• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New 3DS model announced: Battery life improved, screen 90% larger

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem I have with XL models is that it requires you to buy shorts w/ bigger pockets to fit these things, but they're usually very loose and uncomfortable to place items there, and you may accidentally damage it by hitting something hard in the thigh.

most of them will already have chargers from their DSi/XL/3DS consoles.

Did he actually mention the 3DS in that list. Does Nintendo really think that people who bought a 3DS especially those who bought it at it's original price will upgrade to this so soon?

Oh silly, silly Nintendo...

Too bad the people who held off for the 3DS' new model and doesn't have a DSi won't get this.

A second circle pad would have been fine.

I'm surprised that they didn't integrate the extra circle pad from the hideous add-on.
I like how it looks, then again I'm a sucker for extra plastic. There hasn't ever been a first party item I didn't like aesthetically, sans DS phat, which I've never gotten.

Also, making a note here, the no AC adapter thing apparently is Japan only, with AC adapters shipping with it in NA (as well as some other sources saying Europe as well; I do not know about other regions, sorry.)

Last edited:
I'm surprised that they didn't integrate the extra circle pad from the hideous add-on.
I like how it looks, then again I'm a sucker for extra plastic. There hasn't ever been a first party item I didn't like aesthetically, sans DS phat, which I've never gotten.

Also, making a note here, the no AC adapter thing apparently is Japan only, with AC adapters shipping with it in NA (as well as some other sources saying Europe as well; I do not know about other regions, sorry.)
Europe also has no AC adapter - Satoru Shibata said so himself, as well as showing us the retail box, which even has a notice on it saying so.

I'll stick with my regular 3DS, I think.
It doesn't look TOO bad... it's... just very unneeded at this point.

Accually, I might try and get this! My friend had a Dsi XL and I accually really liked it.

Oh, wow. I saw the title and went, oh, cool! Maybe I'll get this 3DS.
And then I read the article.

I knew they would do this the moment they announced the 3DS...I'm not buying it though, since I already have a Zelda one, and I love it too much to trade it in for that big thing.

I kind of expected this, but kind of bummed since I bought my 3DS too early since the XL has better battery life and bigger screen. Even so, I don't regret buying it early since I got extra games and that I like the 3DS I have currently.

I knew they would do this the moment they announced the 3DS...I'm not buying it though, since I already have a Zelda one, and I love it too much to trade it in for that big thing.

The Zelda one is the best looking one imo, if I hadn't already gotten a launch one, I would have gotten that.

*Facepalms* This always happens... We purchase a new handheld/console, and then Nintendo announces a better version shortly after that.

Honestly, I think the improved battery life is a major improvement. I swear to god, the original 3DS is a total battery power guzzler.

Remember people, Nintendo are great innovators whom everyone else follows. They are the same company that thought CD's were a fad and blew off Sony, who wanted to help them make their next system, and stuck to cartridges for their N64; the same company that thought people playing in the same room together was more relevant to gamers than that online-fad-thingy; the same company that thought HD, DVD/Blu-ray players and internal hard-drives weren't that important to gamers; the same company that created such marvels as the Virtual-Boy, Rob the Robot and the Power Glove.

Two circle pads? You don't need those, just a fad... what you really need are over-sized portable systems that aren't easy to carry around with you, more Mario games and revolutionary 3d technology.

I don't care what other people say, I'm getting this! It will a welcome addition to my (ever growing) collection.

I was a fan of the DSi XL's screens so I'll definitely be picking this up.

Also, two circle pads wasn't going to happen guys. If Nintendo included a second pad with the XL developers would start developing their games around it and original 3DS owners would get angry that they have to buy a clunky, over-sized and hard to find attachment just to get the most out of their new games. It probably wouldn't go over well. Chances are they'll likely just wait until the next generation comes along to add another circle pad.

...Wtf? Miyamoto had said not too long ago that they weren't going to make any new models of the 3DS like they did with the DS. He wanted to go straight to the next new handheld when they were ready to make another one.

An actual member here showed it to me.

Did he change his mind or something? Or was he just fibbing?

My money's on Nintendo announcing a second circle pad add on that isn't compatible with the original 3DS and that's assuming the 3DS add on won't fit this new model.

Hey, gotta cheat em all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom