• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Oh gosh. I'm going to be very sad. VERY. SAD. DP was my favorite series. It had most of my favorite characters, plots, arcs, etc. The worst is that my favorite PokeGirl might be leaving. Dawn gave life to the show. :(

I'll still probably like it anyway. The girl better be awesome and the plot better be good. :/

Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Dawn's likely on her way out. I'm sure she'll get the usual 3-4 ep cameo in the next saga though.

1) Ash will revert to being a n00b.
2) Pikachu will fry new-girl's bike.
3) Ash will catch new region's common bird
4) Brock will randomly appear with a non-native Pokémon.
5) Brock won't do anything.
6) Ash will challenge gyms
7) New girl will challenge contests/Pokéathlon
8) Brock still don't do anything.
9) Ash will lose league.

you forgot

10) Ash will catch the new region's grass-type starter.
11) Ash will wear a dress or other girly clothes in a episode.

you forgot

11) Ash will wear a dress or other girly clothes in a episode.

ONE MORE THING!

12) Ash and friends will imitate the new team Rocket modo at least once

I miss the days when the anime was unpredictable... sure the first saga is just like the others, but at the time we had no others to compare it too and didn't realize that it was going to stop going in new directions... it was exciting to be able to say "Maybe Ash will meet up with his dad and fly into space to rescue Brock from Pikablu!" and actually have some hope that it would happen, back in the days when the hundreds of cliches it still clings too today were each a new twist that we thought was incredible. Back in the days when we still thought foolishly that Ash, Misty and Brock would continue to develop more and more over the years, instead of the rut we're in of "Which generic lolicon outfit girl will be the new 10-year-old-eye-candy for the kids that don't even know who Tracey is" every three or so years. It's not that the old series was better, but it was more exciting the first time Ash caught a bird and made fun of the Rocket moddo. Maybe the B&W saga will cling true to the games' supposed philosophy of entirely revolutionizing everything, and I truly hope that they will... but I doubt it :(

And, Ash's badges will get stolen from him somehow. =P

I know this didn't happen in D/P. Too bad, cause I would've loved to see an episode like that.

and a some other girl will actually fall in love with him... A girl will do the same for Brock... new shippings are born...

Well, this was obvious. I'm pleased to see the end of DP, not that I didn't enjoy it but I'm definitely bored of it now. I hope contests get dropped. I hope either Dawn stays or Misty or May come back (NO MORE GIRLS!!!!)
I also hope Brock stays around but gets a lot more focus than he's been getting. I'm happy to keep following Ash but I hope his personality lightens a bit and he regains the ability makes us laugh occasionally like the old Ash.

I'm very happy at the thought of no more Piplup, and I wont miss any of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon when he leaves them with Oak predictably.

I'm not fussed if Paul sticks around next gen or not.

I miss the days when the anime was unpredictable...

DP was the very definition of unpredictable, and a big reason why it's my favorite Pokemon series. I'll definitely be sad when the last episode airs. :-(

Hopefully Tomioka can do the series construction for the new series as well and make things even better than they are now.

I can't say DP was my favorite, since I've only seen DP155-172, and a couple every once in a while before that, but I started to like it.
Can't wait for the first episode of BW.. hopefully, the animators don't go overboard on the effects.

DP was the very definition of unpredictable, and a big reason why it's my favorite Pokemon series. I'll definitely be sad when the last episode airs. :-(

Hopefully Tomioka can do the series construction for the new series as well and make things even better than they are now.

Perhaps the structure of the Galactic Battles arc was unpredictable, as well as much of the Team Rocket material, but the same formula was still followed- ditch the old girl, get a new girl that looks like the girl in the games, blow up her bike, get rid of the old Pokemon, catch a bird, get badges while the girl just does contests because battles are too hard for poor little defenseless females, and now here we are again, about to finish a league and start the cycle again. I won't argue with the fact that DP did better than the past couple of sagas, but even Kanto had a few points where the story went cool places, like the SS Anne (it didn't sink in the games, one of the few places where they used more freedom) and Mewtwo arcs (seriously, that was a pretty cool way to shake things up from the games) and DP still at least started with the basic formula, and it looks like unless something hugely different happens with the league it's going to end the same way.

DP was a step up from the last half of AG, and did the best job of straying from the games in plot since Season One, but I still would like to see a bit more risk taking. Not Orange Islands "DROP THE GAMES ENTIRELY FILLER TIME" risks, but maybe keep the girl this time, give her a scooter and NOT DESTROY IT, keep the old Pokemon as a starting point or have a bit more character development with the current group. I mean, yeah, Jesse got some great stuff last time... but Brock was like, just there so they could say "SEE, HE' S STILL HERE" and Ash... well, I shouldn't expect much from him anyway.

Last edited:

Introducing Pokemon: Black and White, the first all greyscale digitally produced anime!

you forgot

Only if assume the no new main character will ever get a grass type starter. I mean May got a fire type, Dawn got a Water type, are we sure the possible new girl will have to choose only between the fire and water starters, sounds boring, uncreative, and repetitive.

But!

We should wait until we see the starters before deciding who gets what, assuming they even allow some time for people to guess, and they don't just blatantly advertise (reveal) the new starters with the characters. Sort of like they did with DP (although I'm sure the starters were revealed at least awhile before then.

Only if assume the no new main character will ever get a grass type starter. I mean May got a fire type, Dawn got a Water type, are we sure the possible new girl will have to choose only between the fire and water starters, sounds boring, uncreative, and repetitive.

But!

We should wait until we see the starters before deciding who gets what, assuming they even allow some time for people to guess, and they don't just blatantly advertise (reveal) the new starters with the characters. Sort of like they did with DP (although I'm sure the starters were revealed at least awhile before then.

I agree if Ash catches the Grass starter everytime its gonna get repetitive. Hopefully the girl gets the Grass starter this time and Ash can capture the water starter and finally evolve one of his main water pokemon (Kingler's more of a secondary pokemon IMO)

To be honest everyone is right. The show has simply gone on so long now that even when they DO new things and bring new ideas to the show, it gets stale very quickly.

Ash and Brock don't really have personalities anymore and James/Meowth got lost in the background in the first half of DP.

Paul stayed too one-dimensional for my tastes and some of Dawn's rivals were just forgettable and/or poorly handled.

The show is now stuck in a rut of bringing in a new female character every 4 years, going through the beginning trainer stuff yet again, and Ash resetting his team.

The show has simply gone on so long now that even when they DO new things and bring new ideas to the show, it gets stale very quickly.

That's just your own (and maybe some other people) personal opinion - not a fact... for me, every saga is much better than all previous ones:
DP > BF > Hoenn > Johto > Orange > Kanto
I totally expect BW to be even better... though it'll be sad if Dawn does leave

Ash and Brock don't really have personalities anymore

They have, you're blind

and James/Meowth got lost in the background in the first half of DP.

As you said, first half only... in the recent year they actually got a few nice eps and if they'll get a little more than that next gen, they (and Brock) will be great

Paul stayed too one-dimensional for my tastes

I can't see this either...

some of Dawn's rivals were just forgettable and/or poorly handled.

Not nearly as you make it... I actually liked most of them
Friendly rivals were a new idea and not a bad one at all
They were fitting for Dawn's story of losing her confidence - and after that was resolved, we got Ursula

The show is now stuck in a rut of bringing in a new female character every 4 years, going through the beginning trainer stuff yet again, and Ash resetting his team.

You don't have to watch it if you don't like how it is
Also, we still don't really know what will be the cast of next gen... I still think Dawn has a little chance to lose the GF and stay

To be honest everyone is right. The show has simply gone on so long now that even when they DO new things and bring new ideas to the show, it gets stale very quickly.

Ash and Brock don't really have personalities anymore and James/Meowth got lost in the background in the first half of DP.

Paul stayed too one-dimensional for my tastes and some of Dawn's rivals were just forgettable and/or poorly handled.

For God's sake, Scott, if you're this bored with the show, then quit watching it already. Yeah, we know the show's predictable and cyclical, but we don't care 'cause it's still fun to watch.

For God's sake, Scott, if you're this bored with the show, then quit watching it already. Yeah, we know the show's predictable and cyclical, but we don't care 'cause it's still fun to watch.

I still enjoy the anime, and I'll check out the beginning of the next generation, and see where I go from there.

But now I'm starting to realize why so many people gave up watching the anime all those years ago. I don't really want to turn into those people, so I'll see if the beginning of the next arc does something different.

Scott, you know very well that you'll forever watch this show so just stop this ridiculous complaining... you'll never stop watching, so just enjoy it

So I guess those rumors that Ash will no longer be in the anime were wrong? Technically, though, this article doesn't say anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom