• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New D/P info

Omg HAPPY 400 POKEMON!!!! -jumps up and down excitedly-

Does anyone have any idea of name origins? Dorapion gets his name suffix from Scorpion. *nods sagely*

Pachirisu - well, risu means squirrel. pachipachi is the sound of clapping hands. (The construction is similar to a certain Electricmouse Pokémon)

Now, please, let's get the names right before more confusion occurs.

Cherimu, one i, one e, one r.
Pachirisu, one s, one u, two is.

Goddamit, another Pikachu clone. Were Pichu, Plusle, and Minun not enough?! Why does 1/3rd of all Electric types have to be Pikachu cousins? That rat is a blight on electric-shooting monsters everywhere.

Hmm.. well The new info is sort of cool.. it doesn't feel like anything we couldn't have guessed... However I like the old friend rival. That is kind of cool, I just really wish they had a rival system where you could randomly run into them also, and they also continue to grow their monsters in level.

I think the animations in the game are going to be cool, looking at Lucario's hadou and Bouysel's aqua jet, it looks really cool. I'm also glad Bouysel gets a new quick attack, that's pretty cool. I still hope they added something new to the battle system, but it seems cool.

I also wonder about side quests in this game... did we know about contests 2 months before ruby and sapphire's release? I mean, I hope contest return, return modified, but return... however I also am hoping for something new.

Also, I love team double battles! It was pretty cool in Emerald. Hopefully we get a lot more in this game... I need to pre-order this now

I still don't feel like many questions were answered (out side of touch screen for move selection). Hopefully we get some videos of the battles soon.

The touch screen control looks really useful. Pokémon looks like the kind of game that was made for it, which is promising.

I wonder how the legendaries will enter the plot. Last time they created weather effects but this time we have Pokémon of space and time. I also wonder Team Galaxy will be similar to Teams Aqua and Magma in the reasons for the name.

We should be getting battle videos at the Pokemon Jungle Tour in a few days.

Anybody else wondering why Dorapion is called the "Changeable Scorpion"? It's body kinda looks like it could fold.

Or, now this may be a little speculative, we have a baby scorpion that evolves into Gligar or Dorapion depending on certain stuff?

Maybe we'll get to go into space? 8D
Maybe there are different forms of Dorapion like there are different forms of Deoxys? And it would look different depending on different things, like its hold item or maybe the time of day?

That would be alsome if you could go to space, I mean, it's one of the new legendary's special abilities. So hopefully space should have a part in the storyline.

Cherimu's ability is pretty intresting, and being a rosellia pre-evo is intresting. It points out that many new pokemon seem to have weather characteristics, it makes me wonder if random weather will appear in areas randomly. If so that will be very, very cool!

I also like Pachirisu's tail.. The spikes look cool, hopefully it learns iron tail. It makes more sense than pikachu. I may train one, but I don't feel urges too.. My favorite 4th gen monsters are still Lucario and Bouysel.

I am having a hard time of waiting to play this game... but hopefully more info/video will tide me over soon enough. I haven't felt this hyped for a game since... since maybe the last pokemon... I forgot what this feels like!

also can someone confirm this for me, does this look like the Hadou attack is a fighting type and not a flying type to anyone else?

I hope its a little more than a regular fighting move though... I was actually hoping it'd be something like steel, but who knows.

Last edited:
So has it been confirmed that eggplant is Roselia's baby form? I am sick of babies already. My two future hopes are that:

1) We go up to 500 in this generation.

2) That the remaining 100 Pokemon for Diamond and Pearl have nothing to do with previous ones.

I hated Johto because of all the crappy babies and rarely interesting evolutions. I don't want Johto Part Deux, but that's what this gen is shaping up to be.

No, it just specualtive that it's Roselia's baby form due to the fact that it's a plant, a Roselia is appearing at the Jungle Tour and is the likely canidate for a baby, although I'd wheter have a evo.

I don't believe Cherimu is related to Roselia simply because it is a plant. Every time new Pokemon are revealed they're needlessly grabbed, tacked onto another random Pokemon and said "LOOK, MUST BE AN EVOLUTION/PREVOLUTIONZ!1!!".

If it is, then hooray for it. But second guessing it is pointless as 99% of the time such Pokemon are never related at all.

Although if Cherimu were related to Roselia, I'd say it's more than likely it would have been mentioned, so that kinda dulls that theory.

I don't think people think Cherimu is related to Roselia because they are both plants... I think it's because their bodies are similar but based differently. Cherimu's body is a pink and round flower version of Roselia's, exact same shape, just different arms. So it looks like a relation. It also doesn't help that roselia is mentioned in the magazine.

Roses Ablaze said:
So would Perukia be Perkia since it derives its name from 'pearl'?

Could be Perlkia...

Well, the reason I thought that Cheri might be related to Roselia is that:
1: Roselia was in a few of the pictures...possibly meaning it has some relation to something new. I mean, why would they put some random Pokemon with Lucario? It's like putting Shuckle with Mewtwo...what I mean is that the Roselia probably has some importance. :p
2: They sort of look alike. :p They have the same feet...and they both have a sort of "dress". Also they both have 3 things on their head. (Cheri with the 'petals' and Roselia with the horns)
3: They both have the same stripe on their chest! :O Cheri's stripe is smaller and black, and Roselia's is long and yellow, but they seem very much the same.

But, on the other hand, there are some reasons they might NOT be related.
1: Roselia's roses. Roselia is a rose Pokemon and Cheri is supposedly a Sakura.
2: The colors. Roselia is green and Cheri is yellow and red and orange...it's hard to see those colors together...
3: The eyes. It's just weird that Cheri has open eyes and it evolves into something with its eyes closed.

Anyway, I have no idea if they are related or not. :p Just wanted to share my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom