• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New 1 Hour Long Episode!

Hey, but this sounds like we see them FIGHT, not just a hug, or thundershock.

I bet it's another Pikachu.

Possibly the debut of a Pikachu with a split tail thus confirming Ash's Pikachu is male once and for all. :eek:

You guys know the writers will bring it up sooner or later, debuting the "female" split tail Pikachu is bound to happen.

Ash vs. Pikachu Bitch for the affection of Pikachu?

Yeah, I also think the female thing will only be brought up for plot reasons only. I expect possibly one about the radically different colors of the Hippos.

Possibly the debut of a Pikachu with a split tail thus confirming Ash's Pikachu is male once and for all. :eek:

You guys know the writers will bring it up sooner or later, debuting the "female" split tail Pikachu is bound to happen.

It's probably more likely that the gender differences will be put down solely to a "It only happens in Sinnoh" deal, and thus Pikachu remains ambigious.

Satochu is a fan-made name, so the anime producers aren't going to put it in their episode titles.
Oh yeah, that's true.

Good point there, Dogasu. ^^

Heh, I accidentally forgot about that. Both Satochu and Ashachu are fan-made names.

Duh!! How could I forget something like that? XD

And that is why the Bulbapedia Ashachu article is categorised under "Fanon terminology".
Woah! There's now a Bulbapedia article about Ashachu!?

Where? Where? *looks around*

I definitely have to check that out. XD

But anyway though, hypothetically speaking, if Satochu were going to be in this episode, then they would still have the name Satoshi in the episode title.

Ah, cool!! Now I understand.

That makes sense why, after seeing the title, "Ash VS Pikachu" I immediately thought of the possibility of another Ashachu episode. XD

And don't mind me. I'm just too much of an Ashachu fan. XD XD

It's probably more likely that the gender differences will be put down solely to a "It only happens in Sinnoh" deal, and thus Pikachu remains ambigious.
Exactly.

I completely agree with you there, Doctor Oak. ^_^

Er, I mean I bet it's Ash's team vs. another Pikachu, not Ash vs. the Pikachu on his team.

Ah...vs another trainer with Pikachu...

Oh...dear...god...not him?

Hopefully if HE appears then Croagunk/Carnivine/Piplup can kill him for good.

A Pikachu-Spaky-Buneary love would be awesome but yeah, Richie has no reason to be there.

*Prays that the writers won't pull a 'Lance'*

Not yet, anyway.

But then the title would be "Satoshi VS Leon", not to mention that the title makes even less sense if it is Sparky.

If the writers want to bring back a character from the past, let it be a GOOD character. Not the worst and most generic league rival they ever made, even worse than Harrison.

Richie is more interesting than Harrison.

Besides, with the Whirl Islands and hoso, the writers clearly aren't against bringing him back.

Richie should come back so Ash can beat him. Beat him good.

But I doubt it's his Pikachu in the title, or anyone else's Pikachu apart from Ash's.

I agree, Ritchie beats Harrison.

Now, Morrison, he rocked. I'd give anything to see him back (with a Glion).

On the subject of Richie, I like him and I think he's cool!! ^^

Of course, I like Ash a lot more though. XD

Okay, so far, this is what I think the Ash VS. Pikachu episode may be about. I have them listed in order of most-likely to least-likely of happening:

- It could be about Ash getting amnesia, joining Team Rocket, and having a battle with Pikachu in order to "steal it" (which, oddly enough, would be a VERY close plot to the Advanced Challenge episode, "A Scare To Remember" - and I love that episode, by the way, so if this IS the plot they're using, then I'll definitely love this episode).

- It could be about Ash and Pikachu having some sort of fight or disagreement, (which they haven't done since the days of Kanto) and then trying to settle their dispute and get back together again.

- It could be something like the orienteering episode, where there's some kinda competition. However, in this case, the human trainers would be competing against their Pokemon in an event. I think this would be pretty interesting, and it's a great idea. It would definitely be cool to see.

- It could be about Ash turning into a Pikachu again (somehow), and having a battle with Pikachu. And I admit, the chances of this happening again are pretty slim indeed. However, I can't help but think of this possibility, since I'm a huge fan of Ashachu. And of course, I think it would be cool to see Ash "try" and have a battle himself, lol. XD

Last edited:
I love Richie!! ^______^

*ehem* Anyways, Lisa, I think your 2nd and 3rd options are most likely, although seeing Ash turn into a Pikachu again would be good ^^

Richie is more interesting than Harrison.

Besides, with the Whirl Islands and hoso, the writers clearly aren't against bringing him back.

That was in the AG era, when the writers weren't afraid to show old characters or mention them.

Now the D/P era refuses to acknowledge the past, so you'll be hard pressed to find your Richie's or Casey's or those other minor characters that most people don't really care about aside from nostalgia.

Now the D/P era refuses to acknowledge the past, so you'll be hard pressed to find your Richie's or Casey's or those other minor characters that most people don't really care about aside from nostalgia.

I hope you're not implying that we'll never see May again.

That was in the AG era, when the writers weren't afraid to show old characters or mention them.
No, that was in the Johto region where they brought back lame characters for no reason really (Todd, Ritchie, Duplica).

And DP already has had more references to past series then AG had in like, the first two seasons.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom