• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New companion coming soon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
So... I caved. I was trying to hold out as long as I could but the crushing loneliness of my life finally caused me to cave. I'm getting another bird. We're not going to go through with it until March because of financial issues (it is tax season, after all), but we're going to talk to the vet who took care of Zeru during his final hours, as he informed us that the animal medical center he works at is associated with both a bird rescue project and some breeders. While a rescue bird sounds okay, as rescuing an animal from a bad home is always a noble thing to do, we had a rescue bird once... and it didn't end well (the bird got mean and aggressive). So I'm leaning more toward breeders. Since Zeru came from a breeder (one with almost legendary status) and he turned out so well it inspires more confidence.

While we don't know what breeds will be available to us when we check it out my folks and I have been brainstorming some ideas. Mom suggests I should get a lovebird, since I'm home most of the time (I'm a recluse with a social life that's about as lively as a cemetery), thus I can spend a lot of time with it. There's also green-cheeked conures that I've heard are really sweet and playful. I'm somewhat hesitant on that because the rescue bird I had previously was a sun conure and, well, like I said, it didn't end well. Plus I worry a bit about noise since I live in an apartment building (and sounds and smells penetrate the walls and floor of this place very easily) and thus don't want to cause a problem. Caiques I've also heard are good companions but I've never really seen any. There there's also Indian ringneck parrots that I've expressed an interest in, but I know they're high maintenance even for parrots and, again, noise being an issue. While we don't know what breeds will be available to us when we actually decide to tap into this breeder project the vet is associated with these are the breeds I'm most interested in: lovebird, green-cheeked conure, caique and Indian ringneck.

If anyone has any knowledge on these birds or has owned on themselves please leave a suggestion on what I should do. And, for the record, I'm trying to avoid budgies and cockatiels right now. I've had poor luck with budgies (they all died pretty quickly, with only one living over 5 years) and as for cockatiels I don't want to feel like I'm betraying Zeru by "replacing" him with another bird of the same breed. So, if anyone has a suggestion or information on these bird breeds I'm most interested in please comment below. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom