• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime New Digimon anime entitled "Ghost Game" and new Digimon Adventure 02 movie announced

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Good news for Digimon fans: a new Digimon anime called Digimon: Ghost Game was announced this weekend. There is no synopsis yet but it will air in Fall 2021, which is only weeks after the Digimon Adventure 2020 anime has ended.

Besides that, a new Digimon Adventure 02 movie was also announced. Apparently the story will primarily focus on the 02 DigiDestined. There's no word yet on whether this movie will be a continuation of Last Evolution Kizuna but considering the same duo that wrote and directed that movie returns for this movie, it's highly likely.

Source: MyAnimeList

Posters and teaser trailer for the movie:

1627866930-f48f6e46e41f3e412845661b82adc7eb.jpeg.jpg
1627867317-d5e3ab39b66500297393066bf6856bd2.jpeg.jpg

I'm in the minority but I've really enjoyed Adventure 2020, and I'm really glad they're keeping the franchise going and we're getting a new Digimon series so soon after it. As much as I like the current series though, I'm also happy this new series will be original content with new protagonists.

As for the 02 movie... I'm less enthousiastic about that. I have a great amount of nostalgia for 02 and its cast, but I was immensely disappointed by Adventure tri. so I'm not entirely sure about a potential continuation of that. Last Evolution Kizuna was alright though, but I was fine with that being the end to the original Digimon Adventure storyline.

As great as "Adventure:" was, all things must come to an end.

Surprised that we're getting a 02 movie, I assumed that they would just reboot it like 01 was but this is fine. Hearing Daisuke and "Target" once again got me welling up.

Not sure what to make of "Ghost Game" yet. Despite being previously billed as the "successor" to Adventure: it presumably isn't in the same continuity as the previous show which is bold. Hiro doesn't have goggles and Gammamon is a dinosaur instead of a dragon which is very mold-breaking. Also interesting that the guy has a female partner and the girl a male partner Digimon which is also unusual.

Don't know. Will have to wait for a trailer to give more solid thoughts.

--EDIT--
The Digimon do look cool in CGI though. :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
The main characters and Digimon's names are as follows:

• Hiro and Gammamon, a dinosaur
  • Ruri and Angoramon, an angora rabbit
  • Seishirou and Jellymon, a jellyfish

The Digivices are called Digivice-V and are equipped with memory card-like objects called DIM-cards.

The new movie is HYPE. 02 means a lot to me and is my favorite season, so seeing the core cast in a story made for them that could take place when they are adults will be amazing. The idea of the first chosen child time-travelling to meet them kinda sounds like a fanfic but I can get behind it.

The series looks good. I certainly didn't expected them to follow up Adventure with an apparently more mature story, that appears to be about encountering secret Digimon. Something that has been done in the past with Tamers, Hunters and Universe but that can always receive a new twist. Looking forward to it, hopefully this time they at least have a main plot in mind.

I hope they revisit the other series as well. I'd be thrilled to see a Tamers/Frontier revisit.

And speaking of Daisuke, I hope this 02 movie gives him some much needed, long overdue backstory. I enjoyed watching 02, but there's not much that I remember about him, and he's supposed to be the main protagonist of 02.

Finally, a new Digimon series that isn't something Adventure related.

Which is good because as already mentioned that new reboot shit is just awful, might be one of the worst reboots I've ever seen.

Some further news.

The latest TV guide confirms that Digimon Adventure: will wrap up with its final 67th episode on the 25th of September with "Ghost Game" taking its place the following week on the 3rd of October.

Now with less than a month to go the official website for Ghost Game has updated. First up the Key Art...
digimon_ghost_main.jpg

Then the plot synopsis:
"The story takes place a bit into the future, where a new technology has been developed. On social networking sites, there circulate rumors of mysterious phenomenon of unknown origin called "hologram ghosts." First year junior high school student, Hiro Amanokawa, activates a mysterious device left by his father, known as a 'Digivice'. When activated he can see unknown creatures that ordinary people can not see, "Digimon." From the day he meets the Digimon "Gammamon," entrusted to him by his father, Hiro gets caught up in all kinds of bizarre phenomenon, such as the 'Mouth Stitching Man' who steals human time, and a 'Mummy Man' who wanders around at night and kidnaps people. Hologram ghosts are right next to us, and out to get us. From here on out, comes a story of the other side of the world that no one knew. Together with Gammamon and his friends, Hiro steps into the mysterious world where Digimon live."

Sad that Adventure: isn't getting a sequel but hopefully GG can be just as good. :cry:

I'm more interested in the 02 movie. The only brand new Digimon story that looks interesting is the Survive game, which always get delayed.

The "new Digimon that aren't quite Digimon" shtick is a bit lame. I think that Appmon started it after all the evolution gimmicks had been tapped out. No wonder the Adventure nostalgia was needed.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom