• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appearanc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appea

The Musical thingy actually impressed me, since some thought has obviously gone into fitting the items to the sprites: it's a lot different to Gen 4's dressup where we were basically piling items onto a static image of a Pokemon. The way the sprites animate with the items reminds me of Scribblenauts...
Yeah, I noticed that with the purse where it actually adjusted itself to look better on the Pokemon holding it, and the microphone as well for the Chinchilla.

Re: New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appea

Did anyone notice? The male hero went up against the Pokemon series' first definitive black person. People have been arguing that a few of the darker skinned people were, but there's no mistaking the ethnicity of this one.

While I guess the international PBR releases don't count, I heard there is someone in the 2nd ranger game.

Last edited:

While I guess the international PBR releases don't count, I heard there is someone in the 2nd ranger game.

Yes, his name is Barlow.

Yes, his name is Barlow.

Still pretty ambiguous. Other choices like Brock have become ambiguously less brown, Phoebe seems like a pacific islander and the only one credible that's left is Dalia.

Sadly, I can't see the video thanks to my grandma's broanband. Sad face. However, from what I saw from the post, the football NPCs are kinda funny in my opinion. Not stupid funny, but I never imagined a fottball player in a poke game, main series or not.

Holy crap, black people in a Pokemon game. And as a Gym Leader.

Did any of you guys see one part of the trailer where it looks like you are encountering TWO of the evolved form of that possessed squirrel in the grass?

If you can encounter two wild pokemon at once in this game, then this will be epic.

Also, is that a new deer Pokemon wearing a chef's hat on the left side of the grass-oriented Pokemon Musical?

o_O This vid has just made me more confused as to weather I'll actually be buying these games or not. I mean, on the one hand, the new interface just looks sick as hell. It really, really does. But this is my first time actually seeing a battle taking place with the new dynamic sprites, and it just looked kind of weird. I mean, I originally thought that dynamic sprite would bring a cool new aspect to battling, but after watching how some of your Pokemon take damage, I don't know. It just looked kind of unnatural...

Also, did I see clearly? Are we really going to see changing seasons? That's gonna be pretty awesome. But wait, did I really see Black-kun getting shot out of a canon? WTF?

o_O This vid has just made me more confused as to weather I'll actually be buying these games or not. I mean, on the one hand, the new interface just looks sick as hell. It really, really does. But this is my first time actually seeing a battle taking place with the new dynamic sprites, and it just looked kind of weird. I mean, I originally thought that dynamic sprite would bring a cool new aspect to battling, but after watching how some of your Pokemon take damage, I don't know. It just looked kind of unnatural...

Also, did I see clearly? Are we really going to see changing seasons? That's gonna be pretty awesome. But wait, did I really see Black-kun getting shot out of a canon? WTF?
I'm sure you'll be buying them like the rest of us.

The cannon is part of the theme park in the middle of Isshu.

Everything in that video just confirms the series is far from being creatively bankrupt. New trainer types, new sidequests, even the new Pokemon revealed look worth giving a try.

It's amazing what a location change can do to a series.

I nearly had a spaz-attack when I saw the vid. It drove me to want to buy the games even more. lol I just loved everything I saw and I actually like Team Plasma's design. Although it suddenly made me think of Templar Knights and all that's missing is for the grunts' symbol to have the Abstergo logo from Assassin's Creed 1.

But goddamn I hate the wait for the release dates (and it doesn't help I have to wait 'till March... lol).

When I saw the football player, a sudden thought popped into my head:

"Football player Patton Manning has challenged you to a battle!"

I couldn't help it. :p

I'm not waiting till next year. I'm preordering Black! (Yes, I know it's Japanese, but I have no problems with my JP HG.)

So much info all at once. My head hurts.

Kinda weird that the swan/stork has a bra-like markings. I wonder if it'll be a standalone pokemon...

Speaking of the new trainer types, I hope in the English release of B/W there's at least one football trainer whose introduction is "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL". That's like, one of the things I hoping will be in this game.

Kinda weird that the swan/stork has a bra-like markings. I wonder if it'll be a standalone pokemon...

That's part of the Pokemon's costume.

Speaking of the new trainer types, I hope in the English release of B/W there's at least one football trainer whose introduction is "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL". That's like, one of the things I hoping will be in this game.
Somebody make that happen, for it would be epic.

I actually like the costumes for Team Plasma. I really want to hear their backstory. Color me intrigued.

I don't think I can wait until 2011. I'm thinking I want this game now. :)

I hope so, but MAN, it sure doesn't look like it is... :/

Gah. Really? I knew the necklace and crown were part of the costume . . .

It looked so awesome with a bra. u__u

When I saw the football player, the first thing that came to my mind is a certain SNES game that has football player-like enemies.

On that note, if one of the football player trainers is named "Chuck", I'll squeal with nerdy joy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom