• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New animé predictions by the TCG?

Max is going to get on Pidgey and fly to get Ralts. :p

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say that this isn't the first time the TCG has given clues to what is going to happen in the Anime. With Eidolon Forest, the Mew TCG set, we knew what Pokemon were in it before we knew what Pokemon were going to be in the movie, which turned out to be the same Pokemon from the set in the movie. So, I would say the Sceptile thing is for sure.

Last edited:
deja0entendu said:
how do you know that?

1) The Frontier Brains appear in order in the opening. This means that the last three facilities will be in this order: Palace, Tower, Pyramid. (Pyramid is already confirmed to be last anyway.)

2) The map in the Oak's lab episode show that the next facility (after Pike) is at the Seafoam Islands, followed by one near the Tohjo Falls. (The location of the final facility is as yet unknown.)

*gigglesnort* Pidgey.

...just...Pidgey. I can't take that seriously. You have all these Pokémon like Flygon and the Lati's and... then you have Pidgey.

Wow.

I notice, however, that they seem to have new or current Pokémon for all the major characters likely to have them... with the exception of Brock.

Brock getting a Pidgey... I can't decide if that would be a really good thing or a really bad thing. XD I'm with the crowd who think it'd be most suiting for Max, even though the chances of Max getting a Pokémon are extremely slim to none.

Max is only really likely to get a Pokemon at the start and end of a series. Although there really is no other character who could seriously take a Pidgey. Even May would find no luck in a Pidgey - it's well demonstrated to have an extremely limited moveset of Peck, Gust and Sand Attack. That really only leaves a combo of Gust and Sand Attack and therefore is pretty useless in contests.

It makes sense for it to be Max, but it is very much a wait-and-see thing.

Can someone provide scans? Because, you know, maybe we should see if the Jukain has a twig in its mouth.

Well, that's interesting. I must say, I'm extremely surprised to hear that Chiriin may be returning, as I assumed we would never see it again. The writers have a terrible disregard for continuity.

And Poppo is completely out of left field.

Wow,I really hope that's supposed to be Ash's new Sceptile.

If Grovyle does evolve in the Tropius episode,then we're one step closer to Ash having all three of the ferocious lizard starters on his team.Then all we'd need is Totodile to join up with Ash again,and have him evolve into Feraligatr. =D

Having a team of Charizard,Feraligatr,and Sceptile also does a nice job of representing all three of the main regions that Ash has visited.Not to mention that all three of them together would look completely badass.

Nomekop Oen said:
Wow,I really hope that's supposed to be Ash's new Sceptile.

If Grovyle does evolve in the Tropius episode,then we're one step closer to Ash having all three of the ferocious lizard starters on his team.Then all we'd need is Totodile to join up with Ash again,and have him evolve into Feraligatr. =D

Having a team of Charizard,Feraligatr,and Sceptile also does a nice job of representing all three of the main regions that Ash has visited.Not to mention that all three of them together would look completely badass.

Yeah totally agree totodile would rock the house as feraligatr but saying that it's pretty much an unstoppable team just them alone so they might not let it happen.

The Pidgey certainly is an interesting card to feature. It would be great if it was the one Professor Oak caught back in the Johto region. That, or have the Battle Pyramid team be Latios/Latias/Pidgey.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom