• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl se

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl series ...

TV Tokyo have announced on their official website for the Pokémon anime today that the Diamond and Pearl arc of the Pokémon will conclude in Japan in the third quarter of this year.

Read more on Bulbanews

★ Prince of Ampora ★
Reaction score
Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Good to know, good to know. I personally hope this means Dawn will take a hike.
I hope if there is a new "Pokégirl", she's bearable.

Explore.
Reaction score
Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Well.... 'tis a-comin' folks. 'Tis a-comin'... it's been awesome, and now we get to start a new season/arc after 4 years.

So I'm assuming that the US will be getting this episodes around the same time as our Black and White releases, sometime next spring?

All of the bara
Reaction score

Oh great! I can't wait!

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

So I'm assuming that the US will be getting this episodes around the same time as our Black and White releases, sometime next spring?
Don't go assuming things. Ruby and Sapphire came out three months before Advanced came out in US. But anyway, I couldn't care less about the anime in America.

Reaction score

And...here goes the anime with another reboot for the next 4 years!

The anime now feels like its stuck in an endless loop. Every 4 years the anime is rebooted with a new female character and Ash leaves behind his previous Pokemon.

For god sakes, I hope next generation changes things up a bit. I wonder if both Contests and Brock are on their way out, (I'm sure Dawn's leaving either way).

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

Well, there we go. Proof. No transition arc. Just a move from DP to BW.

Hexagon Addiction
Reaction score

Thanks for the information and at same time, :(. I loved Pokemon Diamond & Pearl arc and I'll miss Piplup. Anyway, looking forward for new upcoming arc.

Fury will consume you!
Reaction score

I bet they'll get rid of Brock because of racism issues now. Since people already have issues with the games' names, imagine the public outrage when they see there's a guy with a darker skin tone in anime series called "Pokémon Black and White". Now they've seriously got a reason to fear people having issues with Brock's appearance.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

racism? There hasn't been any racism issues at all.

On a Stranded Shore
Reaction score

no more Piplup abuse :( but also no more bubblebeam every half second. You win, you lose. Call me nuts, but I'm excited for this. Brock can stay, but he better start doing something. I'm not ready to give up Croagunk. Contests can go for all I care.

I bet they'll get rid of Brock because of racism issues now. Since people already have issues with the games' names, imagine the public outrage when they see there's a guy with a darker skin tone in anime series called "Pokémon Black and White". Now they've seriously got a reason to fear people having issues with Brock's appearance.
Tracey was brought in to replace Brock because the core team feared Brock would be a racial stereotype to the western public. It wasn't the case.
Also, those who are gonna bitch about it have no grounds on which to base their opinions. The show's been running for roughly 12 years already. Little late to pull the race card.

Reaction score

I admit, I lol'd.

I expect Brock to do the same thing in the next saga that he's been doing for the last 10 years:

Absolutely nothing.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Agree that it is probz gonna be another loop, but I am fine with loops. Will be interesting to see how the character line up get affected. I have a higher chance of watching it if Dawn stays, but most unlikely.

It's tasting time!
Reaction score

Lol well, what are you people expecting? That we'll get blood sex and gore in this new series? Of course it's going to be the same formula. Not like I mind, since I watch the show for pure fun and entertainment, not because it's serious business.

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score

"Pokémon Black and White" , which will be abbreviated to "Pokémon BW".

To be honest, I'd really like it if the new girl WASN'T a co-ordinator...trainer or PokéAthlete.

Reaction score

All I can say is this;

What did you expect?

Last edited:
The Possibly Fake
Reaction score

All I can say is this;

What can you expect?
1) Ash will revert to being a n00b.
2) Pikachu will fry new-girl's bike.
3) Ash will catch new region's common bird
4) Brock will randomly appear with a non-native Pokémon.
5) Brock won't do anything.
6) Ash will challenge gyms
7) New girl will challenge contests/Pokéathlon
8) Brock still don't do anything.
9) Ash will lose league.

Load of Belloni
Reaction score

Gotta say, I haven't been this disinterested in the show since it first started. Truthfully, even the league hasn't really got me eager to watch, so I'll be glad when the D/P series is over, if only for the faux-freshness the next one will offer. Hopefully that will entail the combined dullness of Dawn and Brock being given the ol' heave-ho.

Reaction score

Gotta say, I haven't been this disinterested in the show since it first started. Truthfully, even the league hasn't really got me eager to watch, so I'll be glad when the D/P series is over, if only for the faux-freshness the next one will offer. Hopefully that will entail the combined dullness of Dawn and Brock being given the ol' heave-ho.
I kinda agree. I don't know if its the fact that the show has just gone on too long or the characters have decayed themselves, but there really needs to be a bigger shake-up next gen.

I kinda assume the next saga will be Sinnoh 2.0 in terms of structure, I really don't know what will change aside from the usual new female character formula.

I really don't see where the show can go from here to be honest other than similar to what DP did.

grass princess
Reaction score

Ooh, I'm getting excited. DP had its ups and downs, and now I can't wait to see what the new series has to offer. ^_^

If Dawn leaves (and I'm 99% sure she will), I really, really hope Gen V girl replaces her, because I think she's absolutely adorable. I just hope the writers would use her to her full potential.