• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Anime Summaries! (And one new title)

Dragonball GT took "five minutes tops" because the writers originally had planned more than 64 episodes. However the ratings for DB GT where dropping rappidly so they ended the story by building in a quick ending to DB GT. Feel free to correct me if the information is proved to be false, by the way.

Suppose DP is really going to replace AG. The writers would probably knew this coming months ago. Would that give them the time to make make a decent story to end with?

No offence, but I've always find a "And their Adventures Continue"-anime endings extremely cheap.
Edit: I really need to compose my messages faster.

If they had to rush to think of a proper ending, then they wouldn't of made the Perap and Weavile fillers.

I think they aren't gonna end Ash's adventure.

Max also says a line in the Registeel episode about how it'll be a very long time until Ash reaches his goal. Why would the writers have Max say that line for no reason?

Also, since we know Aipom isn't in the Brandon match, what the hell was the point of it? All it did was get KO'd by a Weevile and dropped at Oaks. If Ash's adventure was ending, there would be no reason for him to capture an Aipom that he didn't even use at all.

Perhaps it would be best not to reinstate our opinions about the Diamond and Pearl series - most of you have personal preferences which render your judgment subjective by definition.

I am intrigued by the fact that the battle against Brandon will be of four Pokémon. I sincerely doubt that Regice will truly be the final opponent, despite the title, when it should be considered equal to the other two. If another Pokémon is in play, it should be the last one to enter the battle, and that suggests superiority to the Regis. I am afraid that I cannot agree on the new Pokémon speculation (Lucario or otherwise), as something else has caught my eye. The Regis and Rayquaza have a common denominator - they have replaced Groudon and Kyogre's place in the eye capture since AG99.

Rayquaza would not have necessarily arisen suspicion as awaiting an appearance had it not been for the Regis. Groudon and Kyogre's eye capture position was first and foremost a reminder of the games advertised by the show, rather than a hint towards the "climatic" resolution of the Team Magma and Team Aqua side-story. It was reasonable in itself for Rayquaza to replace the two as the mascot of the newest edition of the games, but the Regis' addition made matters less straightforward. These three Pokémon are not representative of any game, but now happen to be pivotal character in the climax of the Battle Frontier segment of the series.

Normally, I would say that Rayquaza's representation of Emerald is an independent factor, but the introduction scene of the most recent movie sheds a very peculiar light on Rayquaza's potential role. It was shown to be a victim of Team Rocket's capture, and with that note the movie shifted onto completely unrelated event, leaving that piece of information up in the air.

Certainly, incorporating Rayquaza into the battle would be a difficult task which might only serve to upset viewers, but it would be consistent with this seamless foreshadowing.

Scott85 said:
GameFreak. :eek:

It's the most promoted and marketable Pokemon of the D/P games since the Deoxys movie came out. Even though several new Pokemon have been revealed, Munchlax is still the main one plastered all over everything.
You must not know a great deal about Game Freak - it is the Pokémon Company which oversees the advertisement department. So far the prospect in releasing merchandise has been to advertise the movies, rather than the unreleased games and their new collection of Pokémon. Munchlax may have had one movie entirely for itself, yet I would not be surprised to learn that the Manaphy toys have added up in just under five months.

Leaving aside Munchlax's overall status, I absolutely fail to see how May's Munchlax is in any way a glory hog - a plus in my book.

Last edited:
I have a big feeling Brandon's 4th will be a D/P Pokemon, maybe Lucario, Elekible, Drapion, or some entirely new, tough one. He may even have a final form of a starter (and fill a role simmilar to Blaziken)

^^^ Also, yeah, I think you're right. However, I'm leaning towards them revealling a new pokemon or a 3rd evolution pokemon starter from DP.

Roses Ablaze said:
Meh, I always thought of Pokemon Master as being an open-ended goal anyway, like pro basketball player or swordsmaster. Though it would be cool to see Ash battle the Elite Four.

I wonder, if Hikari replaces May, will May fans act like Misty fans did when she was replaced?

mmm, weither May leaves or stays I think its time Brock got replaced by someone new. I;m not saying I don't like him, but I think if he is to start over he should start over completely.

I'm also not necisarily a hardcore may fan, but I liked her ditsiness and immiturity compared to misty. However I hope for her to achieve her goal and find herself. Maybe in the future they can have a crossover mini-series featuring her, (but if ash travels with two girls it'll make him look like a pimp)

Habunake said:
I have a big feeling Brandon's 4th will be a D/P Pokemon, maybe Lucario, Elekible, Drapion, or some entirely new, tough one. He may even have a final form of a starter (and fill a role simmilar to Blaziken)
Thank you for that much enlightening note.

Habunake said:
Does anyone remember Notradamu's famous prediction, "In the year of two-thousand and six of the twenty and eight day of the ninth month, the boy of the flames leftovers shall cease to exist, and thus with him the world shall fall to darkness"

Actually, the world would fall to light, as Hikari (means "light") would be getting her series.

Habunake said:
If they had to rush to think of a proper ending, then they wouldn't of made the Perap and Weavile fillers.

Unless Nintendo told them that they had to make episodes featuring them by the end to promote the games?

Saraform said:
Normally, I would say that Rayquaza's representation of Emerald is an independent factor, but the introduction scene of the most recent movie sheds a very peculiar light on Rayquaza's potential role. It was shown to be a victim of Team Rocket's capture, and with that note the movie shifted onto completely unrelated event, leaving that piece of information up in the air.

Hmm, maybe Jindai will rescue Rayquaza from Team Rocket. :)

You know, we've never seen anything on the level of Satoshi using his four most experienced, newly reunited Pokémon against four legendaries commanded by one of, if not the, strongest trainers in the world. This seems very... ultimate. How far does one have to go to be a Pokémon master? Isn't this quite legendary?

bell02 alpha said:
^^^ Also, yeah, I think you're right. However, I'm leaning towards them revealling a new pokemon or a 3rd evolution pokemon starter from DP.

Unlikely because the next CoroCoro won't be out in time to reveal any new Pokémon, and the anime never randomly reveals Pokémon that haven't been revealed elsewhere.

Last edited:
How about Brandon just has some random fossil Pokemon? Aerodactyl ftw.
So Ash uses Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, and Pikachu for the final match against Brandon? Interesting. I'd say that's evidence in favor of the series ending. I can totally see Ash's father popping up out of nowhere. If it happens, we might just as well put the nails on the coffin.
If Rayquaza were the fourth, Brandon would have to be Ash's father.
Just 'cause.
Though, if the series were to end, we'd need closure for TR, as well. Maybe Giovanni finally fires them, and they split up to make their way seperately.

Argy said:
You know, we've never seen anything on the level of Satoshi using his four most experienced, newly reunited Pokémon against four legendaries commanded by one of, if not the, strongest trainers in the world. This seems very... ultimate. How far does one have to go to be a Pokémon master? Isn't this quite legendary?

Same reason Ash can place in Top 8 in his leagues but then lose to a newbie who just started his/her quest. (Casey, Mareep girl, Shauna, anyone?)

Also, the fact that he's using his Kanto trio against the legends is good, because if he used his AG team, then losing a normal battle with them won't seem realistic.

If Charizard can beat an Articuno and then a Regice, how can we accept it losing to something lesser like a Salamence even? In this case, since Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard will never be permanent Pokes on Ash's roster ever again, it makes sense that the writers chose Pokemon that he can only used once in a blue moon. Imagine Sceptile, Swellow and Corphish in their place? I sure can't.

And I like the fact that Ash is ending Kanto with his original Kanto team, (aside from poor Pidgeot), because it's great symbolism.

Argy said:
Unlikely because the next CoroCoro won't be out in time to reveal any new Pokémon, and the anime never randomly reveals Pokémon that haven't been revealed elsewhere.

True. But I wouldn't be suprised if he used Elekible, Lucario, or Drapion. All those look like they are powerful.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Unless you count Ho-Oh.
Its not what you said... but the last one could be Ho-oh... it was in the first Battle Paramid epp, but that's a powerful monster though...

I guess I should also say that I hope Ash gets Aipom back if he goes to Shinou, something like it being disobedient with staying makes it believable.

*smacks head*

Duh! The writers will no doubt have them use the Starter's Most Powerufl Moves. I mean Blast Burn, Frenzy Play, and Hydro Cannon.

Scott85 said:
Same reason Ash can place in Top 8 in his leagues but then lose to a newbie who just started his/her quest. (Casey, Mareep girl, Shauna, anyone?)

Also, the fact that he's using his Kanto trio against the legends is good, because if he used his AG team, then losing a normal battle with them won't seem realistic.

If Charizard can beat an Articuno and then a Regice, how can we accept it losing to something lesser like a Salamence even? In this case, since Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard will never be permanent Pokes on Ash's roster ever again, it makes sense that the writers chose Pokemon that he can only used once in a blue moon. Imagine Sceptile, Swellow and Corphish in their place? I sure can't.

And I like the fact that Ash is ending Kanto with his original Kanto team, (aside from poor Pidgeot), because it's great symbolism.
How does that have to do with Argy's point on the accomplishment of a legendary feat? You did not answer her presumably rhetoric question, but simply imposed your own opinion that this battle would not be viewed as a milestone in the long run, being nothing more than an excuse for justifying the continuation of the adventure. If you are correct, then I will be led to conclude that this show is not about the realization of a goal or vision - it is about the eternal postponing of such.

Habunake said:
*smacks head*

Duh! The writers will no doubt have them use the Starter's Most Powerufl Moves. I mean Blast Burn, Frenzy Play, and Hydro Cannon.
Can't happen, unless Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved twice very, very soon. Only the final forms can use those moves.

And quite frankly, if they skipped Ivysaur and Wartortle just to have the final forms of the originals blast away with their elemental Hyper Beams? I'd feel cheated.

Saraform said:
How does that have to do with Argy's point on the accomplishment of a legendary feat?

She said it was epic, I agreed with her. That does not mean it is the be-all, end-all of Ash's battles. The writers gave Brandon these legends because they are his signature Pokemon in the games and they wanted the final match to be something important and above a standard Gym leader. If he beats them, so what? I don't see this putting him above league champions or Elite 4 members, nor does it give a satisfactory ending to his quest.

Since he's using Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard that they are Pokemon not usually on his team, so Ash losing to regular trainers after this will be believable. When he is in Shinou, he'll have his team replaced with all cute, unevolved Pokemon again, thus his losses again will be acceptable despite defeating legends prior.

You did not answer her presumably rhetoric question, but simply imposed your own opinion that this battle would not be viewed as a milestone in the long run, being nothing more than an excuse for justifying the continuation of the adventure.

No, it's called not jumping to conclusions just because Ash is defeating a legendary trio.

If you are correct, then I will be led to conclude that this show is not about the realization of a goal or vision - it is about the eternal postponing of such.

It took you that long to realize that? Considering the show has been going on for 10 years and 400+ episodes, it's pretty damn obvious. The writers have shown no problems with stretching Ash's quest out as much as they have to, or else his quest would have ended ages ago.

Ash's quest may well continues until he dies of old age...

...and he's ageless.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom