• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview New Artwork

So they're commemorating the move to Friday with an artwork where the characters are literally moving to another place? Huh, that's cute.

Pretty sure this doesn't mean anything for the anime episode-wise or story-wise (unless both Go and Ash end up catching a Machoke each, in which case, sign me up!), though I'm starting to find it annoying how they keep on omitting Chloe in most of these posters and how they're pairing her Yamper with Ash. Poor girl.

On the brighter side, I do like how full of personality the characters are. We got stuff like Gengar sneaking in to get a falling apple and Raichu scarring off a Machoke while Farfetch'd side-eyes her. Plus, I really love those Machoke caps.

I find it puzzling why they're showing Yamper with Ash

I know it isn't officially Chloe's but why not have it with her
They’ve been doing it for a while now, showing Yamper with Ash in posters and Yamper is all over darkest day merch with no sign of Chloe being there.

Poor farfetch’d has to run alongside Gou’s reserves...
Ash only wanted to take Riolu with him on the ride but Gengar managed to sneak in and that leaves poor fetch’d.

Ejy-B-Yi-UYAAp-Dru.jpg
Poor Farfetch'd.

Maybe they're gonna give Yamper to Ash so he doesn't get too neglected when Chloe gets Eevee. I kid, I kid, it's doubtful something like that would happen but if it did it'd be an... interesting solution, to say the least.

Glad to see my boy Galar Dux finally getting some much overdue love. I also like that Goh's Raichu is there being her happy lovable self.

This is only promotional material for the move from sunday to friday. It doesn't actually mean anything for the anime. I think the only reason Yamper is alongside Ash, is because Chloe isn't a main character.
She should be since there's no other female character there aside from Kikuna. Not having a female main character after 22 years of having a female main character was an absolutely atrocious idea and I can't believe it got signed off on, let alone suggested in the first place. The fact that this blatant error in show design is showing no sign of being corrected is equally distressing.

Poster looks good, but Koharu not being there is an unfortunate omission.

Eevee is bound to increase Chloe's screentime, at least.

I'd like to see more of Aerodactyl and Raichu. Also Heracross, Pinsir and Scyther. And the Misdreavus and Sandile duo.

Don't think its anything major but this was released on twitter to promote the new air time

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1314400194360827904?s=19

I absolutely love this piece. That's cool that it was drawn to commemorate the time switch; I love how Aerodactyl and Dragonite look in particular, while Gengar riding in the bag's shadow is a thoughtful touch. Thank you so much for sharing this!

I agree Koharu not being present while Yamper is, is wrong; main character or not, that's the Pokémon she is associated with. While there are things I like about Pocket Monsters, dropping the a female lead is something I'll never condone.

I would much rather have Chloe catch more Pokémon and become more of an official travel companion, but I could honestly see Ash getting Yamper as a possibility. It’s a pretty popular Pokémon and he doesn’t have any Galarian Pokémon yet (other than his eventual Sirfetch’d, but I don’t count Farfetch’d on its own).

As much as I enjoy seeing a reference to the Machoke Workers from Hoenn, I still feel it would have been better served to have Koharu and the Sakuragi research crew in their place. Even if they aren't the "main characters" they're still holding up the show as the supporting cast and even just Koharu alone should have been included if you were going to put Yamper on the poster, would've at least added some diversity to have a girl there. :unsure:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom