• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP New/Different Content?

It would be disappointing if they lowered the difficulty given that the originals weren't very hard to begin with. I know people like to bring up Cynthia, but isn't a good thing that she's even remotely difficult given that she's the final trainer in the main game? Like a final boss should be.

Out of curiosity, what did you find difficult in the originals?

Mainly the Elite Four. Like in a lot of the older Pokemon games, their levels are drastically higher than any of the trainers in Victory Road, meaning you have to grind a lot to beat them. I don't feel that I ever completed Pearl properly, because I ended up trading over my stronger Pokemon from SoulSilver to help out.

Come to think of it, I didn't have this problem in Platinum because the Elite Four and Cynthia had their levels lowered. They were still challenging, but I didn't have to grind. Perhaps Platinum got the difficulty about right.

That being said, I did lose interest in my second Platinum playthrough because I was having trouble beating Fantina. I'm not sure what I did wrong there - I don't remember having much trouble with her the first time. It might just be that I was less invested in that playthrough, so put less effort into training my Pokemon.

That seems more likely for Legends, honestly. There's a leaked screenshot that shows the portal hovering Mt. Coronet. I don't see why the remakes would bother treading the same ground when Sendoff Spring exists. A Darkrai episode might be more likely.

Come to think of it, I'd be be fine with the Distortion World not being in BDSP if we got it in Legends instead. In BDSP it would likely be much the same as before, whereas in Legends they could do something new with it.

It would be disappointing if they lowered the difficulty given that the originals weren't very hard to begin with. I know people like to bring up Cynthia, but isn't a good thing that she's even remotely difficult given that she's the final trainer in the main game? Like a final boss should be.
I think people confuse her appearance in DPPt and BW.

Like in DPPt, she's the secret final boss, she's supposed to be hard. In BW, she's chilling in an unsuspecting house in an area where all the wild pokemon are level 30-60, ready to throw her level 77 land shark at you the moment you walk in.

The constant mention of these remakes being "faithful" in the pokemon presents has me thinking that BDSP will be closer to a 1:1 remaster sorta re-creation rather than a full-blown remake with new forms, content, etc, like we've seen with HGSS, FRLG, and ORAS.

Doing this would be a huge misstep imo, there needs to be cool new things to justify that 60$ price point, but I doubt we'll see any brand new additions to the series without gamefreak working on this one.

While call-forwards are very likely in Legends, but since BD/SP are being developed in tangent something I would be curious about is if they put any call-backs to Legends in BD/SP.

Like hypothetically say you have a side-quest in Legends whereby an elderly member of the Hub Town wants you to bury a time capsule full of memories to be preserved and then in BD/SP you can find an NPC in around the same area that mentions they found the time capsule after been told stories of how his ancestors came to Sinnoh. :unsure:

We already know some elements from Platinum are there.

CentroLeaks posted screens of a girl that only existed in Platinum in Floroama Town, and she was in the trailer this morning. The Gracidia Flower girl. So this is a mix with Platinum yes.

In addition to this, the Oreburgh City conveyer belts seen in the BDSP trailer have coal moving along them, which was only the case in Platinum.

Considering that Mina from S/M could be found and battled in Let's Go, that makes me wonder if we might see a cameo character from Sw/Sh?

The obvious choice would be Kabu who could be easily explained as him trying to make an annual visit to family in Hoenn but boarded the wrong plane by mistake and is now in Sinnoh and feels like battling you to kill some time while he waits for a new plane.

But personally the person I'd most want to see would be Professor Sonia since we never got to battle her (at least not in the base game, I haven't played CT yet.) :unsure:

What I am afraid of, is if they add new mega to different elements you may not like.

For example, Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon instead of Grass. That sucks for me if I were a Sceptile lover cuz I don't like pokemon with a 4x weakness.

I mean you have the option of just not using the mega?

The constant mention of these remakes being "faithful" in the pokemon presents has me thinking that BDSP will be closer to a 1:1 remaster sorta re-creation rather than a full-blown remake with new forms, content, etc, like we've seen with HGSS, FRLG, and ORAS.

Doing this would be a huge misstep imo, there needs to be cool new things to justify that 60$ price point, but I doubt we'll see any brand new additions to the series without gamefreak working on this one.
This is what people should be expecting until we see evidence to the contrary. The first ORAS and LGPE trailers highlighted the main differences from the original games; they were never described as "faithful". First impression is key.

That doesn't mean that BSDP won't introduce anything, but it's clear that the innovation is being reserved for Legends.

Last edited:
This is what people should be expecting until we see evidence to the contrary. The first ORAS and LGPE trailers highlighted the main differences from the original games; they were never described as "faithful". First impression is key.

That doesn't mean that BSDP won't introduce anything, but it's clear that the innovation is being reserved for Legends.
I agree why put brand new stuff in the remakes if you got a second sinnoh game being worked on at the same time?

I do like the idea of different in-game events to get some Legendary Pokemon. I think in-game events to get Giratina and maybe Darkrai I could see happening. I could just also see them still having codes to get some of the other ones. Having the ability to catch Arecus in-game would be neat, but I could easily see them making the special flute part of an event or a way to tie it in with Legends. Still, having different events to get these Legendary Pokemon would be neat. I would really like to see the Distortion World too.

I'm sure that they'll have some quality of life improvements, but I especially want them to have nature mints, hyper training and easy access to EV training items. I'd also like to see them bring in the Exp. Share All. I know that some fans don't like how that makes the game too easy and the easy solution would be to give it an on/off button, but for me, I'd rather avoid level grinding. Being able to level up all of my Pokemon while just going through the game is far too helpful and I'd rather that they keep it here too.

I imagine that they'll have some kind of replacements for HMs. I really can't see them bringing that feature back when the past few games, including Yellow remakes in the form of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, have found other methods instead of relying on HMs. It would feel a bit backwards. The only way I think bringing HMs back could work would be if you could still access your box wherever like you can in Sword/Shield. It would still be a bit tedious and backwards, but at least players wouldn't necessarily have to make room for a Pokemon that can learn specific HMs on their teams.

As far as Mega Pokemon go, maybe they could be featured in the post-game. I honestly forgot that they were in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to be featured in another remake. I'm not too eager for that, mainly because I think I prefer Dynamax over Mega Evolution. I still like the concept of Mega Evolution and a lot of Mega Pokemon. I'm not against it being brought back for these games, but I wouldn't be that upset if they don't bring them back either.

Aye, there's the rub. The wholly new game will probably--and should--take priority over the remakes.
(maybe that's (part of) why they made chibi models of the of overworld sprites :unsure: )

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom