• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview New Animated Series: Pokemon Concierge

SammyW27

Reaction score
Overshadowed by SV DLC and Pokemon Sleep (for some reason), a new Pokemon animated is coming to Netflix.

1677535908223.png

It will be stop-motion and focus on a woman working at a Pokemon Resort with Psyduck as her partner. Most likely slice of life and chill, which sounds it could be nice change of pace from all the action and wackiness we usually get.
Unfortunately, it's going to Netflix Jail...<_<

Isn't this the first time we're getting a stop motion series? Cause that's honestly pretty cool.

This is from the same animation studio who did Rilakkuma and Kaoru as well.

Last edited:
I know I'm not the only one who was expecting the live action show when they mentioned Netflix lol It's possible that this project evolved from that or that there was some sort of miscomunication.

Stop motion is pleasant to look at and as seen with the Voltorb short it can fit Pokemon pretty well, also the plot makes me think each episode will focus on a different Pokemon guest so it will be fun to see.

The anime receiving competition from another series should be big news but as this will most likely be 8-10 11 minute episodes released in a single day I don't think it will make big waves.

I wonder how a Pokemon battle would work in Stop-Motion.

Given the apparent nature of the show, I get the feeling there will be little battling. Especially since Pokemon are going to this place to relax and chill from battling in the first place. :p

Still, if they do battle, I imagine they'll get some CG assistance for various moves.

Also, please check out Oni: A Thunder God's Tale, another stop-motion work from from Studio Dwarf for a taste of what we could get.
In fact, here's the trailer for it:

Given the apparent nature of the show, I get the feeling there will be little battling. Especially since Pokemon are going to this place to relax and chill from battling in the first place. :p

Still, if they do battle, I imagine they'll get some CG assistance for various moves.

Also, please check out Oni: A Thunder God's Tale, another stop-motion work from from Studio Dwarf for a taste of what we could get.
In fact, here's the trailer for it:
That one's REALLY good! An homage to JP culture, heartwarming and sincere in what it tries to approach. Also yes, that animation studio has been dropping nothing but really good things lately. So excited!

The fur textures are very cute and they really work on the monkey trio, but I have my doubts they will work on every Pokemon.

A December release means that the chances of Horizons being released before 2024 are lower in my opinion...

Horizons already aired lol (oh wait, you meant its dub, didn’t you?)
And, this looks interesting. Why did I think it was called Pokémon Horizons a few months ago?

Horizons already aired lol (oh wait, you meant its dub, didn’t you?)
And, this looks interesting. Why did I think it was called Pokémon Horizons a few months ago?

Horizons is a different series.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten this sooner, looks like the Kuma show they were doing on Netflix, maybe it's made by the same people too. Excited to see how it is!

Trailer!

Yep. Slice of life and chill. It's like the Nick Junior/Disney Playhouse version Pokemon. :LOL:

Though some of the humans kind of look like they just came from Aardman or Laika. Not that thats' a bad thing, mind you.

Though do we think this will be dubbed & released outside of Japan??? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom