• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

You have sentret, hoothoot, hoppip, natu, remoraid, oddish (for bellossom), sunkern, wooper, teddiursa, slugma, phanpy

There's also Stantler, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Shuckle and Pineco.

If we're talking about Oddish then Hitmon fam and Smoochum would be good choices too.

There's also Stantler, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Shuckle and Pineco.

If we're talking about Oddish then Hitmon fam and Smoochum would be good choices too.
Yeah, I somehow don't think single stage pokemon would get alolan forms but who knows

Yeah, I somehow don't think single stage pokemon would get alolan forms but who knows

I think there's hope for single stage Alola forms. Kanto only had Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan (got a Mega), Pinsir (Mega), Tauros (Ride Pokemon and a counterpart to Miltank), Lapras (Ride Pokemon and also very iconic), Ditto (gimmicky), and Aerodactyl (Mega), none of which seem like good candidates for regional variants except maybe Farfetch'd and maybe Tauros if they were willing to give it the spotlight as a Ride Pokemon and a regional variant.

Johto on the other hand has more single stage candidates, and while some of them are very gimmicky like Smeargle, there's also Stantler, Shuckle, Qwilfish, and Girafarig, which all seem like they could work well with Alola Forms. Stantler and Qwilfish are pretty forgettable and deserving of more love, while Shuckle is basically a meme and would be very funny as USM's Exeggutor/Dugtrio.

Of course, this is GameFreak and they never seem to follow what fans think is logical, so who knows.

I think there's hope for single stage Alola forms. Kanto only had Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan (got a Mega), Pinsir (Mega), Tauros (Ride Pokemon and a counterpart to Miltank), Lapras (Ride Pokemon and also very iconic), Ditto (gimmicky), and Aerodactyl (Mega), none of which seem like good candidates for regional variants except maybe Farfetch'd and maybe Tauros if they were willing to give it the spotlight as a Ride Pokemon and a regional variant.

Johto on the other hand has more single stage candidates, and while some of them are very gimmicky like Smeargle, there's also Stantler, Shuckle, Qwilfish, and Girafarig, which all seem like they could work well with Alola Forms. Stantler and Qwilfish are pretty forgettable and deserving of more love, while Shuckle is basically a meme and would be very funny as USM's Exeggutor/Dugtrio.

Of course, this is GameFreak and they never seem to follow what fans think is logical, so who knows.
Now that you think about it we got Megas for Kanto pokemon in XY, along with exclusive Z-moves in SM, four Kanto Pokeride (Lapras, Tauros, Machamp, and Charizard), and Alolan Forms regional variant for Kanto pokemon. I wonder if they'l do something special for Johto, like new exclusive Z-moves, a new Pokeride (Everybody speculating Mantine), and possibly Alolan formes for Johto pokemon.

Well since Mantine was seen in the trailer, he's automatically out for getting an Alolan form. But I wonder if these games will introduce an Alolan Solrock and Lunatone. I mean the games are called Sun and Moon after all.

I really hope Game Freak doesn't cop-out of giving Johto something for a change. I get that they wanted to spruce up the lackluster designs of the original games, but Johto's right next to Kanto region-wise. GSC was THE offical sequel to RBY, so Johto deserves just as much attention as Kanto for that reason. It would be a shame if the Celebi thing was all we got for Johto representation in tandem with the GS Virtual Console releases.

Last edited:
Not to mention there's a lot of Johto Pokemon that could use fresh types, new abilities and more optimized stats, too. If we get variants for Sunflora, Magcargo and Octillery I think I would be satisfied.

edit: Yes, Noctowl line, too. I can't believe I forgot them!

Last edited:
Not to mention there's a lot of Johto Pokemon that could use fresh types, new abilities and more optimized stats, too. If we get variants for Sunflora, Magcargo and Octillery I think I would be satisfied.
Include Hoppip and Hoothoot in that line and I agree as well. Poor things desperately need some recognition (so do Qwilfish and Delibird but yeah)

Corsola would also be a great addition to the Alolan Forms group. :)
That would retcon the entire dex lore with it and mareanie/toxapex, so i don't see it happening (they even went out of their way to mention it in-game and have a mini-event with 2 corsola injured by mareanie)

That would retcon the entire dex lore with it and mareanie/toxapex, so i don't see it happening (they even went out of their way to mention it in-game and have a mini-event with 2 corsola injured by mareanie)
Corsola could have turned the tides by developing a hard steel-like shell.

Since USUM is an "alternate story", it could highlight the difference between the two if a Pokemon form only existed in one timeline. But then there's the issue of the Pokemon only existing in that timeline-no other Pokemon has only existed in one timeline before....

edit: Yes, Noctowl line, too. I can't believe I forgot them!
This. They're the Pokemon I'm really, really hoping gets a variation.

I don't know if I've said this here before, but an Ice/Psychic snowy owl would be great. Maybe it lost its Flying type because of the cold, and focused on developing its psychic powers instead? It could still fly though, of course.

Since USUM is an "alternate story", it could highlight the difference between the two if a Pokemon form only existed in one timeline. But then there's the issue of the Pokemon only existing in that timeline-no other Pokemon has only existed in one timeline before....

Assuming that Game Freak even put that much emphasis on "timelines" to begin with (they probably don't), couldn't it be easily argued that many, or perhaps even all, of the Pokémon introduced in Gens 6 and 7 and onward don't exist in the timeline of the "non-Mega" games?

Even aside from that, wouldn't Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions already be considered timeline-exclusive forms similar to what you're proposing?

Sorry, I think I'm not making myself clear enough- I don't mean timeline like I did in that discussion about how the games connected together (poor choice of words on my part), I meant it as in the series of events in one game only.

With games that have differences between each other in what happens, neither one is made to be the "canon" one. HGSS might be referenced, for example, but since it's never said if the hero caught Ho-Oh or Lugia, either one could be the correct story. In every set of games (at least to my knowledge), the games' plot differences mostly just rearrange existing elements-for example, even though Kyogre is never seen in Omega Ruby, it's still known to exist somewhere, just not anywhere the player could ever find it. So the games afterwards don't have to have followed any specific game-Black could have followed Diamond or Pearl, X could have followed Black(2) or White(2), and so on.

But if Corsola's form was caused by evolutionary changes over time (as the other Alolan forms are) that didn't happen in Sun and Moon, then there's a problem. It's not like Black City or White Treehollow, where it can just avoid being mentioned, because players are going to want their Pokemon to be able to be transferred up to the next game, so it'd have to make USUM the "true" games if Alolan Corsola still existed there. (which would then technically be more of a "timeline" with the other definition, but like you said, it's not likely they put much emphasis on that much)

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it-it could just be retconned as "undiscovered" in Sun/Moon and only be found on one island in USUM, which would keep the vagueness of "any game could be 'canon'" while still keeping Alolan Corsola only in USUM. (It seems to me like that's what they're going for with the new UBs, too) And since the plot is supposed to be completely different, the end result might change enough that they would have to decide whether USUM or SM are the "true" storyline anyways!

Or maybe make Corsola Electric/Steel or Electric/Ghost. Since their population was threatened by Toxapex, Corsola evolved to prey on Toxapex instead.
So there, you acknowledge the lore and expand on it.

I really want an Alolan Girafarig, and I want it done how they did Exxegutor. A super long necked giraffe (how it's meant to be).

Possibilities for typings: Ground/Psychic, Psychic/Grass, Psychic/Fairy

Or maybe make Corsola Electric/Steel or Electric/Ghost. Since their population was threatened by Toxapex, Corsola evolved to prey on Toxapex instead.
So there, you acknowledge the lore and expand on it.
Well my entire post was about me not seeing them retcon the lore they went out of their way to acknowledge in-game twice :p and it's not even about the type tbh, because water rock is already > water poison and yet here we are, corsola still gets rekt apparently. I guess if they can keep the dex entry related to being hunted by mareanie/toxapex, it's all good, but then they also have to make an excuse for how corsola became alolan..oh well. Honestly, whatever, just give me any alolan forms at all

I'm kinda surprised we don't have a pokemon based on the marimo moss ball yet. If not an entirely new pokemon, it would be very fitting for an alolan tangelo/growth with a grass/water typing. Give it access to Roll Out and Defence Curl. Maybe make Regenerator one of its normal abilities. Though I kinda doubt we'll get new Gen I Alolan forms in USUM

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom