• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Animated Transformers Series!

Laugh, Weep, or Rejoice?

• Laugh

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Weep

• Rejoice

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
~When there's trouble you know who to call!
Transformers!
From Cybertron they can see it all!
When Decipticons are on the attack!
You can rest knowing they've got your back!
Robots in Disguise!
Transformers GO!~

~When there's trouble you know who to call!
Transformers!
From Cybertron they can see it all!
When Decipticons are on the attack!
You can rest knowing they've got your back!
Robots in Disguise!
Transformers GO!~
I was so expecting this! Hee.

Their human friend looks absolutely grotesque, like some sort of Tim Burton character with gigantic eyes. I keep on expecting to watch her neck snap in half.

Oh, and by the way:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Angry_Archer

Surely the Green Arrow's evil twin is a worthy opponent for giant alien war machines!

Last edited:
You guys don't know what's good for you. It's like Teen Titans, you get used to the designs eventually and roll with it.

This is going to be a million times more awesome than all the crap that's been produced after Beast Wars ended. If only because they have a Blackarachnia. And a Grimlock. And a Starscream who is a whiny backstabbing bitch.

Well, it really hasn't made a good first impression on me.

You guys don't know what's good for you. It's like Teen Titans, you get used to the designs eventually and roll with it.

After Teen Titans, Ben 10, the Batman, and the Legion of Superheroes, this style is getting REALLY played out and I'm pretty damn sick of it.

You're such party poopers. Suddenly I'm hoping David Willis is right in his assumption that it'll be as good as Beast Wars.

Quite true.

I'm a huge Bumblebee fan and I admit, I wasn't sure if I really liked his design in Animated. But the more I looked at it, the more I found that I liked it. It's really grown on me over the last few weeks; I can't help but think he's just so adorably cute now. And I had to be one of the biggest doubters out there!

This is going to be a million times more awesome than all the crap that's been produced after Beast Wars ended. If only because they have a Blackarachnia. And a Grimlock. And a Starscream who is a whiny backstabbing bitch.

If they can tell some good stories, I'll be very happy; we haven't had any for a while. Armada and Energon, anyone? Those two just made me wanna cry. Ugh, just UGH. >.<

If they can tell some good stories, I'll be very happy; we haven't had any for a while. Armada and Energon, anyone? Those two just made me wanna cry. Ugh, just UGH. >.<

Oh, I dunno, the last ten or so episodes of Armada (the only part of Armada that had a plot, really) were pretty cool. I actually ended up liking their Starscream. Kind of shocking. Energon, though... and then Cybertron, that was WORSE. The horrid CGI didn't help Energon and Cybertron at all. I've seen better CGI in the evolution sequences in Digimon Adventure, and that anime is from 1999.

See, this is the problem with Transformers. Not enough people know that it has its origins in comics. So, apparently, people have missed the two or three or four threads about this in the comics section. Including the most recent that offers a clip of the show, episode titles+synopses for the first 29 episodes, and a look at the upcoming tie-in comic.

Behold what has already been spoken.

If only there was a mod or admin to move this to the proper place.

Oh, I dunno, the last ten or so episodes of Armada (the only part of Armada that had a plot, really) were pretty cool. I actually ended up liking their Starscream.

Oh heavens, Starscream. His was the one story arch in Armada that had me hooked. I loved him. And I cried so hard during his final scenes.

Kind of shocking. Energon, though...

What really bothered me about Energon was its story, or lack thereof. The characters didn't really help matters either. I couldn't be bothered to care about any of them. None at all. Try as I might, I simply could not get drawn in which caused me to lose interest fast.

I've never seen the end of Energon. I have on idea how that story is resolved.

and then Cybertron, that was WORSE. The horrid CGI didn't help Energon and Cybertron at all. I've seen better CGI in the evolution sequences in Digimon Adventure, and that anime is from 1999.

CGI aside, I enjoyed Cybertron simply because I enjoyed the story. And I actually cared about the characters. I had to know what would happen to Vector Prime and the Mini-Cons. I liked most of the human as well, which was a huge switch from how I felt about Energon and to a degree, Armada. Cyberton made me care about what may happen next, so it got me hooked pretty quick. I'm hoping Animated does the same. (They do have my interest; I'm gonna have to know what will happen to Bumblebee!)

See, this is the problem with Transformers. Not enough people know that it has its origins in comics.

Transformers didn't have its origins in the comics... the animated series from 1984 came first, and the toys came even before that.

Transformers didn't have its origins in the comics... the animated series from 1984 came first, and the toys came even before that.

Not...quite. You see, it was actually Marvel writers who came up with the storyline that accompanied the toys, and the names of, basically, every Transformer from Generation One. While the cartoon was developed separately and differed from the comic, the fact is that the comic book influence came FIRST. And is KEY to all that came after it. If not for Marvel's then-Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter and writers Bud Budiansky and Denny O'Neill, Transformers as we know it....wouldn't exist (not to say it would have been any less successful, but there would be no "Optimus Prime", no "Megatron", no...any of the others).

And, yes, the toys DID exist first, but as part of two OTHER toylines (Microman and Diaclone, with most of the cars coming from Diaclone and Soundwave, Shockwave, and a few others coming from Microman).

I've been a Transformers fan AND a comic fan for most of my life. Don't presume to think that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Not...quite. You see, it was actually Marvel writers who came up with the storyline that accompanied the toys, and the names of, basically, every Transformer from Generation One. While the cartoon was developed separately and differed from the comic, the fact is that the comic book influence came FIRST. And is KEY to all that came after it. If not for Marvel's then-Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter and writers Bud Budiansky and Denny O'Neill, Transformers as we know it....wouldn't exist (not to say it would have been any less successful, but there would be no "Optimus Prime", no "Megatron", no...any of the others).

I owe a lot to Bob Budiansky. If he ever comes to another BotCon, I'll have to thank him in person. I didn't have a chance to do so the last time.

I've been a Transformers fan AND a comic fan for most of my life. Don't presume to think that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Prime, izzat you?
I kid, I kid.

Anyway, speaking of comics, IDW is going to publish a Transformers Animated comic. It'll hit shelves January 2008. I'm not normally a comic book person but I'm probably going to pick this up. We have about two weeks until the "movie" premier, about a month for the comic and I simply cannot wait. I haven't been this excited for a Transformers series since Beast Wars!

I must be the world's biggest loser. :lol:

And, yes, the toys DID exist first, but as part of two OTHER toylines (Microman and Diaclone, with most of the cars coming from Diaclone and Soundwave, Shockwave, and a few others coming from Microman).

...uh-huh. That's not enough to say that G1's origin is in comics. I mean, the comic still didn't come first, did it? Mmm? I didn't think so.

...uh-huh. That's not enough to say that G1's origin is in comics. I mean, the comic still didn't come first, did it? Mmm? I didn't think so.

May 1984 saw the release of the first issue of the Transformers comic.

September 1984 saw the premiere of the initial "More Than Meets the Eye" pilot.

While the two WERE developed separately, they both are derived from the basic ideas devised by Denny O'Neil, Bud Budiansky, and Jim Shooter, as I already stated. Character names, and the plots seen on the toy boxes were developed by these men.

Nothing annoys me more than being doubted when I'm positive, and people always fight me so damned hard when I'm ultimately right. I rarely make claims I can't back up. And, if I can't back them up, I back down. On this...there is no backing down. I'm right. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom