• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Anime Summaries! (And one new title)

I know, how long has Conan been a kid? By now he would be 18 at least.

In other words, I can see them using Ash for years.

Maybe if WE didn't EXPECT Miyazaki level of writing.

Scott85 said:
That does not mean it is the be-all, end-all of Ash's battles. The writers gave Brandon these legends because they are his signature Pokemon in the games and they wanted the final match to be something important and above a standard Gym leader.
I would agree on that if the deciding match followed the same format as the preceding two - a battle against one legendary Pokémon. That would be a challenge not considerably more difficult than the standard. A battle against all three of them, added by a mysterious companion which should be even more powerful, is another story.

If he beats them, so what? I don't see this putting him above league champions
The recent example of a league champion taught us that only a minor difference stood between Ash and the victory. The element of tournament adds luck into the equation, and that is one factor which can be ignored in light of greater things. If he faced these league champions outside of a tournament, he would win much in the same way he defeated the Orange League Champion.

or Elite 4 members, nor does it give a satisfactory ending to his quest.
A much more reasonable point that deserves to be accepted. However, it has nothing to do with the challenge he would find in Shinou if that were his new direction.

This is what should come to mind when suggesting ideas for a parallel series to Diamond and Pearl.

Since he's using Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard that they are Pokemon not usually on his team, so Ash losing to regular trainers after this will be believable. When he is in Shinou, he'll have his team replaced with all cute, unevolved Pokemon again, thus his losses again will be acceptable despite defeating legends prior.
By now, it will not be believable however it is approached. I do hope you realize that it is the trainer himself who is judged for his decisions.

No, it's called not jumping to conclusions just because Ash is defeating a legendary trio.
The Regis are not alone in this; my personal candidate for the fourth Pokémon should be put under serious consideration for the sake of this discussion.

It took you that long to realize that? Considering the show has been going on for 10 years and 400+ episodes, it's pretty damn obvious. The writers have shown no problems with stretching Ash's quest out as much as they have to, or else his quest would have ended ages ago.
If that is the case, considering they do not have to stretch the quest, there should be no problem bringing it to an end - whether abrupt or not. A parallel series could serve the purpose of a more definitive conclusion to the story, but if the writers do not have the essence of the story at heart, the ending may as well be rushed and open to interpretation.

Kasumi said:
WE dont EXPECT Miyazaki level of writting. WE expect a less formulaic PLOT. ^_____^

Am I the only one who likes the formulaic plot? Maybe I enjoy a nice show once in a while that I don't have to worry if a character will die in the next episode.

About the LOL that's true part, yes. (I was referring to not worrying about characters dying)

I watch Pokemon for the battles and the music.

If there's a nice plot to go with it, it's a bonus.

Saraform said:
I would agree on that if the deciding match followed the same format as the preceding two - a battle against one legendary Pokémon. That would be a challenge not considerably more difficult than the standard. A battle against all three of them, added by a mysterious companion which should be even more powerful, is another story.

True, but at the same time, these Regi's don't seem all that powerful. Ash's Torkoal nearly defeated Registeel in the episode that just aired, it in fact nearly toppled over from defeat. And this is from Torkoal no less, one of Ash's weaker Pokemon.

It would appear that the writers are dumbing these legends down to make them not seem as powerful as the ones seen in Movie 8. It was the same thing with Noland's Articuno being considerably weaker than Movie 2's Articuno.

Not to mention, we know capturing legends in this show is considered a taboo. Yet Brandon has all three of them in Pokeballs. Maybe the writers don't consider them as important as the others?

A much more reasonable point that deserves to be accepted. However, it has nothing to do with the challenge he would find in Shinou if that were his new direction.

This is what should come to mind when suggesting ideas for a parallel series to Diamond and Pearl.

Well, a parallel series still hasn't been completely ruled out at this point of time. I guess we'll wait and see what D/P's timeslot is, and if it's 7 on Thursdays.

By now, it will not be believable however it is approached. I do hope you realize that it is the trainer himself who is judged for his decisions.

It does depend on the trainer, but also much more on his Pokemon. It's the same thing in the games, battling with Lvl 100 Pokemon is sure going to win you more matches than battling with Lvl 20 Pokemon.

If Ash leaves his current party at Oaks and captures all new unevolved, cute Pokemon in Shinou, (which is basically what happens in the transition to EVERY new region in the anime), then it is the same effect. This is why Johto team lost so many battles despite Ash having his experience from Kanto and OI. Starting over with new Pokemon is just that, he has to build them up from the ground up and get them on par with his older Pokemon.

The Regis are not alone in this; my personal candidate for the fourth Pokémon should be put under serious consideration for the sake of this discussion.

If they are following the games, (which seems to be the case judging by the three Regi's) then the only other Pokemon he could own is one of the birds. I checked his team for the gold symbol in Emerald, it consists of Articuno, Moltres or Zapdos.

If it's one of them along with the Regi's, it's not that too big a deal. Ash has already defeated an Articuno this saga so it won't be that, which leaves basically Zapdos or Moltres as choices. The birds are considered some of the weaker legendaries in the anime.

This is assuming they follow the games of course, if not, then anything could happen. Let me just say that the writers will never, ever be able to pass off Ash defeating a Rayquaza in a believeable manner, especially since the Pyramid match is only a 2-parter.

If that is the case, considering they do not have to stretch the quest, there should be no problem bringing it to an end - whether abrupt or not. A parallel series could serve the purpose of a more definitive conclusion to the story, but if the writers do not have the essence of the story at heart, the ending may as well be rushed and open to interpretation.

I'd like to think that they kept it going all this time is because they want us to grow up with this boy, (and when AG came along, May as well), and see them grow during their quests from the start to the end. Yanking the mat out from under them before a proper conclusion would be basically throwing a 10 year story that they worked so hard on out the window.

I'm not saying that they won't do that, but when you also factor in that Pikachu is the face of the franchise in general, I cannot see that Pokemon being dropped from the anime.

Doctor Oak said:

Agreed, the battles, especially any involving Sceptile or Swellow, are awesome. Compared to other animes like Digimon Savers(why it has a nice plot, most of the battles involve ONE attack....).

And the music is probably the best I've heard.

EDIT: I'm willing to bet Brandon will ahve Lucario. It just so fits.

Habunake said:
Am I the only one who likes the formulaic plot? Maybe I enjoy a nice show once in a while that I don't have to worry if a character will die in the next episode.

There's no need of people dying every episode to be an interesting show either. o_O;

And I think Brandon's 4th poke is none other than.... MEWTHREE! :O!!!

Doctor Oak said:

Yup.More or less how I feel about the anime too.

It's the untapped potential that can be frustrating sometimes.Pokemon already has a great mythology,if only the writers actually try to incorporate a story into the series then we'd be set.

And I don't think that many fans try to put the series on par with other anime like Eva or FMA.(and if they do,then WTF...) Pokemon is Pokemon,it's pretty much in a league of it's own.Fans of the series watch it for what it is and the show *has* been entertaining considering it doesn't have a manga to work off from.(but a plot would be nice...) If you don't like what you see,then change the channel or turn off the TV.

FabuVinny said:
If Ash's quest does not continue, then I see the final two episodes as this:

1) Ash gets his personal conclusion episode in Pallet Town.
2) A special episode to either give an epilogue to the story we have been following for the past nine years or provide a link to Hikari's series. (Though maybe I only thought up the latter its because earlier I came up with the idea of ten year old Max starting his journey alongside Hikari. :p)

That is what I honestly think will happen at this point...sadly.

Here's the lowdown on what I think and speculate will occur in the next 4 eps...

*May and Drew will battle one last time and before the finishing blow, Halrey will interrupt. Harley will then take out May's Pokemon leaving Drew to take out Harley. During this, Ash will recollect about his rivalry with Gary sparking something that will help him defeat Brandon. This will be "May VS Drew!"

*Ash will ask Oak, Jenny, and the Chariffic Valley for Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard back for a final battle, one which he believes, if he wins, will define his training carrer (hence, in his mind, making him a Pokemon Master) due to the fact that the Frontier Brains are said to be stronger than the Elite 4. Ash will train his first starters and the final battle with Brandon will begin. This will be "First Pokemon! Final Battle!"

*The 4 vs. 4 battle against Brandon will continue from the last ep. Ash will use Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle. Brandon, I believe will use an Aerodactyl, Regirock, Registeel, and of course Regice. Ash will win, of course, and reclaim the final symbol, making him, in his and most other's mind a Pokemon Master. This will be "Decisive Battle! Vs. Regice"

*Finally, after watching Ash defeat Brandon, May will want to take Ash on in her field of training, contests. The contest will start and Ash will most likely take out Aipom, knowing he's one of his Pokemon that hasn't met his true potential. Aipom, in contest, then evolves into a D/P evolution (the one most everyone has been speculating since he was first captured). May will win the contest but Ash will have gained Aipom's evo. it may also work vice versa and have Ash win yet have May's COmbusken finally evolve to a Blazikien. This will be "Ash VS May! Last Battle!"

After all that, I then trust in Vinny's ideas. There will prolly be an emotional AG ending watching each of the characters split. Ash will go back to Pallet and will make AG191 the last REAL episode of AG. AG192 will be the epilouge taking place 5 years after the series finale. Here's how I hope for this to work out:

-Ash becomes a Gym Leader and all of his Pokemon are evolved, except of course for Pikachu...
-May becomes the next Vivian and will be host of the GF's (she will have won the GF directly a year parting with Ash)
-Brock will become an accomplished Breeder and will have created a brand-name Pokemon food.
-Max will be a year or so into his Pokemon journey. Of course, he'll be using a certain Ralts and Shuppet.

WOW! ALOT OF POSTING! Well that's my two cents! Good-bye Pokemon as we knew it...at least until Hikari and and the D/P series.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom