tulip
FerrochrommeShipping - Keith (Pokken Tournament) & Travis (Pokken Tournament)

Last edited:
OppositeSidesShipping - Gym Challenger Yue & Gym Challenger Wei
StarsOnTheRocksShipping - Gym Challenger Cher & Gym Challenger Vega
BattleOnTheBattlefieldShipping - Gym Challenger Kent & Gym Challenger Deneb
woah, i wasnt expecting to see gym challenger ship names! its so much fun to see ship names for niche characters like them

Many shipping names with Dendra !

AmargoShipping - Cynthia & Dendra
DonnybrookShipping - Bea & Dendra
FightOrFlightShipping - Dendra & Skyla
FuegoShipping - Flannery & Mela
RawPowerShipping - Bruno & Dendra
RikishiShipping - Dendra & Maylene
StandUserShipping - Dendra & Sabrina
SuijutsuShipping - Brawly & Dendra

RedFieldShipping - Chris (Ranger) & Clair

i was looking through the list and noticed a few oddities and errors i thought would be worth pointing out. im not very savvy with the reply feature, so ill just be doing a lot of copy pasting

ElderPartnerShipping - Mimey (Mr. Mime) & Rotom (Professor OakÂ’s)
typo, not sure what that  is doing there

BrightStarshipping - Hilda (Adventures) & Moon (Special)
there is no hilda in adventures, this is probably supposed to be white, her adventures/special counterpart

NarrativeShipping - Chase, Trace & Elaine
PoisonLaneShipping - Elaine & Janine

theres both Elaine (game) and Elaine (ranger), but these two dont specify. NarrativeShipping is most likely elaine (game) given who shes paired with, but i have no clue for PoisonLaneShipping

SkyFallenShipping - Rei & Akari
SpatialDawnShipping - Akari & Irida
WielderShipping - Volo & Akari

i didnt realise when i was submitting pla ship names, but rei and akari are already names on the list. either these ones should probably be changed to Rei (PLA) and Akari (PLA), or all the other ships with a rei or akari be changed to Rei (GDZ) and Akari (HIBAPC)

RoyalLoversShipping - Rachel & Sawyer
another one i didnt realise when i submitted it, rachel and sawyer are both names already on the list. these should probably be changed to Rachel (Masters) and Sawyer (Masters). there are other unspecified sawyers and rachels, but i dont think any of them are the masters ones. also i wasnt aware of the general formatting rules when i submitted this so the characters arent in the correct order, so if thats a priority it should probably be fixed

SpiritCrownShipping - Allister & Florian
it seems like a SV ship name was accepted early. florian, the male player character from sv, is as far as i can find the only florian in pokemon

im not sure how high priority consistency with the specifying thing for multiple characters with the same name is, but i noticed a fair amount of inconsistencies so i figured theyd be worth mentioning

ManchaShipping - Iron-Masked Marauder & Victor (Battle Frontier)
in all of this victors other ships names he is listed as Victor (Frontier)

FrontBangShipping - Gladion (game) & Alolan Ace Trainer (game)
in every other ship name hes in, gladion is just listed as Gladion without any (game)

InquisitiveShipping - Sawyer (XY) & Tate
in every other instance, sawyer isnt listed with any specification as to which one it is. though as there are two sawyers, this is a bit confusing

WeWereOnABreakShipping - Ross & Rachel
MossDeepShipping - Jin & Rachel

two unspecified rachels, these are both likely Rachel (Hoenn)

CompassionateAuraShipping - N & Riley
He'sNotHomeShipping - N & Wikstrom's armor
MotheroceanShipping - N & Lapras
ParadigmShiftShipping - Brock & N
SameHairShipping - Leon & N
ThreepartequationShipping - Hilbert, N & Zero
UltraHeroShipping - Dulse & N
UnovaCrewShipping - Cheren, Hilbert, Hugh, N, Nate, Bianca (BW), Hilda & Rosa
UnsolvableShipping - N & Enigma E

n is usually listed as N (BW), and here all the instances i found where he isnt

and there is a lot of inconsistency around the adventures/special characters. theyre sometimes called (Special), sometimes (Adventures), and sometimes no specification at all. White alone has instances of all three. if theres interest in consistency for that, ill probably go through all the dex holders and note the inconsistencies, but for now theres too much for me to want to put it in this message.

and one final thing, im very late to this but awhile back there was a very brief discussion of how characters with undefined genders like blanche from go should be formatted, and i wanted to add my input as a nonbinary person.
so the general formatting goes: male humans, female humans, pokemon, inanimate objects
i would personally put human characters who arent male or female right after the female humans, and before pokemon. so: male humans, female humans, nonbinary/undefined/ect humans, pokemon, objects
but thats just how i would do it. its not super relevant right now, as i believe blanche and rhi (another go character) are the only genderless human characters in the franchise, but that might not always be the case. decided on how they should fit into the formatting is probably a good idea for future proofing

Edit: something i was going to mention but forgot
GoldenTrioShipping - Harry, Ronald & Hermione
GreatEscapeTunnelsShipping - Ace Trainer Tom, Dick & Harry

there are three different harrys in pokemon, Harry Goodman from detective pikachu, Harry a character of the day from the sun and moon anime (sm011, young kiawe had a farm), and Harry from the Team Rocket Elite Trio in adventures/special. context does not help me figure out what harrys these are supposed to be

Last edited:
i was looking through the list and noticed a few oddities and errors i thought would be worth pointing out. im not very savvy with the reply feature, so ill just be doing a lot of copy pasting
these are my favorite posts tbh. I'll go down everything in order, let's see

ElderPartnerShipping - Mimey (Mr. Mime) & Rotom (Professor OakÂ’s)
typo, not sure what that  is doing there
Thanks for pointing this out! It's apparently been there since December of 2013, when the name was listed. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but it's one of those weird character issues that's been floating around for years now. Honestly wonder how it originated.

BrightStarshipping - Hilda (Adventures) & Moon (Special)
there is no hilda in adventures, this is probably supposed to be white, her adventures/special counterpart

and there is a lot of inconsistency around the adventures/special characters. theyre sometimes called (Special), sometimes (Adventures), and sometimes no specification at all. White alone has instances of all three. if theres interest in consistency for that, ill probably go through all the dex holders and note the inconsistencies, but for now theres too much for me to want to put it in this message.
I'm not gonna lie, I've never actually read the Adventures/Special manga and I'll probably miss some things like this. Thanks for letting me know! BrightStarShipping has some real-world usage as Moon x White so fixing the characters shouldn't be a big deal.

There are some characters tagged with Adventures before my involvement and some I added, but it's far more common to tag them with Special. I'll probably change all of the Adventures tags over easily, but if you can find any untagged characters, please let me know!

NarrativeShipping - Chase, Trace & Elaine
PoisonLaneShipping - Elaine & Janine

theres both Elaine (game) and Elaine (ranger), but these two dont specify. NarrativeShipping is most likely elaine (game) given who shes paired with, but i have no clue for PoisonLaneShipping
NarrativeShipping is definitely Elaine (game), and PoisonLaneShipping is actually a pairing with real world usage by a small community, so we can confirm the character is also Elaine (game).

SkyFallenShipping - Rei & Akari
SpatialDawnShipping - Akari & Irida
WielderShipping - Volo & Akari

i didnt realise when i was submitting pla ship names, but rei and akari are already names on the list. either these ones should probably be changed to Rei (PLA) and Akari (PLA), or all the other ships with a rei or akari be changed to Rei (GDZ) and Akari (HIBAPC)
I'm gonna be honest, I've never heard of Rei (GDZ) or Akari (HIBAPC) before and I'm honestly shocked these characters are already on the list. I'll definitely add tags to the manga characters, and possibly to the PLA characters as well.

RoyalLoversShipping - Rachel & Sawyer
another one i didnt realise when i submitted it, rachel and sawyer are both names already on the list. these should probably be changed to Rachel (Masters) and Sawyer (Masters). there are other unspecified sawyers and rachels, but i dont think any of them are the masters ones. also i wasnt aware of the general formatting rules when i submitted this so the characters arent in the correct order, so if thats a priority it should probably be fixed
I already noted previously that this pairing needed to be fixed, but I thought it was just the ordering. Turns out it's more broken than I thought lol. I'll add the tags too. Sawyer (Ash's rival in XY) is still untagged on Bulbapedia and while the list doesn't align perfectly with Bulbapedia's tagging, we do use it for guidance sometimes so XY Sawyer will remain untagged for the time being. Rachel has Masters and Hoenn tags already so I'll add Masters to this one.

Note to self: Clean up untagged Rachels (probably Hoenn).

SpiritCrownShipping - Allister & Florian
it seems like a SV ship name was accepted early. florian, the male player character from sv, is as far as i can find the only florian in pokemon
There are other (very minor) Florians, but I agree, this is likely the SV protagonist. The name was submitted on September 16th, less than a month after Florian's name was known, and two months before the SV name ban was imposed. It's not fair to permanently exclude the name since it was submitted before the ban, but it should've been temporarily deferred as an SV name. Honestly, though, I can't imagine there's going to be much other activity for this pairing, so there's not much point in removing it just to list it again. Congrats to EliuxW for getting one past me lol

im not sure how high priority consistency with the specifying thing for multiple characters with the same name is, but i noticed a fair amount of inconsistencies so i figured theyd be worth mentioning

ManchaShipping - Iron-Masked Marauder & Victor (Battle Frontier)
in all of this victors other ships names he is listed as Victor (Frontier)

FrontBangShipping - Gladion (game) & Alolan Ace Trainer (game)
in every other ship name hes in, gladion is just listed as Gladion without any (game)

InquisitiveShipping - Sawyer (XY) & Tate
in every other instance, sawyer isnt listed with any specification as to which one it is. though as there are two sawyers, this is a bit confusing

WeWereOnABreakShipping - Ross & Rachel
MossDeepShipping - Jin & Rachel

two unspecified rachels, these are both likely Rachel (Hoenn)

CompassionateAuraShipping - N & Riley
He'sNotHomeShipping - N & Wikstrom's armor
MotheroceanShipping - N & Lapras
ParadigmShiftShipping - Brock & N
SameHairShipping - Leon & N
ThreepartequationShipping - Hilbert, N & Zero
UltraHeroShipping - Dulse & N
UnovaCrewShipping - Cheren, Hilbert, Hugh, N, Nate, Bianca (BW), Hilda & Rosa
UnsolvableShipping - N & Enigma E

n is usually listed as N (BW), and here all the instances i found where he isnt
Tagging issues are definitely a priority! Thank you very much for these! Sometimes they end up getting added upwards of a decade ago and never noticed or corrected, so whenever we find something to fix it's always good.

and one final thing, im very late to this but awhile back there was a very brief discussion of how characters with undefined genders like blanche from go should be formatted, and i wanted to add my input as a nonbinary person.
so the general formatting goes: male humans, female humans, pokemon, inanimate objects
i would personally put human characters who arent male or female right after the female humans, and before pokemon. so: male humans, female humans, nonbinary/undefined/ect humans, pokemon, objects
but thats just how i would do it. its not super relevant right now, as i believe blanche and rhi (another go character) are the only genderless human characters in the franchise, but that might not always be the case. decided on how they should fit into the formatting is probably a good idea for future proofing
This is definitely one possible solution and we should probably decide how to sort these characters soon. Another possible option would be to sort the character alphabetically within a pairing with another human, so you'd have hypothetical pairings like Blanche (GO) & Drew or Anabel & Blanche (GO). This is definitely something I want to get more opinions and ideas about so we can try to get the best solution.

GoldenTrioShipping - Harry, Ronald & Hermione
GreatEscapeTunnelsShipping - Ace Trainer Tom, Dick & Harry

there are three different harrys in pokemon, Harry Goodman from detective pikachu, Harry a character of the day from the sun and moon anime (sm011, young kiawe had a farm), and Harry from the Team Rocket Elite Trio in adventures/special. context does not help me figure out what harrys these are supposed to be
Given both pairings predate both Detective Pikachu and SM011, they're likely in reference to Harry from Special. Really though, neither of those pairings really care which Harry from Pokemon we associate them with. They're both named in reference to other things and it's just a coincidence Pokemon has characters with those names. GoldenTrioShipping is a reference to the characters in Harry Potter, and GreatEscapeTunnelsShipping is a reference to, fittingly, the tunnels from the great escape, an escape attempt from a Nazi POW camp.

Back
Top Bottom