• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New animé predictions by the TCG?

ZoraJolteon

TSEER!
Reaction score
Details of a new mini-promo set have just been released, and considering that the last Meiji set contained Marshtomp Donphan and Eevee long before they made their animé appearences, I feel this is worthy of some consideration.
next_02.jpg

Pikachu: Ash's
Wobbuffet: Jessie's
Squirtle: May's
Meowth: TR's
Flygon: Drew's (possible indication that he'll be returning with Harley at the next contest or the one after?)
Chimecho: James' (presumably it finally returns)
Sceptile: What everyone's already been speculating with the Tropius episode.
Lati@s: Obviously not captures, but maybe a suggestion that they'll be an episode similar to the Celebi one featuring them.
Pidgey: The most confusing. If I had to make a guess, I'd lean towards it being Harley's new Pokémon to use against Munchlax, since May's other rival has a card, and the idea of humiliating May with a weak little bird seems to fit.

Heh, love the Sceptile there. The Pidgey is confusing, since Pidgey is such a common Pokemon that I don't know why it's there.

Flygon is most likely Drew's, he'll still be in the show until May beats him at a Grand Festival. So no worries there.

Flygon and Chimecho are not necessarily returns since we know who they belong to... But this does seem to confirm a Grovyle evolution.

OH god, I hope the Pidgey isn't one of May's new Pokemon. Considering the writers love giving May Pokemon Ash used to have (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Munchlax/Snorlax) as well as similar Pokemon (Beautifly being a throwback to Butterfree), I sincerely HOPE that May doesn't get a Pidgey just because Ash had a Pidgeot.

I mean c'mon writers, we know you're trying to tell us that May and Ash are alike and have similar personalities and are the co-stars of the series. But giving May all the same Pokemon as Ash isn't the answer! Seriously, that Pidgey better not be a future May capture. She has enough of Ash's Pokemon as it is.

Squirtle is already there, and the other characetrs only have one of their Pokémon on a card. So I am going with Harley at the moment.

May catching a Pidgey is possible, since she doesn't have a flying type. And the fact that the writers love shoving down our throats that May has similarities to Ash. As if the Contest/Badge poses aren't enough. :p

Scott85 said:
May catching a Pidgey is possible, since she doesn't have a flying type. And the fact that the writers love shoving down our throats that May has similarities to Ash. As if the Contest/Badge poses aren't enough. :p
You seem to love to shove that phrase down our throats, Cyber.

I'm not on the bandwagon that says this is May's. At the same time, I'm not on the one that says this is going to be Harley's. With something as.... awkward as a Pidgey, I'm going to hold my opinion on it.

Sceptile is pretty damn sweet though.

Pidgey? o_O Ordinary much? Bah, now it's just a matter of time before someone speculates that it's what's going to hatch from May's egg. :p

As for the rest of them - SWEET, Chimecho! I was hoping James would get it back. And it's about time Grovyle evolved, too. I hope the Flygon card indicates a Drew-reappearance some time in the next decade. It's been too long since I've seen him.

Max is probably the most deserving person, but that would make the Ralts episode pointless.

And Eevee already hatched from the egg.

I reckon Chimecho's in there simply to counteract Wobbuffet. And the reason it's not Manene is simply because it's a 4th Gen Pokemon. I'm not sure if these are actually Promos or not, but next-gen Pokemon generally are promo alone before they're officially released in a new set. As far as I'm aware anyway.

I really don't think Chimecho will be returning only a couple of eps after leaving. Especially since Manene is doing such a great comedy job.

I disagree, the writers have kept Chimecho in the opening for a reason. They could have easily taken Chimecho out of the opening when it left but they didn't, it's likely that it will return.

EDIT: And only a couple of eps? Uh, it's been quite awhile since it left actually.

I'm going to go out on a limb and agree that Pidgey is probably Max's first Pokemon? Why? Well, several reasons.

First of all, it's a very first "my first monster" sort of Pokemon. Not rare or exceptional or strong. Giving a Pokemon like that to Max would allow him to finally have one of the damn things and at the same time not steal limelight away from the other characters.

Second of all, it's incredibly boring. I don't think the writers would give one to May. All she's gotten lately are rare or especially powerful Pokemon - Squirtle, Munchlax, and now Eevee. Pidgey would seem like a definate step down.

Third, Max's whole character revolving around wanting something he can't have is beginning to wear a little thin. Finally seeing him interact with something of his own would freshen him up a bit. Plus Pidgey could be great comedy relief if done right (the picture on the card makes me think of a snooty, stuck-up weakling).

Finally, I think we can pretty much forget about Ralts. This isn't exactly a series known for following continuity too well.

I disagree, the writers have kept Chimecho in the opening for a reason. They could have easily taken Chimecho out of the opening when it left but they didn't, it's likely that it will return.

EDIT: And only a couple of eps? Uh, it's been quite awhile since it left actually.

It's only been 9. The only Pokemon to break that record is Primape.

Also - how exactly could Chimecho return without the entire group doubling back and going back to the mansion to pick it up? It's not as if James can phone up Prof Oak and ask him to send it over like Ash can.

It's gone.

The people looking after Chimecho could seek him out. (Or send someone with Chimecho - A great chance for a Jessibelle return!) But as Zeta said, this isn't a series for continuity. Chimecho is there because it was around for over a year and is the Pokémon most linked to James.

The gang have been traveling through Kanto at record speed. There's no reason we can't stop off at that place again for James to see his Chimecho before this saga is over.

The writers have been updating the new opening with new captures/evolutions, if Chimecho was gone for good, it wouldn't still be in the opening after all this time.

The reason they can't go back is that it is not on their route. They are now well past the mansion and are returning to Pallet Town via the Seafoam Islands.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom