• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Anime Summaries! (And one new title)

Nintendo Theatre said:
the Frontier Brains are said to be stronger than the Elite 4.
Is that true? I was always under the impression that: Elite Four > Battle Frontier > Gym Leaders. Or was that just speculation?

Roses Ablaze said:
Is that true? I was always under the impression that: Elite Four > Battle Frontier > Gym Leaders. Or was that just speculation?

That's untrue. In Scott's first episode, he said the Brains were "almost as strong as Elite 4 members."

That basically means they're above Gym leaders but below the Elite 4.

The thing that I wonder about is why the suddent change in battle format? Why is Brandon battling Ash 4 on 4 when their previous battles were all 1 on 1? Of course a 4 on 4 battle would make a more interesting final battle for the BF, so I can see why the writers would want to have one, but I wonder if there will be any explanation for the change in the anime. Was Brandon just going easy on Ash before? Did he not have time for a full 4 on 4 battle? Does Ash ask for a longer battle? *ponders*

The main reason I don't want Ash to leave is because he has so many Pokemon that have a lot of potential left:

Kingler- Ash's first Oak Pokemon, who had a marvelous battle at the Indigo Plateau (which made it seem very strong), then came back during Johto and lost to Psyduck. And don't get me started on how it got killed in the Silver Conference so the writers had an excuse to bring back Squirtle.

Primeape- Please, bring him back for one episode. He was cool, and I'd love too see Ash borrow him for a match.

Pidgeot- "I'll come back for you!".

Muk- He was pretty strong, and provided alot of humour. He needs to win a battle for all the poison Pokemon out their who lose all the time.

Tauros- He has a pretty good resume, but still could do more.

Snorlax- He's used alot, so I'm pretty happy with what he does.

Noctowl- The coolest bird in my opinion, who was so underused and undercharaterized, depsite his cool abilities.

The Johto Trio- Just evolve them to their medium forms and have them battle, kay?

Heracross- Oaked dreafully early, and really hasn't done much. It beat a Magmar, and that's the only important battle it won.

Torkoal- I think he was used one Gym battle, and only won 1 Hoenn Match. He did almost beat a Registeel, but he needs to win against a big opponent.

Glalie- Did alot, but barely did anything. They also had no time to give him a personality as we only saw him battling.

Corphish- He needs to evolve, bring him to Shinou.

Aipom- Same as above, I can't imagine them giving Ash and Aipom if they were gonna drop him.

Donphan- Why the idea of an evolution for him isn't totally out of the ballpark, he does need a decent win under his trunk.

Sceptile- He needs to have more awesome battle, hell, I can see him becoming the next Charizard next region (in other words, Ash brings him back for alot of tough battles)

And that's it, only Pikachu, Swellow, and the Kanto Trio I think have been used to their potential.

Pie said:
Can't happen, unless Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolved twice very, very soon. Only the final forms can use those moves.

Is that how it is in FRLG, because the Johto starters in XD know them...?

I did realize last night that it may be possible that the Pokémon Jindai went off looking for was Houou. If Satoshi ends up battling that Pokémon... Well, we'll know we're at the end.

And it doesn't really matter what old Pokémon of his have "potential" because if he does go to Shin'ou, he's just going to get new, inexperienced ones.

Please god no Charizard vs Ho-ou fight.

And I was looking on Pokeani, and it seems Ash does indeed bring back the Kanto Trio to use in the Pyramid.

Argy said:
And it doesn't really matter what old Pokémon of his have "potential" because if he does go to Shin'ou, he's just going to get new, inexperienced ones.

Unless they take the Johto approach, where Ash uses his AG team until he makes new captures and sends them back to Oak one by one.

It's just a shame that guys like Kingler/Muk and all his Johto Pokemon rot away at Oaks lab for 200 episodes. They really should showcase them again, otherwise what's the point of them being there? Ah well.

EDIT: Seems like this was my 2000th post. Jeez, I post way too much. >_<

Last edited:
Argy said:
Is that how it is in FRLG, because the Johto starters in XD know them...?
Hmm, well, I thought that's how it was in FRLG, but it seems some sources aren't agreeing. And I definitely can't say from personal experience just because in both FireRed and LeafGreen my 'mander was a 'zard long before I reached that point...

But most of the sources state that only the final forms of the original three starters can be tutored the big blastin' moves. (Sources which say the first and secondary forms can also be tutored the moves include Pokécharms and Serebii.)

But back to the subject at hand - while some things do point towards a potential end (moreso the new series than these summaries) even I think that there's a good chance we're all just being paranoid. And I'm usually the most paranoid and gullible person around, so if I think our leg's being pulled...

I mean, if they're going for a big finale now, it begs the question - why did they introduce Aipom? Why even bother? I don't think an Aipom-versus-some-giant-legendary is a fight worth introducing a last-minute Pokémon for - I dunno, it seems like another series change to me.

I agree with you Pie.

I think Aipom is the biggest clue of Ash staying so far. It's obvious the writers knew Shinou would be coming, so why would they give him it if he was leaving?

It's obvious that working with 4kids so long, they had easy access to the Khan's supply of crack he pays his workers with.

I don't think the hyper annoying monkey with a hand coming out of his butt means anything. They just did it to do it, along with the other Pokemon caught in the past year.

Doctor Oak said:
They were high.
We were going to let Ash's adventure end
But then we got hiiiiigh
We were going to let AG continue
But then we got hiiiigh
So now we gave the boy a monkey
And do you know whyyyy~?

Coz' we got high
Coz' we got high
Coz' we got hiiiiigh

Did this even make sense? o.o

Yeah, anyway.

I wonder what Brandon's fourth Pokémon will be since the Regi trio is like.... a trio.

Regiking, the merging of the jewels that make up the Regi's, obviously. XD

But I'm going with Lucario.

It might not even be legendary.

Maybe he has a Salamence or Tyranitar for his last Poke, those are pretty strong Pokemon that Ash has never battled against.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom