• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

I know people are pretty fed up with Kanto, but I do think Venomoth is deserving of one. It should be included in the expanded Alola dex for starters, having only ever appeared in Kanto/Johto regional dexes, and on top of that it has only one animation for its current form. It feels like Game Freak don't really like it, so maybe they should freshen it up so they do :)

As for others, Gen 2 on the VC makes me hope that some Gen 2 mons are shown love. A lot of them are very deserving of attention, but my top picks would be Sunflora, Magcargo and Octillery, I think. All of them would fit the region just fine too.

I do hope they add more Alolan forms, or any new forms will do.
I just like how they can keep refreshing an old Pokemon, I think Alolan form is a brilliant idea.
Megas were cool, but from a competitive view, they are too imbalanced for gameplay.

I hope that they do more, but no Generation I Pokemon anymore. They need to focus on the other generations.

Also I hope they make more imaginative ones like Alolan Marowak and Ninetales. All of the Alolan variations with Dark stamped on them were really boring.

I don't think they will have new Alolan Forms, instead I think these new Pokemon they talked about will be the "Ultra Forms" for Solgaleo and Lunala, a third form for Lycanroc, and possibly a new form for Mimikyu.

If they could change Alolan Raichu to Electric/Fairy, that would be great.

And yes, more forms! Just not from Kanto please. Especially if this is a time skip-more Pokemon could have been introduced to Alola and rapidly adapted giving way to new forms.

I think there should be new Formes, but not only Kanto.
Butterfree didn't get a Mega while Beedrill did.
Machamp didn't get a Mega while Alakazam and Gengar did.
Dragonite could get a new Forme given it got no Mega.

I mean I'm a Ninetales lover if you couldn't tell, but the fact that we didn't get Alolan Arcanine is just cruel. Now that I think about it, didn't a credible leaker mention several Alolan forms that didn't appear in the games? Now that we know of US/UM, it could be that those forms were being saved for these games.

I like to see Alolan form for Pokemon in Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Maybe Unova and Kalos. Not Kanto, we had been Kanto bombed last year and we're done with Kanto, so no more Kanto please. If they want to show another Kanto Pokemon getting an Alolan form, it better be Arcanine and Lapras.

Edit: Just noticed I said Kanto 4 times in one sentence and I just said Kanto 5 times in one post already.

Kanto

For Kanto, I'd like an Alolan Miniryuu family (imagine Kairyuu as Dragon\Dark or Dragon\Psychic?), Casey family (Psychic\Fairy?), the forgotten Metamon (Normal\Fairy lol instead of just being able to learn Transform, it could have other moves too), both Nidoran and... Gardie\Windie? Funny how they left cool Pokemon out and let Nassy or Betbeto\Betbeton have theirs.

I'd definitely love to see more Alola forms for other generations. I think I was more bothered by the low amount of Alola forums for Sun/Moon than just focusing on Kanto. Even with limiting it to just the first generation, there were more options they could have gone with. There are too many non-Kanto Pokemon that I could think of getting Alola forms. I still want a Water/Psychic Psyduck/Golduck. Giving Growlithe/Arcanine an Alola form would be nice. One of the rumors around Sun/Moon was Growlithe being a Water type, which seemed ridiculous before Alola forms were revealed, but maybe that can happen in these games. A Water type Growlithe/Arcanine would be adorable.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom