• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Mafia - Endgame - Everyone's Killing Game Closing Ceremony - Town Victory - 03/19/2020

You all keep saying I made a bad play but you're the ones still considering lynching the cop that is likely to survive until mid-late game :rolleyes:

How is it a bad play if we are lynching Mafia? :M

So wait

You say that cop shouldn't claim, then vote Ex because the rules changed and now the cop can't claim?

The lack of roleclaiming doesn't invalidate the strategy you suggested of waiting for another potential cop to flip after death.

I don't get how this rule change justifies your change in vote.

Vote: HumanDawn

oh boy

If ExLight is Mafia, then he can just coast the entire game because the Cop can't counterclaim him. There could be a Cop voting ExLight now, or maybe later. ExLight can just cry Roleblocked or make fake checks too. I don't know what's hard to understand about being uncomfortable about that.

I get this, but to be fair Exlight wouldnt have considered being able to play the town before Max said there'd be no roleclaiming. Also this might be naive of me, but couldn't someone technically kind of counterclaim by being very adamantly against Exlight later on and maybe we could catch that as a clue? That might be a loophole though?

He wouldn't have considered it - it's much more likely that his plan was to get the Cop to out. The fact he shielded any counterclaim by saying that it's a

im inclined to believe the cop claim. if you're scum it's basically suicide at that stage and I don't see why people think ExLight was in that much danger, the earlier the claim comes the more likely it is to come from town because the chances of a counterclaim are very high. what reason is there as scum not to wait a little bit longer to claim cop, hope the actual cop isn't around to counterclaim and survive an extra day?

It's not a bad suicidal trade-off if you get the Cop off as early as you can. If we actually adhere to this game being very similar to the original game, then the Mafia has no Godfather and getting the Cop out is essential for victory.

ExLight claiming cop too early was not a good idea and instead he should have tried to get the votes off him. Seeing the reason on why he claimed I can now understand the part on what he said about the watcher that can always watch him which means mafia will be scared to visit him.

ExLight's reasoning -> "I'm the Cop, the most basic of roles, just like in the original game, so all roles are the same, so there is a Watcher, so Mafia probably won't target me so it's safe to out.".

Do you seriously believe that?

This reads very much as an excuse to me
I knew it would, but it's perfectly true..
HumanDawn seems legit mad, thoughts on that?
Either ExLight or HumanDawn is scum, that much is certain.

I'm still hard null on Ex, maybe townread? Guess that means I should
VOTE: HUMANDAWN.

Mafia claiming cop on day 1 is a bad play and I don't see mafia doing a risky play like this on day 1. A jester claiming cop on day 1 would make more sense since they would want to try to get lynched. I have seen mafia do a trade off to try to eliminate a cop and this happened only at mylo/lylo.

I can at least see where HumanDawn is coming from I guess even though I don't agree with it. if there an unclaimed cop I think it only hurts scum to keep them alive. the longer they stay alive the more results they can get which we can use after they die. the only downside would be if the cop surives all the way until the end of the game which should be made less likely due to how good their reads will be and mafia will see them as a threat.

VoteTheCapsFan

didn't like their vote on exlight at all. seemed he was just hiding behind humandawn's reasoning and he also mentioned he wanted to policy lynch and cause some chaos which makes me doubt it's a genuine read. it would only cause chaos if we actually lynch our cop, and if you agree that he looks scummy why even mention policy lynch? you should simply be voting because you think he is scum, just makes me think it was said so you can say it was a policy lynch if/when he flips town.

A jester claiming cop on day 1 would make more sense since they would want to try to get lynched.
I'm not getting a jester vibe from Ex. That logic would make sense if Ex immediately came in and claimed cop, but he only claimed cop because there were three votes on him and I guess he didn't see a way of arguing out of a potential lynch other than claiming (as premature as it may have been). So, idk. I feel like a jester would randomly claim cop rather than when under pressure.

At any rate, who are you most suspect of right now?

Lol, I feel like you got this backwards. My scum game is often described as organized and calculated.

Disagree from my experience, though it can vary depending on the environment, role, and situation.

What does one thing have to do with the other?
First of all, no, it's not WIFOM because if I were scum and someone counterclaimed that means I'd get lynched on the spot losing 1/3 of my team, and townclearing someone that is pretty untouchable while a Watcher is around; even if the setup is different and scum know this they don't know what to expect from town and wouldn't risk it knowing Watcher is if anything a high chance possibility.
Second of all, no, I wouldn't push a lynch for people with different roles and I already said here that I expect some balance tweaks and even the chance of the alignment of some characters being changed. If anything a claim that wasn't in the original game, if it made sense and upon testing, would give us important information about whether or not we can coordinate stuff from early on, it has nothing to do with me pushing anyone. You're creating an absurd scenario here painting me as the Big Bad Wolf and possibly projecting stuff you would do as scum. So step the shit back with these accusations that are just your imagination will you?

Oops, I didn't word that right, but what I meant was that if you were Mafia, doubling down on the setup being the same means nothing because you would already assume the Town roles are the same, so it just becomes easy town credit to push that the setup is the same.

@Space If you truly think ExLight is more likely to be Town because he doubled down on the setup being the same, then he would have just mentioned everybody, demanded a mass claim, and we could lynch the Mafia from the counterclaims, but he didn't, so how can you expect me town read him when everything about him suspicious with how nonsensical he is being?? I swear that if he hadn't actually claimed Cop he would probably have received more votes because his tune hasn't changed at all from trying to properly defend himself. He doesn't admit to ANY mistake or play and insists he didn't do anything wrong, which I'm thinking is out of fear of him being suspected more for it.

"If I were scum and someone counterclaimed" is WIFOM and you already shielded yourself from any future counterclaim because you said that if it happened, then in your own words it must be from a Jester, when it could actually be from a Mafia member who wants you lynched! Slip...?

You keep insisting there is a Watcher like you're completely certain - when we don't know all the roles in the game. Like I've been saying, you'd only be so sure if the Mafia roles were exactly the same. You could come with the same conclusion if most of them were the same too, but even without that, you insisting there is a Watcher is just to try to shield yourself from a bad and nonsensical claim.

He wouldn't have considered it - it's much more likely that his plan was to get the Cop to out. The fact he shielded any counterclaim by saying that it's a

that's a possibility, but would Exlight have really bothered doing that when he already had votes on him? He knows how dangerous it was to openly claim (and it was dangerous, considering all that's happened) it just seems like it'd be more of a bother than it's worth, because then mafia's already going to be down 1 early on when it wouldn't have to be that way.

also your sentence got caught off, what about shielding any counterclaim?

This however kinda has two sides because while I think this is a red flag I also feel like it's weird if he was a scum to not have checked the current situation with the rest of the mafia team before jumping in-thread.

true, but that would be assuming the mafia is one of the active ones & he could have felt rushed/pressured to give his thoughts before consulting so he doesn't get brought up.

that's a possibility, but would Exlight have really bothered doing that when he already had votes on him? He knows how dangerous it was to openly claim (and it was dangerous, considering all that's happened) it just seems like it'd be more of a bother than it's worth, because then mafia's already going to be down 1 early on when it wouldn't have to be that way.

also your sentence got caught off, what about shielding any counterclaim?

I wrote that ExLight claiming that any counterclaim is a Jester makes him already cover his ground to trick people into ignoring the counterclaim and trust him because it must be a Jester. Basically, he already covered his tracks, and if he manages to convince people to ignore the Cop CC because it must be a Jester (and not in any way Mafia lol) then he can just last for a long time and completely discredit the Cop.

Not a bother if you get the Cop out.

You're... underestimating how good Exlight is as scum ;P.

If you have a problem with it, go complain to the host that you can't share your results now. The fact you haven't complained about the change is worrisome and OOC compared to what I know of you outside the game.

Really looking forward to a reply from ExLight here.

Jeez... it's like he doesn't actually want the Town to actually be able to claim, considering it benefits Mafia more to not have to come up with a fakeclaim. ;P

@HumanDawn Could you explain why you're townreading Space and Caps? I'm curious about those two.

Not much really, just gut feelings. I just posted the read lists to get what was floating in my head out. I guess it's just what I expected from both to post as their Town selves meta-wise.

That’s an awful lot of reads for Day 1 :worried-1:

"Obviously too early to tell at the moment"

See also above.

you can literally just lynch any non-town result I present to confirm my role

If we ever get one, which we probably won't if you're lying.

OK then.

With 20 hours and 26 minutes left, this is the current vote count. Should be right.

TheCapsFanSnowy, Jeff Peak Passenger
HumanDawnExLight, Tood, Feenie, Chevywolf30
ExLightTimaeus, TheCapsFan
Jeff Peak PassengerGrande Homme
SoulmasterSpace
Frozen FennecFeenie

Back
Top Bottom