• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Characters

Do you think Cheren is male or male?

• Total voters
Hey, so saw this on Dogasu, but Masuda explained where Geechis' name came from...

I guess the song IS saying his name. Pretty neat, and it relates to N being inspired by a music box and the fact their last names is Harmonia. Also, Dogasu thinks his romantizized name would therefore be...G'Cis. Ah, I liked Goetis. :X

I'm gonna wait for an official Romanization before I say anything because

Geechisu's name is so confusing
adnfopoks

That said, I wonder what NoA will chose D8

But it should be the same or it'll mess up the song

Wait, I thought the notes between So and Do# were La and Ti, as in

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do

Then again, German readings, but still.

Last edited:
so i guess N is in harmony... bad jokes are bad jokes...

Shaga and Iris. related?

So, I put this on Iris' talk page. I think they're related. Here's exactly what I had put. Is Iris related to Shaga in a family sense? They're both gym leaders of the eighth gym, albeit version exclusively, while the other will teach Draco Meteor. Both train dragon types too. So I believe they're related by blood. and don't worry I'll also put this on the forums.

now I don't know if they're located in the same exact house in the games, because I don't have the Japanese versions. But I believe they're related. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen two different gym leaders who were related (Koga and Janine)

Oh and by the way, this is In A Manica a.k.a Joe. HI EVERYBODY!!

I do not think they are, as far as I know they're just apprentices, and Iris was hinted at coming from a village outside of Souryuu but doesn't regret it. She could consider Shaga her father figure, but I think that's as far as it goes.

interesting.... I know she's from some other village area as far as the anime goes, but the games mention that too? very interesting. *speculation starts taking over my mind*

Iris is a young girl from a different village you do not visit in-game. She apparently can talk to dragons or something and so she was taken in as Shaga's apprentice. They are not related though. She's simply his heir.

Iris is a young girl from a different village you do not visit in-game. She apparently can talk to dragons or something and so she was taken in as Shaga's apprentice. They are not related though. She's simply his heir.

Interesting. I always thought Iris was Shaga's daughter.

yup that's exactly what I thought, and what prompted me to ask it. Glad to know I wasn't the only one :phew:

I was under the impression they were at least related. I don't know about daughter, I was actually thinking granddaughter (I don't know how old either of them is, but I was under the impression Iris is pretty young and Shaga is old b/c of his white hair). They already did the father-son thing in D/P/Pt with Byron and Roark, and that was actually really cool. It would be cool to see something similar, the whole "heir" thing would be a bit lame if that's all it turned out to be.

^^ she calls him Uncle Shaga in the script IIRC

the non official translated script. And as far as any of us know, that could just be what she calls him because he is her guardian. Remember All Dog's Go to Heaven? The little girl called a DOG Uncle Charlie.

the non official translated script. And as far as any of us know, that could just be what she calls him because he is her guardian. Remember All Dog's Go to Heaven? The little girl called a DOG Uncle Charlie.
Oh my God, I loved that film as a kid!

Also, me and my brothers call my second cousin "Auntie" because she and my Mum are practically sisters. It's also a sign of affection or recognition of authority, like how me and my brothers used to call our old next door neighbours "Uncle" and "Aunt".

good, i thought so...
i don't see their resemblance.

good, i thought so...
i don't see their resemblance.

I don't see any resemblance either, but hey I have some uncles who don't look at all like me. I think it would be cool if Shoga was Iris' uncle. At the very least they should explain why there's different leaders in the different versions.

They do... Shaga is the rightful gym leader, but in White he lets Iris be the one to test the player.

They do... Shaga is the rightful gym leader, but in White he lets Iris be the one to test the player.

hmm that's interesting, didn't know that. I haven't actually played the games yet so I apologize for not realizing stuff

Back
Top Bottom