• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

    For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

    Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

New Anime Summaries! (And one new title)

A mysterious Pokémon
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Dragonball GT took "five minutes tops" because the writers originally had planned more than 64 episodes. However the ratings for DB GT where dropping rappidly so they ended the story by building in a quick ending to DB GT. Feel free to correct me if the information is proved to be false, by the way.

Suppose DP is really going to replace AG. The writers would probably knew this coming months ago. Would that give them the time to make make a decent story to end with?

No offence, but I've always find a "And their Adventures Continue"-anime endings extremely cheap.
Edit: I really need to compose my messages faster.
 
追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
If they had to rush to think of a proper ending, then they wouldn't of made the Perap and Weavile fillers.

I think they aren't gonna end Ash's adventure.
 
Registered User
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
28,888
Reaction score
173
Max also says a line in the Registeel episode about how it'll be a very long time until Ash reaches his goal. Why would the writers have Max say that line for no reason?

Also, since we know Aipom isn't in the Brandon match, what the hell was the point of it? All it did was get KO'd by a Weevile and dropped at Oaks. If Ash's adventure was ending, there would be no reason for him to capture an Aipom that he didn't even use at all.
 
Quiet Lurker
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
153
Reaction score
30
Perhaps it would be best not to reinstate our opinions about the Diamond and Pearl series - most of you have personal preferences which render your judgment subjective by definition.

I am intrigued by the fact that the battle against Brandon will be of four Pokémon. I sincerely doubt that Regice will truly be the final opponent, despite the title, when it should be considered equal to the other two. If another Pokémon is in play, it should be the last one to enter the battle, and that suggests superiority to the Regis. I am afraid that I cannot agree on the new Pokémon speculation (Lucario or otherwise), as something else has caught my eye. The Regis and Rayquaza have a common denominator - they have replaced Groudon and Kyogre's place in the eye capture since AG99.

Rayquaza would not have necessarily arisen suspicion as awaiting an appearance had it not been for the Regis. Groudon and Kyogre's eye capture position was first and foremost a reminder of the games advertised by the show, rather than a hint towards the "climatic" resolution of the Team Magma and Team Aqua side-story. It was reasonable in itself for Rayquaza to replace the two as the mascot of the newest edition of the games, but the Regis' addition made matters less straightforward. These three Pokémon are not representative of any game, but now happen to be pivotal character in the climax of the Battle Frontier segment of the series.

Normally, I would say that Rayquaza's representation of Emerald is an independent factor, but the introduction scene of the most recent movie sheds a very peculiar light on Rayquaza's potential role. It was shown to be a victim of Team Rocket's capture, and with that note the movie shifted onto completely unrelated event, leaving that piece of information up in the air.

Certainly, incorporating Rayquaza into the battle would be a difficult task which might only serve to upset viewers, but it would be consistent with this seamless foreshadowing.

Scott85 said:
GameFreak. :eek:

It's the most promoted and marketable Pokemon of the D/P games since the Deoxys movie came out. Even though several new Pokemon have been revealed, Munchlax is still the main one plastered all over everything.
You must not know a great deal about Game Freak - it is the Pokémon Company which oversees the advertisement department. So far the prospect in releasing merchandise has been to advertise the movies, rather than the unreleased games and their new collection of Pokémon. Munchlax may have had one movie entirely for itself, yet I would not be surprised to learn that the Manaphy toys have added up in just under five months.

Leaving aside Munchlax's overall status, I absolutely fail to see how May's Munchlax is in any way a glory hog - a plus in my book.
 
Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
I have a big feeling Brandon's 4th will be a D/P Pokemon, maybe Lucario, Elekible, Drapion, or some entirely new, tough one. He may even have a final form of a starter (and fill a role simmilar to Blaziken)
 
when you need more, have+
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
2,978
Reaction score
0
^^^ Also, yeah, I think you're right. However, I'm leaning towards them revealling a new pokemon or a 3rd evolution pokemon starter from DP.


Roses Ablaze said:
Meh, I always thought of Pokemon Master as being an open-ended goal anyway, like pro basketball player or swordsmaster. Though it would be cool to see Ash battle the Elite Four.

I wonder, if Hikari replaces May, will May fans act like Misty fans did when she was replaced?
mmm, weither May leaves or stays I think its time Brock got replaced by someone new. I;m not saying I don't like him, but I think if he is to start over he should start over completely.

I'm also not necisarily a hardcore may fan, but I liked her ditsiness and immiturity compared to misty. However I hope for her to achieve her goal and find herself. Maybe in the future they can have a crossover mini-series featuring her, (but if ash travels with two girls it'll make him look like a pimp)
 
Quiet Lurker
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
153
Reaction score
30
Habunake said:
I have a big feeling Brandon's 4th will be a D/P Pokemon, maybe Lucario, Elekible, Drapion, or some entirely new, tough one. He may even have a final form of a starter (and fill a role simmilar to Blaziken)
Thank you for that much enlightening note.
 
∠(>w<) #634
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
6
Habunake said:
Does anyone remember Notradamu's famous prediction, "In the year of two-thousand and six of the twenty and eight day of the ninth month, the boy of the flames leftovers shall cease to exist, and thus with him the world shall fall to darkness"
Actually, the world would fall to light, as Hikari (means "light") would be getting her series.

Habunake said:
If they had to rush to think of a proper ending, then they wouldn't of made the Perap and Weavile fillers.
Unless Nintendo told them that they had to make episodes featuring them by the end to promote the games?

Saraform said:
Normally, I would say that Rayquaza's representation of Emerald is an independent factor, but the introduction scene of the most recent movie sheds a very peculiar light on Rayquaza's potential role. It was shown to be a victim of Team Rocket's capture, and with that note the movie shifted onto completely unrelated event, leaving that piece of information up in the air.
Hmm, maybe Jindai will rescue Rayquaza from Team Rocket. :)

You know, we've never seen anything on the level of Satoshi using his four most experienced, newly reunited Pokémon against four legendaries commanded by one of, if not the, strongest trainers in the world. This seems very... ultimate. How far does one have to go to be a Pokémon master? Isn't this quite legendary?

bell02 alpha said:
^^^ Also, yeah, I think you're right. However, I'm leaning towards them revealling a new pokemon or a 3rd evolution pokemon starter from DP.
Unlikely because the next CoroCoro won't be out in time to reveal any new Pokémon, and the anime never randomly reveals Pokémon that haven't been revealed elsewhere.
 
Last edited:
The Dude Abides
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
1,382
Reaction score
0
How about Brandon just has some random fossil Pokemon? Aerodactyl ftw.
So Ash uses Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, and Pikachu for the final match against Brandon? Interesting. I'd say that's evidence in favor of the series ending. I can totally see Ash's father popping up out of nowhere. If it happens, we might just as well put the nails on the coffin.
If Rayquaza were the fourth, Brandon would have to be Ash's father.
Just 'cause.
Though, if the series were to end, we'd need closure for TR, as well. Maybe Giovanni finally fires them, and they split up to make their way seperately.
 
Registered User
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
28,888
Reaction score
173
Argy said:
You know, we've never seen anything on the level of Satoshi using his four most experienced, newly reunited Pokémon against four legendaries commanded by one of, if not the, strongest trainers in the world. This seems very... ultimate. How far does one have to go to be a Pokémon master? Isn't this quite legendary?
Same reason Ash can place in Top 8 in his leagues but then lose to a newbie who just started his/her quest. (Casey, Mareep girl, Shauna, anyone?)

Also, the fact that he's using his Kanto trio against the legends is good, because if he used his AG team, then losing a normal battle with them won't seem realistic.

If Charizard can beat an Articuno and then a Regice, how can we accept it losing to something lesser like a Salamence even? In this case, since Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard will never be permanent Pokes on Ash's roster ever again, it makes sense that the writers chose Pokemon that he can only used once in a blue moon. Imagine Sceptile, Swellow and Corphish in their place? I sure can't.

And I like the fact that Ash is ending Kanto with his original Kanto team, (aside from poor Pidgeot), because it's great symbolism.
 
追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
Argy said:
Unlikely because the next CoroCoro won't be out in time to reveal any new Pokémon, and the anime never randomly reveals Pokémon that haven't been revealed elsewhere.
True. But I wouldn't be suprised if he used Elekible, Lucario, or Drapion. All those look like they are powerful.
 
when you need more, have+
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
2,978
Reaction score
0
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Unless you count Ho-Oh.
Its not what you said... but the last one could be Ho-oh... it was in the first Battle Paramid epp, but that's a powerful monster though...

I guess I should also say that I hope Ash gets Aipom back if he goes to Shinou, something like it being disobedient with staying makes it believable.
 
追放されたバカ
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
2
*smacks head*

Duh! The writers will no doubt have them use the Starter's Most Powerufl Moves. I mean Blast Burn, Frenzy Play, and Hydro Cannon.
 
Quiet Lurker
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
153
Reaction score
30
Scott85 said:
Same reason Ash can place in Top 8 in his leagues but then lose to a newbie who just started his/her quest. (Casey, Mareep girl, Shauna, anyone?)

Also, the fact that he's using his Kanto trio against the legends is good, because if he used his AG team, then losing a normal battle with them won't seem realistic.

If Charizard can beat an Articuno and then a Regice, how can we accept it losing to something lesser like a Salamence even? In this case, since Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard will never be permanent Pokes on Ash's roster ever again, it makes sense that the writers chose Pokemon that he can only used once in a blue moon. Imagine Sceptile, Swellow and Corphish in their place? I sure can't.

And I like the fact that Ash is ending Kanto with his original Kanto team, (aside from poor Pidgeot), because it's great symbolism.
How does that have to do with Argy's point on the accomplishment of a legendary feat? You did not answer her presumably rhetoric question, but simply imposed your own opinion that this battle would not be viewed as a milestone in the long run, being nothing more than an excuse for justifying the continuation of the adventure. If you are correct, then I will be led to conclude that this show is not about the realization of a goal or vision - it is about the eternal postponing of such.
 

Pie

Dead Again
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
3
Habunake said:
*smacks head*

Duh! The writers will no doubt have them use the Starter's Most Powerufl Moves. I mean Blast Burn, Frenzy Play, and Hydro Cannon.
Can't happen, unless Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved twice very, very soon. Only the final forms can use those moves.

And quite frankly, if they skipped Ivysaur and Wartortle just to have the final forms of the originals blast away with their elemental Hyper Beams? I'd feel cheated.
 
Registered User
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
28,888
Reaction score
173
Saraform said:
How does that have to do with Argy's point on the accomplishment of a legendary feat?
She said it was epic, I agreed with her. That does not mean it is the be-all, end-all of Ash's battles. The writers gave Brandon these legends because they are his signature Pokemon in the games and they wanted the final match to be something important and above a standard Gym leader. If he beats them, so what? I don't see this putting him above league champions or Elite 4 members, nor does it give a satisfactory ending to his quest.

Since he's using Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard that they are Pokemon not usually on his team, so Ash losing to regular trainers after this will be believable. When he is in Shinou, he'll have his team replaced with all cute, unevolved Pokemon again, thus his losses again will be acceptable despite defeating legends prior.

You did not answer her presumably rhetoric question, but simply imposed your own opinion that this battle would not be viewed as a milestone in the long run, being nothing more than an excuse for justifying the continuation of the adventure.
No, it's called not jumping to conclusions just because Ash is defeating a legendary trio.

If you are correct, then I will be led to conclude that this show is not about the realization of a goal or vision - it is about the eternal postponing of such.
It took you that long to realize that? Considering the show has been going on for 10 years and 400+ episodes, it's pretty damn obvious. The writers have shown no problems with stretching Ash's quest out as much as they have to, or else his quest would have ended ages ago.
 
Sheep Queen of Bulbagarden
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
14,583
Reaction score
1,044
Ash's quest may well continues until he dies of old age...

...and he's ageless.
 
Top