• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Characters

Do you think Cheren is male or male?

• Total voters
Re: Cheren

or it's actually a reverse trap.

Seems to feminine to be a reverse trap. (S)He looks like a lot of girls I've seen. Normal clothing..Well, not normal but still.

Sheik, of Zelda fame, is a good example of a reverse trap; The only way to tell is by hearing her voice when she poofs or wait till she reveals herself.

Seems to feminine to be a reverse trap. (S)He looks like a lot of girls I've seen. Normal clothing..Well, not normal but still.

Sheik, of Zelda fame, is a good example of a reverse trap; The only way to tell is by hearing her voice when she poofs or wait till she reveals herself.

yeh, so it's a trap.

kidding.

also, i don't think s(he) is your rival... i think the green-haired cap guy is.

He's obvious like Jamie. Play as a girl and he's a boy. Play as a boy and she's a girl.

..Or he's just a somewhat feminine looking male (he doesn't look much older then seventeen at best actually) or a "normal" female.

Also, it's "intersexed" not hermaphrodite.
I checked Wikipe-. They both refer to one with both male and female traits. So either is fine. Why does it even matter?
Cerren is a (x+1)Reverse Trap.

I checked Wikipe-. They both refer to one with both male and female traits. So either is fine. Why does it even matter?

The intersexed part? Hermaphrodite is considered offensive nowadays, especially when referring to intersexes in a direct or indirect way, and they technically refer to two different things.

If Cheren was the rival (which probably isn't the case because of Mr. Green Hair guy), I'd pull for female Cheren. Otherwise, I really don't care.

Lol at all these people analyzing the character portrait. "HURR CHEREN'S HANDS/RIGHT EYE/GLASSES/SLEEVE/TOP MOST PIXEL IS TOO MASCULINE/FEMININE TO BE DURR." It's just a portrait. The sprite looks male to me though.

what does the male player characters name translate into?

Male, he just looks like a guy to me. His build just isn't very feminine in the other screenshot with him in it, in my opinion. Plus in the overworld sprites, nearly everyone has hips.

After much thought, I've decided that He is Indeed a man :/

eyes style are used in male characters- Clothes is manly- Guyish sprite- TRANNY HANDS.

His role? I doubt rival.

Cheren looks like a Japanese female.
I think she is the rival and that room is Black's room.
It's all trashed and such...

OBVIOUSLY, a girl >_>

First of all... I've got a girl who moved from South Korea with the Romanized name "Chaerin" at our school which you pronounce like "Sharon". This Cheren person also seems like a girl because of how they kinda dress, like our Chaerin over here ._.

OBVIOUSLY, a girl >_>

First of all... I've got a girl who moved from South Korea with the Romanized name "Chaerin" at our school which you pronounce like "Sharon". This Cheren person also seems like a girl because of how they kinda dress, like our Chaerin over here ._.

Though I'm personally leaning towards Cheren being male, the Korean link is interesting, since I've been wondering about the possibility of Isshu being based on Korea.

Except, you know, a Korea with sarcophagi lying around >.>

OBVIOUSLY, a girl >_>

Except I don't think Cheren is pronounced Sheren.How can you tell that Cheren dresses girly when all you see the head and barely anything past the shoulders?

Except I don't think Cheren is pronounced Sheren.How can you tell that Cheren dresses girly when all you see the head and barely anything past the shoulders?

Well, how do you know if Cheren isn't like "Sharon"..

Hmm, well now I realize it could possibly be a guy

1. Apparently the Gym is like a house, the area where Cheren is might be a bedroom?

2. The bedroom is pretty messy, and I think I could see a couple of electronics laying around near the TV.

3. Maybe Cheren is a Super Nerd?

5. Super nerds are always guys in the mainstream Pokemon games.

6. Possibly a girl Super Nerd? :uhoh::uhoh:

Well, how do you know if Cheren isn't like "Sharon"..

Hmm, well now I realize it could possibly be a guy

1. Apparently the Gym is like a house, the area where Cheren is might be a bedroom?

2. The bedroom is pretty messy, and I think I could see a couple of electronics laying around near the TV.

3. Maybe Cheren is a Super Nerd?

5. Super nerds are always guys in the mainstream Pokemon games.

6. Possibly a girl Super Nerd? :uhoh::uhoh:

Cheren could possibly be a female Super Nerd!
GFreak keeps continuously attempting to try hard at being unoriginal! I like the idea!

OBVIOUSLY, a girl >_>

Cheren is the direct romanization. It's a ch sound and not a sh sound.

Though in my head I pronounce it as "Sheren" because "Cheren" is a rather...unique name.

Back
Top Bottom