• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Alolan forms?

They can surprise us. You didn't expect gyms to be removed or a legendary to evolve, now did you?
Well, they told us that info. They told us about island trials and we saw on the card box pack thing that Solgaleo and Lunala do evolve or come from some item.

Well, they told us that info. They told us about island trials and we saw on the card box pack thing that Solgaleo and Lunala do evolve or come from some item.

And that's different how? IIRC they fixed the Cosmoem -> Solgaleo/Lunala thing showing on the card pack, but I might be misremembering that.

Their point was Game Freak has broken tradition before, but honestly, I don't think they're doing it in Gen 7. If they do decide to do it, I'd imagine it'll be in a future Gen. It seems like they're taking small steps, though. We've got ORAS with temporary forms incompatible with XY (the forms could be battled against in DP and BW, but only as the normal forms) and now USUM with permanent forms likely incompatible with SM (Dusk Lycanroc and M20 Cap Pikachu). The next step after the permanent forms should be new species, but I'd think they start that off with like 1 Mythical first.

I have my own list of Alola Forms right here that I would find cool to see.

Spearow/Fearow: Electric/Flying
Ponyta/Rapidash: Fairy/Flying
Pinsir: Bug/Ground
Hoothoot/Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
Bonsly/Sudowoodo: Rock/Grass
Teddiursa/Ursaring: Normal/Dark
Corsola: Psychic/Rock
Phanpy/Donphan: Ground/Water
Skitty/Delcatty: Ground
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon: Bug/Dragon
Baltoy/Claydol: Steel/Electric
Skorupi/Drapion: Poison/Ground
Petilil/Lilligant: Grass/Fire
Minccino/Cinccino: Electric

This is less about new Alolan forms and more about one point about the concept that has always bothered me. I personally feel that the standard Pokémon originating from outside Gen VII shouldn't be evolving into their Alolan counterparts.

Think about it, why should this one Pikachu/Cubone/Exeggcute who's been born and raised in a region like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Kalos suddenly become Alolan Raichu/Marowak/Exeggutor just because the evolution happened in Alola? I don't understand why when they haven't grown up in the region or been forced to adapt to the the same selective pressures as their cousins.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I feel like it takes a big dump over the real world phenomena if you ask me and I hope USUM fixes this.

I think no for Alolan Pikachu out of pure spite. They didn't give me Cosplay Raichu? No, thanks, no need for an Alolan Pikachu. Any new Pikachu forms can stay in hell.

GameFreak sometimes forgets that some people evolve their Pikachu. Nope, Pikachu cannot steal Raichu's limelight this time (The Ash-Forms don't exist for me).

Tbh I think the forms that stayed the same are fitting enough. What I really actually hope for is some Johto variations. Plenty of candidates and the GS release is conspicuously timed

I kinda like the sound of an Alolan Smoochum and Jynx, as well as several Alolan forms for Johto Pokémon.
Bellossom. Or it should at least be included. Psychic/something Smoochum/Jynx would be great. Fighting could potentially be interesting? A Water/Dark variant of Chinchou and Lantern would be cool too

In my opinion, there should be an Alolan Pichu and Pikachu, as well as an Alolan Exeggcute and Cubone.

I think no for Alolan Pikachu out of pure spite. They didn't give me Cosplay Raichu? No, thanks, no need for an Alolan Pikachu. Any new Pikachu forms can stay in hell.

GameFreak sometimes forgets that some people evolve their Pikachu. Nope, Pikachu cannot steal Raichu's limelight this time (The Ash-Forms don't exist for me).

No Alolan form for Pikachu makes sense, at least. It'd mean people would be unable to catch the mascot in Sun/Moon as Alolan Pikachu wouldn't be the mascot, that would be the Pikachu we've known all these years.

Can't really explain Pichu, Exeggcute, and Cubone, but here's a question. How the heck do you even make a Grass/Dragon Exeggcute? I personally don't mind that those four didn't get anything, though, as it adds some variety in how regional variants are handled, so I hope we get some more like those. I'd also like to see a regional variant that doesn't change typing somewhere down the line, just appearance, stats, and movepool.

EDIT: ... That actually could fit with the starters, if they decide to give any of them regional variants.

I don't see them doing an Alolan Exeggecute, Cubone, or Pikachu, and if they have more Alolan forms in these new games, I can imagine we will get a couple more Pokemon where the evolution is different (Though I do hope we get more full lines).

I hope we get more than just Johto, and Kanto Pokemon as new forms, but I don't see that happening, just because last game, but I hope we do get way more Alolan forms than we got in the last game, to really expand on the concept of it.

At first I was off about the idea of the Johto starters getting new forms, but I have to say, thinking about it now, I would't mind it. Yeah, I think it's more likely that they ill get exclusive Z-Moves, which would be cool, but I think it would be pretty dope if they got an alternate form. It would be interesting that in their home region, their speceis doesnt do very well, and there aren't many, but in a thriving region like Alola, they were able to adapt to do very well, so that you can find them in the wild. Now I can imagine they will be a relatively uncommon encounter, but it would be really cool. What really warmed me up to this idea was some awesome fanart I found.

Other Johto/Kanto Alolan Pokemon I'd like to see are here (Yes there's a couple gen 4's in there, but they evolve from gen 2s)
Jynx (Psychic/Water)
Sentret/Furret (Normal/Ground or Normal/Fighting)
Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)
Ponyta/Rapidash (Electric/Flying)
Mantine (Water/Fairy)
Aipom/Ambipom (Grass/Ground)
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss (I have no idea what type i want to see, I just want to see something)
Phanphy/Donphan (Grass/Ground) (while I do like the idea of a water Elephant, I want to save that for a new gen)
Marill/Azumarill (Electric) (to pay a little homage to the Pikablu myth)
Sneasel/Weavile (Dark/Fire or Dark/Electric, maybe Dark/Steel).

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom