• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appearanc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appea

Trainer FAVRE has challenged you to a battle!

Pretty sure the bra is a part of that bird. At least I hope so.

Re: New Black and White info revealed: Generation V villains, others make first appea

Part of me wonders if there's someone at Gamefreak who just lumps every western concept together and decided to throw the knights in for that reason. :p

Part of me wonders if there's someone at Gamefreak who just lumps every western concept together and decided to throw the knights in for that reason. :p

From this point forward, Berries are now French Pastries.

xD

I like the new classes. Football player I would never imagine. A black NPC? I also like that idea. Pokémon Musical, ugh I have to say it. It reminds me of Broadway.
Seasonal changes, hopefully that's not just the version exclusive stuff.

The male hero went up against the Pokemon series' first definitive black person.

I thought that one Frontier Brain chick Dahlia from Sinnoh was African-American also... is she?:confused:

I thought that one Frontier Brain chick Dahlia from Sinnoh was African-American also... is she?:confused:
Who knows. To the Japanese she's probably black enough.

(and it's okay to say black guys! Africa and America don't exist in the Poke-Universe! [unless you're Lt. Surge or Fantina.])

She looks South Asian to me

Being that there are so many castles around Isshu and these Plasma people look like the Knight's of The Templar, and there was a short segment of the video showing a mid-evil crown...........

I am gonna let everyone else fill in the blanks.

*Cues Jeopardy Music*

BTW Dahila looks more Lebanese-ish

Given her name, I think Dahlia was meant to be "Hispanic". I'm not sure if that's the right word to use, but, y'know, from the lower areas of America.

She does seem like she could fit in with Aloe and Iris though...interesting all of our dark-skinned characters have English words for plants as names.

She does seem like she could fit in with Aloe and Iris though...interesting all of our dark-skinned characters have English words for plants as names.

I think all Gym Leaders/Elite 4/etc. have plant-based names. Which makes me wonder about Iris, actually. She might be a Gym Leader too.

Yeah, they do, as do the Elite Four but I think these are the first that don't use the Japanese names of plants which I found interesting.

are they really called Team Plasma?
or is that just what everyone is gunna call them til they're named?
also, isn't this the 1st time they actually put other races into the games? :D
-hides under a rock-

Well, technically, you could say the characters in the games prior were mostly meant to be Japanese, so Lt. Surge, Crasher Wake, and Fantina were of a different race since I believe they're mentioned to be from foreign countries.

Well, technically, you could say the characters in the games prior were mostly meant to be Japanese, so Lt. Surge, Crasher Wake, and Fantina were of a different race since I believe they're mentioned to be from foreign countries.

John Maddon challenges you to a pokemon battle!
...what?

Hiun apparently translates to bad luck?
This has got me wondering what the connection between the town's names is gonna be unless they completely change it for the American names which wouldn't make sense.

Hiun apparently translates to bad luck?

That's been known for a while...

It also translates into "clouds in the sky", or something to that affect. I'd say this translation of Hiun is probably what the developers were going for, considering how high the skyscrapers are, and how cheerful and upbeat the city looks to be.

being foreign =/= being a different race >.<

I know, but Americans are usually considered to be a different race from Asians.

I know, but Americans are usually considered to be a different race from Asians.

not American's as a whole, since some are Black, some are White, and some are Red, not to mention Yellow.

(and no, there is no "brown" race, coming from a person who should be of the "brown" race, i would know. Hispanic/Mexican is nationality, not race.) :nono:

but ya, i think this might be the 1st pkmn game where i see a black person :eek:
-crosses fingers for future lead heroes to be something other than white-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom