• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP New/Different Content?

we haven't seen Dialga/Palkia at all, which is very strange since usually the mascot legendaries are shown in the initial reveal or pretty close to it.

We have seen Dialga/Palkia though. They're showcased on the website itself.

If they have any new forms, it's possible they may want to save them for us to discover in BDSP

I also don't know why Dialga and Palkia getting forms is a certainty. If anything, legendaries not getting new forms in remakes has happened more times because FRLG and HGSS (if you want to count Let's Go, that's three remakes with no new forms to legendaries) didn't give any new form to legendaries. And Primal Reversion is basically automatic Mega Evolution and the latter was the main thing that was being pushed in Gen 6.

I'm not ruling out Dialga and Palkia getting new forms, but some people are saying they are getting new forms for certain when it's not a guarantee.

And Primal Reversion is basically automatic Mega Evolution and the latter was the main thing that was being pushed in Gen 6.

And since I really don't see Dynamax being a part of these games, I think there'd be little point in giving them Gigantamax forms. These games could introduce a new mechanic to base a pair of new forms on, but looking at the games so far, I, uh... wouldn't count on that.

Primal Kyogre and Groudon made sense for what ORAS was doing, but I just don't think BDSP have those same aspirations. I'm not even saying that as a dig at BDSP, it just is what it is. These games are there to lovingly recreate the originals and supply a solid nostalgia hit. Dialga and Palkia don't need new forms in order to accomplish that. Legends is there to do the innovative stuff. The situation in 2013/2014 wasn't the same.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom