• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

After the announcement of the GF and league, I question if even I can make a most likely scenario. The core may be the same, as I don't see them messing with that too much, but how they ultimately make that play out is something I can't say. Only fundamentally is everything about the anime same. All else is told differently or even subverted, as DP did a lot. I feel like everything I used to know was wrong, and I don't know what the truth is anymore. Same? Does that sound like the words of someone that has experienced something that is a carbon copy what was done previously? I think not. Mind you, I am not expecting the anime to all of a sudden be like Death Note. Nor am I an advocate of trashing Ash and possibly even Brock. Will he have a new traveling companion? Most likely. This is a new generation, and we must have the character from that generation. What will they do? I have absolutely no idea. I'm not calling anything until we know more features from the games, since that is what it needs to promote. Since Brock is little more than the personification of the running gag now, I look forward to seeing more quirky pokemon in his party. Will something inherit Croagunk's job as Brock pacifier? I'm willing to go with Kasumi. Let's just enjoy the ride, and not worry about where it ends up.

Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Oh well all good things must come to an end, let us hope this is not the true end. Personally, I do think it's disrespectful to Dawn if she is axed, in effect 'thrown away like yesterdays Jam'. But then again that was the same thing with May. It's times like these that you are reminded that the anime, merely carries on these days (well outside of Japan, at least); to sell the computer games of the franchise. It all used to be, so different also, I've touched upon this before so I won't go any further into it, as it will only lead to an argument or five.

But let me just say this, if Dawn does leave and if Brock leaves too and we get totally 'new' characters I will personally feel let down as a fan. Seriously I have only just started liking Dawn's personality and now she may be leaving, which is overtly typical. Make a character liked and then axe them.... what a way to make money.

Last edited:

But let me just say this, if Dawn does leave and if Brock leaves to and we get totally 'new' characters I will personally feel let down as a fan. Seriously I have only just started liking Dawn's personality and now she may be leaving, which is overtly typical. Make a character liked and then axe them.... what a way to make money.

Dawn's been on the show for 4 years. You'll always have eps to rewatch with her in it.

Personally I've gotten used to characters leaving that I no longer care anymore. And now I realize how ridiculous I was when I once thought the writers would keep characters if enough people liked them. Its obvious now the games are all that matters.

Dawn's been on the show for 4 years. You'll always have eps to rewatch with her in it.

Personally I've gotten used to characters leaving that I no longer care anymore. And now I realize how ridiculous I was when I once thought the writers would keep characters if enough people liked them. Its obvious now the games are all that matters.
As far as I am concerned I think they should have kept Misty in it from the begging until now, this is when I remember that the anime is made to entertain 'children', who want the new thing all the time. Honestly the new girl isn't supposed to be eye candy, she is meant to be something new WOW fresh, awesome to make sure younger fans' don't loose interest in the series.

If only they spent a bit more time writing good plot lines like.... well this is where I'll stop talking for now...

Don't go assuming things. Ruby and Sapphire came out three months before Advanced came out in US.

So? I was just making a speculation and asking an honest question. It's not like I got high expectations for it. Jeezus...:-/

I wonder if every arc now is going to be 200 eps long like Sinnoh was. Sinnoh was a LONG region, but that's because they didn't make a filler arc.

The only thing I miss is seeing Ash's older Pokemon though. I doubt we'll be seeing any older characters though next gen, except for Dawn's cameo (assuming she leaves), and so forth.

Pretty much all pre-DP recurring characters are gone except for a select few, and I imagine next gen we won't see anything of Paul, Barry, etc.

It will be interesting to see what the new Arc will end up as once the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Series end.

I too will be very sad to see the Diamond and Pearl Series end as it is one of my favorites so far. As long as they keep Brock though, I should be satisfied with the new series.

That's cool! Then we can get a series just like the last 4, complete with another stupid 10 year old girl that people can draw more disturbing fanart of! Yayyyyy!

That's cool! Then we can get a series just like the last 4, complete with another stupid 10 year old girl that people can draw more disturbing fanart of! Yayyyyy!

Isnt that what pokemon is all about?

Anyway I hope that at least they have the main characters capture something that no one would really guess they would

While I have stopped watching the series after Johto, and don't really care for it - I find it incredibly hilarious how PokeFans are already bemoaning the new anime series and saying all sorts of things like it is going to be repetitive and long. Yet the only information about the new series, is that it's going to be in the fall...

While I have stopped watching the series after Johto, and don't really care for it - I find it incredibly hilarious how PokeFans are already bemoaning the new anime series and saying all sorts of things like it is going to be repetitive and long. Yet the only information about the new series, is that it's going to be in the fall...

Welcome to the Pokémon fandom, where we don't even wait for things to start happening before we complain about them.

Uhum, we already now half of Ash's team, and we already know what at least the other third's main types will be. Pikachu, common bird pokemon, the grass starter, he will also have a fire type, water type, plus one other.

The anime needs something fresh, Brock is past his sell by date, and we need a new format. I have an idea, what if Brock leaves, and the new boy from the games joins the team as a Pokethlete, and Dawn keeps on with her contests. Maybe James from Team Rocket could join the Pokethlon as well. I want more unpredictability, Jessie making it to the grand festival is a nice surprise, I want more like this. If the anime could divert from the games that would be great, although I'm sure they will follow them even closer than the last generation, as we seem to be getting closer and closer to the games with each generation. The Orange Islands were totally random and unpredicable, let's have more of these.

Also, I'm disgusted how the people in charge of Pokemon treat Johto, no revisit in Johto, no GS ball in HGSS, no GS Ball conclusion in the anime, no Gen 4 Battle Frontier, I wanted to see more of Lyra, not Cory he was dull, but Lyra was interesting and it feels a shame to have her for only 4 episodes.

Also, I'm disgusted how the people in charge of Pokemon treat Johto, no revisit in Johto, no GS ball in HGSS, no GS Ball conclusion in the anime, no Gen 4 Battle Frontier, I wanted to see more of Lyra, not Cory he was dull, but Lyra was interesting and it feels a shame to have her for only 4 episodes.

I gather they avoided Johto due to how the original Johto saga was received back in 2001.

Welcome to the Pokémon fandom, where we don't even wait for things to start happening before we complain about them.
Yeah Pokémon fans suck! It's so awful, I am so upset, how dare we have an opinion dear lord, Nintendo must be upset right now.

Let me just get on this horse here, hi... say hello to my horse, my horse is a high horse. I mean really is this place for opinions, it's not like this is a Pokémon discussion forums is it? We should all just agree with whatever Nintendo do and except it like a good bunch of teenagers. Not!

If Brock leaves it'll finally give the show at least a tiny bit of freshness, even if the new sidekick character will become just as neglected and ignored as he was.

To this day I don't quite understand why Brock was kept for the DP saga.

But who would get to ogle Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy/Character cutegirl of the day if Brock leaves?

But who would get to ogle Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy/Character cutegirl of the day if Brock leaves?

The Gen 5 boy, he would also have a major crush on Dawn (if hopefully she stayed) while she would develop a further crush on Ash, love triangle for the win!

All I'm hoping for here is the new series to have the same general structure as DP but a whole lot more interesting stuff to it.

And Ash evolving his pokemon in the middle rather than saving it for the tail-end. The villain team should get more screentime as well.

I'm sure the new girl will get a co-starring role, I don't see them reducing the female character to what Brock and Misty are.

Yeah Pokémon fans suck! It's so awful, I am so upset, how dare we have an opinion dear lord, Nintendo must be upset right now.

Let me just get on this horse here, hi... say hello to my horse, my horse is a high horse. I mean really is this place for opinions, it's not like this is a Pokémon discussion forums is it? We should all just agree with whatever Nintendo do and except it like a good bunch of teenagers. Not!

I think you've missed the point. You're forming an opinion on something you haven't seen.

I'm gonna be sad when Dawn is written off.

Then I'll be highly resistant and a bit petty towards Gen V Girl in her debut.

Then she'll participate in her first contest and somehow win me over, just like Dawn did.

Well, I'm not complaining. I know what to expect and the only thing I'm hopeful for is getting more memorable characters like Hunter J, Paul and Ursula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom