• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Characters

Do you think Cheren is male or male?

• Total voters
Re: Cheren

Reverse trap or megane boy?
Tough call. I'd be cool with both. Although personally I'd prefer male, just because that's less Rule 34 running around.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a girl...

Reverse trap or megane boy?
Tough call. I'd be cool with both. Although personally I'd prefer male, just because that's less Rule 34 running around.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a girl...
haha, less rule 34.

Once we get a Ken Sugimori art, then we might know.

Honestly, if it's just a flat-chested woman, that's no fun. >_>

I think she will be a rival from the enemy team

I think the green haired guy going "I'm going to be better than the champion" fits that bill more. Besides, this trainer looks like their room got ransacked. Then again, there is that third trainer in the first picture that may be the owner of the house, still doesn't stop the idea that the protagonist is the one being accused of being a thief.

Just because Pokémon has a few effeminate guys doesn't mean that every effeminate character is a guy.

Just because Pokémon has a few effeminate guys doesn't mean that every effeminate character is a guy.

No, but it doesn't mean every ambiguous character with feminine features is a girl either.

Just pointing out its not that weird in the Pokemon world.

IMO this "Cheren" guy could be another rival, along with the green-haired guy.

btw, actually, his name is "Chieren", not "Cheren".

btw, actually, his name is "Chieren", not "Cheren".

No, it's not. The e is small, so put together with chi, forms the syllable che.

And this is quite obviously a guy. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't paid attention to Pokemon for the past 14-some years or, well, anime designs at all.

I still say if Cheren's a guy it's the creepiest looking guy, the glasses, even the hairstyle (same as Anabel), all scream girl.

I just don't see how you get a guy from that because if Cheren is a guy he's one badly drawn dude.

Bugsy and all those examples, may seem feminine or male and while there's some I'd like to say are the opposite, I can see how they are their respective genders but if Cheren ends up being a a guy, they better fix him if he shows up in anime.

In terms of the human character's face. Just take Tucker's face and you got a normal male non creepy face.

There are a lot of men with stereotypically effeminate features and even more so in anime (like most of the cast of Ouran though one of them actually is a girl). I still can't believe the facial features are what's creepy to you.

I don't know, I find the idea of an ambiguous looking guy being hit on as a girl much funnier than a girl being mistaken as a guy.

I can't decide if cheren looks male or female to me but rather than a rival I'm betting (s)he's a gym leader. And his(her) gym is a run-down apartment. Maybe in huin city? Also is that a pokemon between cheren and the player or an oddly dressed person?

I can't decide if cheren looks male or female to me but rather than a rival I'm betting (s)he's a gym leader. And his(her) gym is a run-down apartment. Maybe in huin city? Also is that a pokemon between cheren and the player or an oddly dressed person?

That one between the player and Cheren is a person

I think it's a guy. I sort of hope I'm wrong, though.

I think it would be a male because of the way the Overworld image is and because of his hand it looks very masculine.

Back
Top Bottom