• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl se

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pearl series ...

TV Tokyo have announced on their official website for the Pokémon anime today that the Diamond and Pearl arc of the Pokémon will conclude in Japan in the third quarter of this year.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Good to know, good to know. I personally hope this means Dawn will take a hike.
I hope if there is a new "Pokégirl", she's bearable.

Re: New anime story arc begins in Japan this autumn: Conclusion of the Diamond & Pear

Well.... 'tis a-comin' folks. 'Tis a-comin'... it's been awesome, and now we get to start a new season/arc after 4 years.

So I'm assuming that the US will be getting this episodes around the same time as our Black and White releases, sometime next spring?

Oh great! I can't wait!

So I'm assuming that the US will be getting this episodes around the same time as our Black and White releases, sometime next spring?

Don't go assuming things. Ruby and Sapphire came out three months before Advanced came out in US. But anyway, I couldn't care less about the anime in America.

And...here goes the anime with another reboot for the next 4 years!

The anime now feels like its stuck in an endless loop. Every 4 years the anime is rebooted with a new female character and Ash leaves behind his previous Pokemon.

For god sakes, I hope next generation changes things up a bit. I wonder if both Contests and Brock are on their way out, (I'm sure Dawn's leaving either way).

Well, there we go. Proof. No transition arc. Just a move from DP to BW.

Thanks for the information and at same time, :(. I loved Pokemon Diamond & Pearl arc and I'll miss Piplup. Anyway, looking forward for new upcoming arc.

I bet they'll get rid of Brock because of racism issues now. Since people already have issues with the games' names, imagine the public outrage when they see there's a guy with a darker skin tone in anime series called "Pokémon Black and White". Now they've seriously got a reason to fear people having issues with Brock's appearance.

racism? There hasn't been any racism issues at all.

no more Piplup abuse :( but also no more bubblebeam every half second. You win, you lose. Call me nuts, but I'm excited for this. Brock can stay, but he better start doing something. I'm not ready to give up Croagunk. Contests can go for all I care.

I bet they'll get rid of Brock because of racism issues now. Since people already have issues with the games' names, imagine the public outrage when they see there's a guy with a darker skin tone in anime series called "Pokémon Black and White". Now they've seriously got a reason to fear people having issues with Brock's appearance.

Tracey was brought in to replace Brock because the core team feared Brock would be a racial stereotype to the western public. It wasn't the case.
Also, those who are gonna bitch about it have no grounds on which to base their opinions. The show's been running for roughly 12 years already. Little late to pull the race card.

I admit, I lol'd.

I expect Brock to do the same thing in the next saga that he's been doing for the last 10 years:

Absolutely nothing.

Agree that it is probz gonna be another loop, but I am fine with loops. Will be interesting to see how the character line up get affected. I have a higher chance of watching it if Dawn stays, but most unlikely.

Lol well, what are you people expecting? That we'll get blood sex and gore in this new series? Of course it's going to be the same formula. Not like I mind, since I watch the show for pure fun and entertainment, not because it's serious business.

"Pokémon Black and White" , which will be abbreviated to "Pokémon BW".

To be honest, I'd really like it if the new girl WASN'T a co-ordinator...trainer or PokéAthlete.

All I can say is this;

What did you expect?

Last edited:

All I can say is this;

What can you expect?

1) Ash will revert to being a n00b.
2) Pikachu will fry new-girl's bike.
3) Ash will catch new region's common bird
4) Brock will randomly appear with a non-native Pokémon.
5) Brock won't do anything.
6) Ash will challenge gyms
7) New girl will challenge contests/Pokéathlon
8) Brock still don't do anything.
9) Ash will lose league.

Gotta say, I haven't been this disinterested in the show since it first started. Truthfully, even the league hasn't really got me eager to watch, so I'll be glad when the D/P series is over, if only for the faux-freshness the next one will offer. Hopefully that will entail the combined dullness of Dawn and Brock being given the ol' heave-ho.

Gotta say, I haven't been this disinterested in the show since it first started. Truthfully, even the league hasn't really got me eager to watch, so I'll be glad when the D/P series is over, if only for the faux-freshness the next one will offer. Hopefully that will entail the combined dullness of Dawn and Brock being given the ol' heave-ho.

I kinda agree. I don't know if its the fact that the show has just gone on too long or the characters have decayed themselves, but there really needs to be a bigger shake-up next gen.

I kinda assume the next saga will be Sinnoh 2.0 in terms of structure, I really don't know what will change aside from the usual new female character formula.

I really don't see where the show can go from here to be honest other than similar to what DP did.

Ooh, I'm getting excited. DP had its ups and downs, and now I can't wait to see what the new series has to offer. ^_^

If Dawn leaves (and I'm 99% sure she will), I really, really hope Gen V girl replaces her, because I think she's absolutely adorable. I just hope the writers would use her to her full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom