• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP New/Different Content?

I don't think there's going to be a lot of major changes, just minor tweaks for the most part. The major changes are most likely going to be reserved for LA. Here are some of the changes I think they could make:

-A post game story arc for Giratina, and maaaaaybe for Darkrai/Shaymin. I'd be surprised if all three get one though.
-The Sinnoh Dex is around 400-450, but only Pokemon that were in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex are accessible before the post game. The remaining half are post game additions, primarily or maybe even exclusively 1st-4th gen Pokemon.
-Potentially a new form/burst mechanic like Mega Evolutionand Sinnoh forms. Dialga/Palkia will certainly get new forms, and some of the more popular Pokemon might as well (such as the starters, Lucario, Garchomp, etc.).
-Some new type of field move mechanic along the lines of Poke Ride/Secret Techniques.
-Honey Trees work like Headbutt/Berry Trees.
-Sinnoh Underground is now online.
-Veilstone Game Corner closed.
-Great Marsh will just be a regular Pokemon catching place like ORAS.
-Pokeradar acts like the Dexnav, now potentially obtained in the main game (but like the Dexnav, new Pokemon would not be added until post game).
-Pal Park replaced by Go Park (ugh).
-Various cameo appearances from

I don't think there's going to be a lot of major changes, just minor tweaks for the most part. The major changes are most likely going to be reserved for LA. Here are some of the changes I think they could make:

-A post game story arc for Giratina, and maaaaaybe for Darkrai/Shaymin. I'd be surprised if all three get one though.
-The Sinnoh Dex is around 400-450, but only Pokemon that were in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex are accessible before the post game. The remaining half are post game additions, primarily or maybe even exclusively 1st-4th gen Pokemon.
-Potentially a new form/burst mechanic like Mega Evolutionand Sinnoh forms. Dialga/Palkia will certainly get new forms, and some of the more popular Pokemon might as well (such as the starters, Lucario, Garchomp, etc.).
-Some new type of field move mechanic along the lines of Poke Ride/Secret Techniques.
-Honey Trees work like Headbutt/Berry Trees.
-Sinnoh Underground is now online.
-Veilstone Game Corner closed.
-Great Marsh will just be a regular Pokemon catching place like ORAS.
-Pokeradar acts like the Dexnav, now potentially obtained in the main game (but like the Dexnav, new Pokemon would not be added until post game).
-Pal Park replaced by Go Park (ugh).
-Various cameo appearances from
I don't expect Go Park because this isn't a Let's Go game.

Here's my prediction:

-Cyrus catches the other box Legendary before you catch your game's Legendary. And then Giratina sends you to the Distortion World where after going through that crazy 3D puzzle maze from Platinum, you battle Cyrus who has Palkia/Dialga on his team before you catch Giratina.
-The Sinnoh Dex has 251 Pokémon which would include the Platinum expansion, Sylveon, the missing Sinnoh Legendaries and Mythicals, the Regis needed to awaken Regigigas, and a few additional Pokémon to make the total 251. You still need to complete the Sinnoh Dex to unlock the National Dex. Good thing there'd be new trainers and some trainers with altered teams to fill out the new Sinnoh Pokédex.
-Flint is going to have a Heatran on his team. This is the only way I can figure out how to get Heatran in the Pokédex while keeping the Battle Zone post-National Dex.
-Pokémon originally found through Dual Slot mode can now be found through Poké Radar. The Poké Radar can also find a Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar Pokémon in every route.
-Honey Trees trigger a battle as soon as you put honey on them. Who's bright idea was it to make us wait six whole hours for our random encounter and to go so far as to prevent cheating with our DS clock? If I want a Munchlax, I need to be able catch one now and not wait six hours to find a male Combee instead!
-Veilstone Game Corner becomes the Veilstone Arcade. You play Pokémon themed minigames and are limited to buying four tokens a day, which you can save up.
-Great Marsh will work like ORAS Safari Zone in that you can battle the Wild Pokémon.
-Pal Park will have six Kanto Pokémon to catch on Sunday, six Johto Pokémon on Monday, six Hoenn Pokémon on Tuesday, six Unova Pokémon on Wednesday, six Kalos Pokémon on Thursday, six Alola Pokémon on Friday and six Galar Pokémon on Saturday.
-When Professor Oak gives you the National Dex, he gives you a choice between Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. After you visit him in Eterna City, he gives you a choice between Torchic, Mudkip and Treecko. Complete the post-game storyline to get Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Beat Palmer for Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie. Beat the Elite Four and Cynthia a second time to choose between Rowlett, Litten and Popplio.

Because of Pokemon Legends, I really don't think anything like this would be included.

so far all of these are great things in this new remake
also i wonder if they are going to do any more remakes on switch

That might be saved for Legends: Arceus.
The box arts haven't been shown yet. Moreover, "faithful remake" doesn't actually mean everything is the same all across the board, there are plenty of "faithful" remakes that added new content. And this is not even Ilca's first time developing games of franchises belonging to other developers either.

Last edited:
The box arts haven't been shown yet. Moreover, "faithful remake" doesn't actually mean everything is the same all across the board, there are plenty of "faithful" remakes that added new content. And this is not even Ilca's first time developing games of franchises belonging to other developers either.
The fact that the graphics were designed to be similar to the originals rather than using Sword and Shield's graphics and the fact that they left the designs of the protagonists exactly identical (which has never been the case for a remake) suggests that these might be more faithful to the originals than any other remake in the series so far.

The fact that the graphics were designed to be similar to the originals rather than using Sword and Shield's graphics and the fact that they left the designs of the protagonists exactly identical (which has never been the case for a remake) suggests that these might be more faithful to the originals than any other remake in the series so far.
That could just be exclusively the graphics, looks don't equal gameplay.

Maybe they're not done designing the background of the box art yet? Or they wanted new artwork of Dialga and Palkia in new poses for the box art like how Charizard, Venusaur, Ho-Oh and Lugia got special artwork for the boxart that's different from their official updated artwork? Or maybe they're waiting to reveal the boxart at E3? The lack of boxarts doesn't equal new forms. It could be that they're not done designing them yet. And while I'm hoping "faithful remake" doesn't mean more of a remaster, I don't want new forms for the box legendaries. It's more faithful than ORAS so I don't think we'd get new forms.

Maybe they're not done designing the background of the box art yet? Or they wanted new artwork of Dialga and Palkia in new poses for the box art like how Charizard, Venusaur, Ho-Oh and Lugia got special artwork for the boxart that's different from their official updated artwork? Or maybe they're waiting to reveal the boxart at E3? The lack of boxarts doesn't equal new forms. It could be that they're not done designing them yet. And while I'm hoping "faithful remake" doesn't mean more of a remaster, I don't want new forms for the box legendaries. It's more faithful than ORAS so I don't think we'd get new forms.
New forms for legendaries doesn't hurt the game, you always have the option of not using the forms.

Well these "faithful remakes" are even less likely to use new forms than HeartGold & SoulSilver.
We don't know the likeliness considering only Ilca and Masuda know about how the game is being developed in its entirety.

Last edited:
Well, I think remakes that are so faithful that they revert back to chibi models and give the protagonists their original outfits are less likely than remakes made in the Sword and Shield art style. We don't even know if Megas and Dynamax are returning in these games. All the Pokémon after Arceus in the Pokédex are in question.

That logic doesn't work for everything in these games though since there will clearly be some changes as we saw in the trailer. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dialga & Palkia could get new forms; we don't even have the actual box covers yet iirc just promo images of the cover mascots, so you can't rule it out.

I think the lack of a box art is a pretty big hint that Dialga/Palkia are getting something new. In fact not only have we not seen the box art, we haven't seen Dialga/Palkia at all, which is very strange since usually the mascot legendaries are shown in the initial reveal or pretty close to it. The fact that they're specifically hiding Dialga/Palkia implies that there's some new form they're not ready to reveal yet.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom