• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: DSi LL to be sold starting Nov. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 25% o

New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 25% of DS

Nikkei, one of Japan's largest media corporations, reported this morning that a new, 4-inch screen DSi will be released in Japan soon, possibly be the end of the year. The new DSi will be 12.5% of the current DSi's screen and 25% of the DS and DS Lite's.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 2

Good thing I held off buying one earlier in the year.

New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 25% o

New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 25% of DS

Nikkei, one of Japan's largest media corporations, reported this morning that a new, 4-inch screen DSi will be released in Japan soon, possibly be the end of the year. The new DSi will be 12.5% of the current DSi's screen and 25% of the DS and DS Lite's. This DSi will sell for the same price as the current DSi: ¥18,900.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New 4-inch screen DSi to hit Japan soon: Screen 12.5% larger than original DSi, 2

lucky japan

This calls for a caption

Nintendo: OH HI did you buy a DSi as soon as it came out ...?

DSi owner: Y...Yes

Nintendo: *Slaps DSi's owner's face with a trout* YOU SILLY SO-AND-SO!!!! Now you'll have to buy a new bettererer one with a bigger screen ... you'll need it if you want to play the newer games :p

Ofcourse that last bit is me being silly.

I'm glad i haven't wasted money on a DSi yet too

Wow.

Can we just get a new system altogether please, Nintendo? The DS came out in 2004, I'm ready for a handheld that rivals the PSP in power.

Also...we need the 5th generation. This stalling is ridiculous.

How evil of them! Now I so want a DSi...

No GBA slot, no care.

I get reminded of "If its not broken, don't fix it".
Who buys ALL of the new consoles that come out the moment they do if they don't even have any exclusive games?
I have a DS Lite (bought after DSi came out to show how much I care for fancy extras) and have no intention of buying another unless they create a whole new console, instead of just updating the old constantly.
But hey, this is a big company we're talking of. They just want more money.

It’s not that surprising if you think about it. Nintendo has been releasing new/improved versions of their handhelds about a year or so after the release of the original version since the GBA days.

Uh... it's just a screen upgrade? Why not put the GBA slot back?

Nintendo, I am disappoint.

you'll need it if you want to play the newer games :p

Now if they do THAT, I will be pissed. :| I'm still using an old DS (phat or whatever), and I see no reason to upgrade cause it still works. And if I was going to upgrade, I'd never even THINK about the DSi, it'd actually make a few games I have not work (facking region protection BS D<), not to mention I hate all that is the DSi with a passion.

but lololol, a whole 1/4th of an inch from the DSi and a whole inch from the DS/Lite.

Well, now my brother has a reason to upgrade from his Lite which has cracked hinges...

However, I'm happy with my DSi, so I don't need a DSI.

Ok, its a bigger screen. I think they are doing it to compete aganst the PSP go (which is a rip off). Of course, i can just use my DS and still have fun.

wow. If anyone that owns a DSi already buys one of these, I'll be very disappointed in that person. I mean if you don't have one sure, it's a larger screen. Just seems kinda like a pointless upgrade.
Do they really think this will boost the DSi sales? I mean if anyone wanted a DSi, they'd buy the one that was already out. They won't be like "hey, it's 12.5% bigger! I'm going to buy a DSi now."
Actually they probably will, which is sad.

May I ask, WHY, Nintendo?

I swear, this is probably the most useless upgrade to a console I have ever seen.
In the article I read when I first heard about this, one of Nintendo's reasons for releasing this upgrade is so that older people will have an easier time reading the screen.
....THE HELL? I don't know about in Japan, but in America most of the video games that old people play are on the PC, not on a handheld.

Release a true hardware upgrade next time, Nintendo.

This will be the only upgrade I will not be getting. I got the DS Lite from my DS Phat only for the weight comparison, I got the DSi for the new features, this, this is nothing, just a bigger screen. 3.25in is big enough for me.

They are doing it for the people with poor eyesight. Best excuse ever in video-game history to milk more money off of people? You bet your ass it is and I am so buying into this.

They are doing it for the people with poor eyesight. Best excuse ever in video-game history to milk more money off of people? You bet your ass it is and I am so buying into this.

Pfft, bad eye sight? You should see my glasses. Like, half (or was it more like 3/4ths-whole?) the green metal part on a pencil is the width of my glasses at the widest (and at the thinnest it's the yellow stripe). My contacts are -7.0 and -7.5. And I still use a old smaller-screened original DS. If you have THAT much trouble seeing a 3/3.5 inch screen, you shouldn't be playing video games to begin with.

(your post was sarcasm though, right? xD)

Great, I actually consider buying a DSi for my birthday because my DS lite is getting some touch screen problems (works just fine, just picture distortion on the right-hand side), and this happens. Thanks Nintendo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom